BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Newcastle 2

Whilst we were left in the lurch when GS left, not even he himself could have predicted the Geordies would have come in for him. Who can blame him for wanting a go up there?

Will still be nice to get one over on him though and I fully expect Rovers to win this one in front of a passionate Ewood crowd, bursting at the seams. tinykit.gif

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering nufc have sold 8000 tickets, Rovers have almost sold out the Darwen and Blackburn End I would guestimate the crowd to be the biggest of the season. 29k+ tinykit.gif

A mate at work says some of his Rovers pals(who haven't been in ages!) are in the Darwen end.....I think the barcodes have been given 5,000 Roverite.

Demand for the game seems to be pleasingly high! rover.gif

Needs to play the likes of Todd and Flitcroft for this one, players with points to prove.

Hopefully Dickov will get at Bramble and we'll scramble home with Shearer missing.

Fergie needs to get back to his imperious best for this one.

Well let's hope Flitcroft has been practising his shooting ; have we ever had anyone less reliable in this department ?

Dickov will start , but Gallagher has to be brought on VERY early if things start to get stale and predictable - which they surely will.

Fergie back to his "imperious" best eh ..? More of a Commodus than an Augustus I'm afraid.....

0-1 defeat . Merry Xmas Souness sad.gif

i theink the reason that we only have 4800 is that the toss bag of a chairman of ours has opened a bar at st james called Shearers and has started doing beambacks of away games, rovers beingthe first, so where would he rather see the £££ in his pocket or let the lads come down here, the way he sees it is people watching at ewood = no money for him

people watching at shearers bar paying howevermuch for a beer = ££ for FFS

he is in it for the cash and does not give one for the fans, if he did the the8000 allocation would be taken and filled with ease

After being a Pro Souness man for so long and defending him most of the time I felt very much deserted by the way he left. I wish him no success at all. He left us in the lurch, he screwed up, came to realise it and off he went. I also have a very strong feeling that he somewhat engineered his own move, I really do.

Pretty much my feelings too. I believe that Souey was doing very well, arguably the best job in the premiership in terms of progression when we finished 6th, and then his ego got the better of him. Then he jumped ship when it went wrong.

Now, I'm not so gutted at the way he left. As it was all parties left with their dignity intact and we got compensation rather than having to sack Souness, money that will be much needed by Hughes in January. As for booing Souness that will only bring discredit on us. Firstly the man did give us three fantastic years. Secondly despite his best attempts to ruin us he still left us in a far stronger position than when he arrived. Thirdly, the ways he's humiliating himself and proving that he's not up to managing a big club. Great though he was, he's past his sell by date. If anything I'm somewhat sympathetic to the shambles that he's creating at Newcastle.

One of my favourite games (and IMO last seasons most attractive home game of football). Rovers really could win this one. There's been a fantastic atmosphere when these two teams play: 1-0 VE day, 1-0 season after with Shearer's reception, 1-0 to get into Europe with late free kick loosing inthe FA cup, 1-1 first season in Prem (with that dirty g*t Robert flooring Neill).

Newcastle have done really well out of us as a feeder club. As well as Shearer there was also Batty, Gally and Given. The latter had the potential to be a great player for Rovers, the other two were. In return we got... Peacock. We're still owed a lot more points for that.

I reckon Hughes to fire up the boys for a 1-0 win, lady luck to be against Newcastle, Neill to get booked for hammering into Robert and Todd crashing home a pin point Emerton corner.

Think that the fighting spirit will get us through this one and the team picks itself except the front two, where no combination seems to work, and left back, where dispite having 5 players who can play this position none have successfully. I'd like to see Gally - Bothroyd up front as Gally should run rings round the clueless Newcastle defence.

My team: Brad, Neill, Todd, Nissa, Grey, Emo, Flitty, Ferguson, Reid, Gally and Bothroyd.

The Geordies are desperate for a win, fans unhappy and players even more so.

Rovers have been the fall guys so many times in the past when other sides have needed a victory that I have lost count. So much optimism among Rovers fans always worries me that a kick in the teeth is on its way.

A Newcastle win.

"Bah, humbug!"

Demand for the game seems to be pleasingly high! rover.gif

It looks as if the game will generate the best gate of the season, even the Jack Walker is selling out. (the empty seats there this season has been very noticable)

This game could therefore be very crucial for the Rovers, not just to pull away from the relegation zone, but also as a catalyst to draw back some lost supporters.

A good entertaining win, could do a lot to encourage returning supporters.

ps Im moving from the BBE, to the JW stand for this game, so all the family can sit together. Is there a specific dress code for the JW.

are YOU ALLOWED to wear football shirts, scarfs etc or do I need to get a tartan rug. sad.gif

Don`t sing, or stand up, or be positive in any way Alan and you`ll fit right in.

BTW, a very good chance of heavy snow in the north west this weekend, maybe the game will be postponed???

Imagine 5000 geordies roaming round town on boxing day with nowt to do??

Edited by ozziejones

We are a due a win and the way that Newcastle are playing at the moment and the improvement that we have shown over recent games, then I wouldn't bank against us. Newcastle look like they will be without Shearer, Bellamy, Dyer, Butt and the suspended Bowyer. On top of this their defence is even worse than ours. However we haven't been scoring goals lately, so their is no guarantee that we will take advantage of their shody defending. Plus, shoving one up Graeme Souness should definately be a motivating factor for the players. 2-1 Rovers.

Don`t sing, or stand up, or be positive in any way Alan and you`ll fit right in.

BTW, a very good chance of heavy snow in the north west this weekend, maybe the game will be postponed???

Imagine 5000 geordies roaming round town on boxing day with nowt to do??

pubs will be open!!! rolleyes.gif .

oh dear

do I need to get a tartan rug.

Oi, the cheek of it!

You need two flasks. One, a hip flask, containing something alcoholic and strong; the other containing hot chocolate (tea if you must).

The lady in front of us brings a seat warmer but an extra pair of er, underclothes will suffice I find. biggrin.gif

This match is so important, it is now that we HAVE to start converting draws to wins - because the league table are clearly starting to crack up...

Manchester City 18 22 - 18 23

Bolton 18 26 - 26 23

Portsmouth 18 23 - 25 23

Newcastle 18 29 - 35 21

Birmingham 18 18 - 19 20

Fulham 18 20 - 30 18

Blackburn 18 16 - 30 15

Norwich 18 17 - 32 15

Crystal Palace 18 19 - 29 14

Southampton 18 18 - 31 13

West Bromwich 18 15 - 36 10

If Brum and obviously Newcastle wins, we're locked in a group of five-six teams with a gap up to the next ones... we need to get up with that group, or else we can expect one hell of a relegation battle for the remainder of the season.

Newcastle 1

Rovers 2

Flitcroft 8'

Kluivert 49'

Stead 84'

One can hope.. rolleyes.gif

We HAVE to win this one - for lots of reasons, but mainly because it will make life worse for Souness and the next decent team he is quickly destroying! rover.gif (hope you don't get the impressions that I really hate him!!)

The history book looks good for us, Newcastle have never won at Ewood in the Premiership and have only taken 3 points from the 9 matches there.

Just hope the lads are as fired up for this one as I am!!

We HAVE to win this one - for lots of reasons, but mainly because it will make life worse for Souness and the next decent team he is quickly destroying! rover.gif (hope you don't get the impressions that I really hate him!!)

You forgot the team that Souness built to win promotion, the Worthy Cup and then 6th place. or was that Brian Kidds team?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.