SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But where's the gain, selling Ferguson to buy Savage? (in terms of the wage bill or the quality of player).

Hang on a bit MCM1875. Surely the gain is to sell Ferguson in order to procure the services of Savage, Gabbidon and Hartson.

Edited by thenodrog

But where's the gain, selling Ferguson to buy Savage? (in terms of the wage bill or the quality of player).

Hang on a bit MCM1875. Surely the gain is to sell Ferguson in order to procure the services of Savage, Gabbidon and Hartson.

I would argue tha we would not really be a better side with Savage, Hartson and Gabbidon.

We definately would be a better side with Ferguson, Savage and a new striking alternative.

I do not feel that Hartson or Gabbidon would guarantee scoring more goals and conceding less. Plus Savage and Hartson will be worth nothing in a season and a halfs time. Ferguson should still be at the very least worth that three million (providing no injuries etc)

Why stop at selling our best midfielder. Why not sell our best defender and striker as well? We would probably make quite a few bob on all of them.

While were at it, sell Brad while he's worth something.

I really don't understand folk saying we should sell our best players. Can't think of any other clubs fans who would want to do that.

"The speculation's always going to be there. Birmingham have turned down Blackburn's bid but one thing I will say is that I can't understand how I'm now valued at £3.5million."

"It's hard living away from your family in those circumstances, especially when you've got a young child. That would be the same if I was playing for Real Madrid or Birmingham, I would like to be in the north west if possible"

Fed up with all this rubbish.

Savage should stop whining about his family and get on with his job. If he wants to move to Rovers then slap in a transfer request and stop dragging the sob stories into it.

Wrexham to Brum is hardly any different from Wrexham to Brockhall in any case - in fact given the M6 logjam area it must be quicker to Brum.

We're not some sort of charity for bored Welsh outcasts.

Slap in the transfer request and declare you want to play for the Rovers or **** right off.

Tris I think you are being harsh on Savage.

Undoubtedly Rovers will have spoken to his agent and sounded him out over a move. I can't believe we would've faxed a formal bid to Birmingham without determining this first.

Behind the scenes, it appears Savage wants the move. However, he is not sure Birmingham will let him go, nor is he sure Blackburn will stump up the cash. It is very much a waiting game for him.

Now put yourself in his position - if he were to put in a transfer request, he would alienate all the Birmingham support and probably a lot of the staff, players and coaches alike. He would however be no closer to a move than he is now, and would have no guarantee of being able to leave the club. If February comes round and Birmingham haven't agreed terms with any interested parties, Savage will be stuck at St. Andrews until the end of the season atleast, possibly frozen out and becoming a less desireable signing by the day.

It would be professional suicide to slap in a transfer request unless he has received assurances from his prospective new club that a deal will be done. The ball is in Rovers court - we're the ones that have to put up, or shut up.

Savage's reason wanting to leave is to be nearer his family- surely there is not that much in distance?? Wonder how Brum will react to that.

Anyway he obviously wants to come and join his mates at Blackburn and I think we will try with another imrpoved bid. Would not surprise me to see Everton come into the equation as they have gone for him before but did not have the money.

I know we are all desperate for a striker but I cant see there being one available at a decent price in January so we may be better off waiting until the summer when more options are available.

Tris I think you are being harsh on Savage.

Undoubtedly Rovers will have spoken to his agent and sounded him out over a move. I can't believe we would've faxed a formal bid to Birmingham without determining this first.

Behind the scenes, it appears Savage wants the move. However, he is not sure Birmingham will let him go, nor is he sure Blackburn will stump up the cash. It is very much a waiting game for him.

Now put yourself in his position - if he were to put in a transfer request, he would alienate all the Birmingham support and probably a lot of the staff, players and coaches alike. He would however be no closer to a move than he is now, and would have no guarantee of being able to leave the club. If February comes round and Birmingham haven't agreed terms with any interested parties, Savage will be stuck at St. Andrews until the end of the season atleast, possibly frozen out and becoming a less desireable signing by the day.

It would be professional suicide to slap in a transfer request unless he has received assurances from his prospective new club that a deal will be done. The ball is in Rovers court - we're the ones that have to put up, or shut up.

Tough titties.

If he wants a move because he cares so deeply about his family, then he says so. Via a transfer request.

If he wants to join Hughes and Bowen, then he says so. Via a transfer request. These agents are clever. He could word the transfer request so it sounds like he cares about his family. ohmy.gif

If the family bulls!t is to secure his signing on fee then that's just poor arrows.

If he doesn't care either way, he (or his agent) doesn't need to leak stories to the press every two days since mid-December, or volunteer for TV interviews at every possible opportunity.

Again, very lopsided anti-Savage view.

Rovers can sort this deal by paying Savage's market value. We would probably even get him for little more than we originally bid, if only through structuring the payments slightly better.

Savage has done his bit. His quotes are as good as a come and get me plea, all Rovers have to do is follow it up.

Rovers can sort this deal by paying Savage's market value. We would probably even get him for little more than we originally bid, if only through structuring the payments slightly better.

Savage has done his bit. His quotes are as good as a come and get me plea, all Rovers have to do is follow it up.

his market value is three sheep and a haircut

if he wants to play for Rovers, let him ask for a transfer

his market value is three sheep and a haircut

if he wants to play for Rovers, let him ask for a transfer

laugh.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

Tough titties.

If he wants a move because he cares so deeply about his family, then he says so. Via a transfer request.

If he wants to join Hughes and Bowen, then he says so. Via a transfer request. These agents are clever. He could word the transfer request so it sounds like he cares about his family. ohmy.gif

If the family bulls!t is to secure his signing on fee then that's just poor arrows.

If he doesn't care either way, he (or his agent) doesn't need to leak stories to the press every two days since mid-December, or volunteer for TV interviews at every possible opportunity.

I joked on another thread a while ago that I thought Thenodrog had taken over your username - I'm starting to believe it now. What on earth has Savage done to deserve such a sour and harsh reaction?

Sounds to me like he's doing his best to join us without having the whole Brum crowd on his back if the move falls through for some reason. Now if you don't want him to join us, fine, but if you do then he seems to be doing his part.

Let's hope we've got the dosh to do our bit.

I joked on another thread a while ago that I thought Thenodrog had taken over your username - I'm starting to believe it now. What on earth has Savage done to deserve such a sour and harsh reaction?

Sounds to me like he's doing his best to join us without having the whole Brum crowd on his back if the move falls through for some reason. Now if you don't want him to join us, fine, but if you do then he seems to be doing his part.

Let's hope we've got the dosh to do our bit.

I don't actually care if he ends up at Ewood or not. He has some good qualities, but we have plenty of central midfielders.

My point is, if he wants a move, then he should say so. He signed the 4 year contract 4 months ago - it's his problem.

If he feels bad about being away from his near and dear, then just say "I shouldn't have signed that deal in the summer, I want home to Wrexham"

No probs from anyone.

There is no need for the pathetic saga which he is playing out in the press.

But we've already offered more than his market value. £2m for an ageing midfielder, who has probably got no more than two seasons in him, plus having to match the four year deal he just signed at Birmingham? Rovers have to be realistic, we made an offer that was turned down, if we go back with more we are just throwing money down the drain.

I agree Robbie Savage could help us out right now but £2m plus a four year deal is ridiculous. If Hughes is taking us in the right direction we will need better players than Savage in two years time - basically we can't afford to offfer any more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.