BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Newcastle 2

Lucas Neil did not turn into a bad player. He looked very low of confidence at times at the start of this season. This carried on from indifferent displays last season. He is defending much better and I think he can contribute more going forward.

However over the past few games we have seen the real Lucas Neil in my view. He looks fitter (like everyone does) but he is making some crucial interceptions. Still maybe not 100% for everyones liking but got to give him credit.

Actually what am I saying- Souness bought him, actually he is cr*p, what a waste of money. Why did that man bother to get us promotion. Also Matteo is a crap left back but thats not his position. Hughes feels he is the only one he can play there- explains the Spector deal then, who will start as soon as he joins up.

Edited by John

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas Neil did not turn into a bad player. He looked very low of confidence at times at the start of this season. This carried on from indifferent displays last season. He is defending much better and I think he can contribute more going forward.

However over the past few games we have seen the real Lucas Neil in my view. He looks fitter (like everyone does) but he is making some crucial interceptions. Still maybe not 100% for everyones liking but got to give him credit.

Actually what am I saying- Souness bought him, actually he is cr*p, what a waste of money. Why did that man bother to get us promotion. Also Matteo is a crap left back but thats not his position. Hughes feels he is the only one he can play there- explains the Spector deal then, who will start as soon as he joins up.

Are you saying that Gresko, Gray and McEvelly will be shown the door by Hughes in Jan?

Gresko is injured.

Mark Bowen has never got on with Michael Gray- rumour has it, not sure what is behind that!

And young Jay's natural position is centre back.

Would think Jay has a future with the club- looks bleak for the rest.

Edited by John

Robert smashed the ball with whip and pace on target.

Maybe Brad should have been better placed, maybe he shouldn't. But few players in this league can hit a freekick like that. I don't think there are many keepers around who could have saved that.

Maybe a bloke on the line might help solve our woeful record at conceding goals from free kicks ; and maybe some work on the training ground might help us to score the odd free kick at the other end - we certainly had enough of them yesterday .

The organisation of the wall is definitely down to the keeper - Brad was awful yesterday and IMO was culpable for both the goals . The first goal he came out but then stopped for some unknown reason and instead of smothering the attacker , Shmeichal style , he gave him time to pick his spot.

With regard to the Stead debate , for the last half hour or so he had clearly drifted out of the game and should have been replaced by Gallagher at least 20 minutes sooner . The latter always boosts the morale of the crowd and might have given us the impetus to win the game . I believe he is our best striker as well as being an intelligent and very good "touch" player . Maybe Hughes expected a bit more injury time .... blink.gif

After a lengthy read..............

Scotty, I'm sure jim can put in a word for you wink.gif - good report again. Thought I'd find a fair bit of slagging off for Brad and glad not to be disappointed. At the time didn't think he could do much about the first and still don't, but thought he should have done a damned sight better with the free kick. But after watching the telly, it has to be said that was one terrific free kick that I doubt any goalie would have got to. For those who remember the game at St James Pk a couple of months ago, he took one from pretty much the same place and it whistled about a foot wide of the other post. Maybe Brad remembered. Fair point about a man on the post BP - there are some free kick takers where it's 99 percent sure it'll be a shot and Robert is one of those. Can see a man on the post doesn't work wonders with offside, but if it's pretty certain there's going to be a direct shot, why not? Have a word in Sparky's shell-like Phil.

And there's the great sub debate as usual - why wasn't Gally on about 10 or 15 mins earlier? I thought Stead did OK and when Dickov got a kick and the physio came on with about 15 mins to go, cue Gally. But it wasn't to be.

Overall, another decent performance, nobody diabolical. But how come other teams win when that happens?

There really is some crud written on these pages.

Rovers fully deserved the point and could easily have lost that if Bellamy had gotten a little mor eluck right at the death.

Rovers played very well, both defensively and in the middle, the only problems were with the goalkeeper YES the KEPPER and young Stead.

Friedel was clearly at fault for goal number 2 and I have to question his postioning on goal number 1.

All in all a good point following the other positive results in our favour.

rolleyes.gif

match summary to follow when guests have gone homne to the NEAST tinykit.gif

No, don't tell me this. It's not possible. biggrin.gif

have they gone yet!!, yeah we did not deserve to win but thats football!!!

we battered cheskie for 60 mins andgot beat 4-0, as someone once said, 'ita a funny awld game'

tongue.gif

have they gone yet!!, yeah we did not deserve to win but thats football!!!

we battered cheskie for 60 mins andgot beat 4-0, as someone once said, 'ita a funny awld game'

tongue.gif

Forgive me for being stupid but... Huh?

I notice several complaints about Brads keeping, not that I have been saying similar things for a while, but I will keep my mouth shut before I am again accused of knowing nowt.

But after watching the telly, it has to be said that was one terrific free kick that I doubt any goalie would have got to.

EVERY Prem quality keeper should stop a 35 yard shot from a free kick! My only question is why bother with a wall from that distance? All the wall did was block Friedals view of the ball for the first few crucial split seconds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.