SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£2.7 mill for Savage is a criminal waste of money. We always pay too much for players and sell too cheap. (Possible exception of Dunn) Even Duff has proven himself a bargain at £17 mill.

Midfield is not our main weakness. What we really need is a fast, skillful striker to feed off Ferguson etc.

• Backroom

Well, he can't come out openly and say he wants a move can he.. he's still under contract to Brum and hasn't put in a request for a transfer.

I think he's doing a great job of not souring his relationship with the Brum fans

(I still think we'll have him by the end of next week though rolleyes.gif )

Still not convinced he's the man for us. He just seems so overpriced. Big wage, big transfer sum, average player.

But, wherever he has played he has always given 100% to that club.

With Hughes it seems he wants battlers in his team. Savage is a battler and would be great for Ferguson in the centre of midfield.

Savage is like Flitty, gets stuck in and puts himself about. But with Savage, he can pick a pass out, run around all game with pace and score.

Savage pleads for Rovers move

Still not convinced he's the man for us. He just seems so overpriced. Big wage, big transfer sum, average player.

But with Savage, he can pick a pass out, run around all game with pace and score.

Savages' profile

He's never been known for his goalscoring. 24 goals in ten seasons. Bet Flitty's done that.

In that SSN interview Savage also said that if Rovers come up with the money he'll be joining us. Clear as a bell that he wants away, for whatever reason.

He's a fantastic player and is exactly what we need beside Fergy in the middle. 2.7million is an absolute bargain for him, so much so that I can't believe thats all Brum are asking for. He's a battler who works harder than anyone on the pitch who has the added bonus of ability with the ball. He's even managed to make Emile Heskey look half decent in the past few games. His vision and passing both seem to have improved dramatically over the past couple of years indicating again just how hard he works to improve his game.

I'd place this signing on a par with Dickov's, albeit not such a ludicrously good bargain as the fiery Scot was. People criticised that signing, said he was a player who did nothing but ran around and kicked the opposition, thankfully he's proved them wrong, and Savage will do the same if he comes.

The only unfortunate thing for us at the moment is the dramatic fall of James Beattie's star probably meaning we won't get as much of a sell-on bonus as we would of a year ago.

In that SSN interview Savage also said that if Rovers come up with the money he'll be joining us. Clear as a bell that he wants away, for whatever reason.

He's a fantastic player and is exactly what we need beside Fergy in the middle. 2.7million is an absolute bargain for him, so much so that I can't believe thats all Brum are asking for. He's a battler who works harder than anyone on the pitch who has the added bonus of ability with the ball. He's even managed to make Emile Heskey look half decent in the past few games. His vision and passing both seem to have improved dramatically over the past couple of years indicating again just how hard he works to improve his game.

I'd place this signing on a par with Dickov's, albeit not such a ludicrously good bargain as the fiery Scot was. People criticised that signing, said he was a player who did nothing but ran around and kicked the opposition, thankfully he's proved them wrong, and Savage will do the same if he comes.

The only unfortunate thing for us at the moment is the dramatic fall of James Beattie's star probably meaning we won't get as much of a sell-on bonus as we would of a year ago.

Very well put, I couldn't agree any more if I'd written that myself.

Fingers crossed it happens.

2.7 million JHC!!!!.......here come the Blackburn mugs again waiving their coin! sad.gif

Bleeding Nora, all you ever do is whinge and moan and criticise.

How much would you bid then, Bob Shankley?

You're turning into Jim's apprentice.

Aren't you just complaining about his complaining? tongue.gif

(Not complaining, just wondering!!)

As i said i think savage is underrated. His goal on saturday was quality and i have lost count of the number of quality assists and crosses he has provided for heskey and morrison. May be slightly expensive seeing as hes 30 but the quality of player cant be argued with. Ferguson and Savage center Mid is excellent and the right mix i think. With Mokoena and Nelsen coming in hopefully defense is tightened up. I also think if stead can get a goal he will discover his for and a striker is not needed. Dikov has scored 7 this season. Defoe and Johnson have only scored 3 league goals more. We should be positive at the moment. Your always going to get some whingers no matter who is signed but thats life. Also its pleasing to see that Mark Hughes name is attacting players as can be seen with the savage deal. I dont think we should think of this as a done deal however, as its possible hes going nowhere.

