SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His pockets are overflowing with money so it hardly matters that he's daft.

351292[/snapback]

Yes it does. Easy money is not everything as the examples set by Best / Gazza / Maradona / Stan Bowles / Rio F / Merson / Adams / Greaves etc etc must surely verify.

Yes it does.  Easy money is not everything as the examples set by Best / Gazza / Maradona  / Stan Bowles / Rio F / Merson / Adams / Greaves etc etc must surely verify.

351396[/snapback]

Are you insinuating that Savage has a dehabilitating suit habit?

CMON!!! He's a bloody good tackler! past his prime maybe, but if you can play like he does at that age then why not? i thought he would be cheaper but it turned out he was alot more expensive, oh well, money well spent cool.gif

Yes it does.  Easy money is not everything as the examples set by Best / Gazza / Maradona  / Stan Bowles / Rio F / Merson / Adams / Greaves etc etc must surely verify.

351396[/snapback]

Actually, if we take the word "daft" to mean "having a debilitating suit habit" then I am correct in saying that since Savage is overflowing with money then it hardly matters whether he has such a habit or not. And it wouldn't be debilitating.

To take the word "daft" to mean serious and debilitating alcohol-induced/drug-induced/etc. problems then I am wrong in saying that it hardly matters since those players/ex-players are overflowing with money.

However, I never did say the latter statement. I did say the first one, though.

Edited by James No. 7

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he had a pretty good game myself, loads of energy, put the blocks on a lot of Liverpool moves. I just wish he could stop gobbing off every time he gots a foul given against him. He debates every single decision, even obvius fouls. Thats what winds opposition up. 7/10 for Sat, would be more, but like Waggy says, gave away one too many free kicks.....

rover.gif yes the missed timed tackle that give cisse his revenge tinykit.gif

353764[/snapback]

That would not have even been an issue had Freidal not offered about 6 yards of his goal mouth on a plate, with a bullseye on it and a flashing neon sign that read SHOOT HERE.

Have you had much to say about Zura's tackle, np doubt had that been Savage you'd be saying Savage cost us the game. Likely also that had Savage not put in the challenge and the fella had curled a shot into the top corner you'd be on he bemoaning Savage's reluctance to throw himself into the challenge, I bet you would.

Amazing how folks can see what they want and be blind to other things, all in the name of justifying their own opinions. We all do it. Some people can hold there hands up and admit perhaps they had not judged correctly.

That would not have even been an issue had Freidal not offered about 6 yards of his goal mouth on a plate, with a bullseye on it and a flashing neon sign that read SHOOT HERE.

353863[/snapback]

Have you not seen Lampards free kick against Bolton? Exaggerating slightly but Jaskaleinen was nearer the corner flag than the shot.

rover.gif usa philip asked a question,to which i gave a answer.i really love these die hard rovers fans who give nothing to the cause,whilst me as a season ticket holder has to watch lily week in,week out do his headless chicken routine tinykit.gif

rover.gif usa philip asked a question,to which i gave a answer.i really love these die hard rovers fans who give nothing to the cause,whilst me as a season ticket holder has to watch lily week in,week out do his headless chicken routine tinykit.gif

354010[/snapback]

Well I watch Rovers week in week out and I think Savage has been very good lately protecting a midfield who barely have a tackle between them. Where do I fit in?

354010[/snapback]

Put the kids in

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

"GIOVANNI Trapattoni insists that FC Red Bull Salzburg are still in with a great chance of landing a place in the group stages of the UEFA Cup.

But the highly-successful Italian coach, who praised Mark Hughes and picked out Robbie Savage as a player he strongly admires, accepts that his team face a "very difficult" task at Ewood Park tonight."

Worth bringing this topic back up, after the remarks of no less than Giovanni Trapattoni.

Rovers official site

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.