2.7 million JHC!!!!.......here come the Blackburn mugs again waiving their coin! sad.gif

Bleeding Nora, all you ever do is whinge and moan and criticise.

How much would you bid then, Bob Shankley?

You're turning into Jim's apprentice.

To be fair there's no mention of attendances or ticket sales in his post though, that's a minor miracle in itself thumbs-up.gif

Usually I dont mind transfer stories when they concern us. However this Savage saga is getting rather annoying and boring now. I would like him to come, he wants to come and our manager wants him to come.

Looks like we will make another bid that will be rejected- hopefully thats the end of the issue one way or another eventhough if he does come it will be worth it.

Edited by John

Aren't you just complaining about his complaining?  tongue.gif

Well I've got a bit of complaining to do in this post, American....

It's ludicrous for Savage to try to justify moving to Rovers on the grounds of being "closer to his family", when the distance time is hardly any different.

I might be in a minority on this - (I know that a number of fans, including two of my favourite board members, Blue Phil and Revidge, both rate Savage highly) - but personally I don't want to see him ever playing for my club.

I don't like Robbie because he's a cheat.

(I can't help remembering that time when he dived for a penalty in the box and then celebrated in a provocative way in front of the fans when the penalty was given.)

Plus of course, there was the time when he made a nauseating dive in the 1999 Worthington Cup final - which got Tottenham's Justin Edinburgh sent off.

As well as being a cheat, he's a prima donna. A cocky arrogant wind-up merchant with a big ego.

He's always ready to pose for pictures in magazines and give interviews to the press. Anything for an extra pay day - which I suspect might be on his mind at the moment as he weighs up a move to Ewood.

He and his agent have probably been calculating that he'll do very nicely out of a Rovers signing-on-fee and a bumper new contract.

Savage talks about "family problems", but so far he hasn't actually had the balls to put in a formal transfer request. Instead we hear various little titbits that he's been feeding to the press about his personal life.

I want to avoid relegation, but I want to do that by playing football - not by having a dirty obnoxious brat like Savage in our side.

With the Afgan hound playing for us at Ewood, we're almost guaranteed that he'll miss games through suspension. He was booked fifteen times last season.

"The whole build-up is going to be a nightmare," complained Savage, when he spoke about the England/Wales match at Old Trafford which he wasn't involved in.

It was entirely down to his own stupidity that he missed the game by getting himself sent off against Northern Ireland.

As a former Leicester team mate remarked: "If brains were chocolate he wouldn't have enough to fill a Smartie."

His arrogance was apparent even when he was a lower division player at Crewe, prior to joining Leicester. Called up for a Welsh game against Italy, he waited until the cameras were filming and then thought it would look good if he tossed Paolo Maldini's shirt into the bin.

Here was a cocky little git at Crewe dismissing one of the world's best and most experienced defenders.

Now it seems that Mr Savage, on a weekly wage in excess of £20,000 a week at St Andrews, is upset that his 57-year-old father has been forced to retire from work.

Up and down the country, millions of people are facing these type of family problems in their everyday lives - redundancy, unemployment, ill health etc.

It's not nice, it's not pleasant, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but it's an unfortunate fact of life for millions in our society.

I'd imagine that the blow of redundancy might be eased a bit though by having an affluent member of the family who is earning over 80 grand a month.

But this is possibly beside the point - Savage shouldn't be using his family problems as a smokescreen for his desire to change clubs.

And how do we know that he will stick with us at Rovers?

After a year or two with us, what's stopping him coming out with a similar "family problems" excuse to move clubs to Everton, for instance, on the grounds that Merseyside is nearer to Wrexham?

Steve Bruce says: "There are always distractions with Robbie. That is the nature of the beast."

Mark Hughes might be looking to try and tame the beast - but as far as I'm concerned Robbie, you're a cheat and I don't want you at my club.

You can go back to your collection of Ferraris and Lamborghinis in Birmingham.

I don't want to see a cocky git like you buying another flash car which you've bought with your signing-on-fee at Rovers, giving us lame excuses about "family problems".

user posted image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.