BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa 1 - 0 Rovers

Flopsy

Friedel, Neil, Johansson, Todd, Matteo, Reid, Flitcroft, Fergusson, Emerton, Dickov, Stead.

MGP returns to the bench other subs, I presume, as Newcastle.

Come on you Blues

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before and I say it again....Dickov is overrated and Stead and Gally are to unmature for premiership.

Dickov may have scored against Bolton but thats against a lowly side. He miss to much chances in the games. Cole would have put them away. Look he scored 2 goals for Fulham today.

Sorry but we must get into the market this week and buy new strikers. We'll get £1m from the Beattie sale.

Savage is not a necessary to buy, he was poor today against Newcastle. We got Mokoena as a great midfelder besides Ferguson and give Morten Pedersen a chance... He can't be so bad as Reid was today??

Come on Hughes, do some wise things.

I said it before and I say it again....Dickov is overrated and Stead and Gally are to unmature for premiership.

Dickov may have scored against Bolton but thats against a lowly side. He miss to much chances in the games. Cole would have put them away. Look he scored 2 goals for Fulham today.

Sorry but we must get into the market this week and buy new strikers. We'll get £1m from the Beattie sale.

Savage is not a necessary to buy, he was poor today against Newcastle. We got Mokoena as a great midfelder besides Ferguson and give Morten Pedersen a chance... He can't be so bad as Reid was today??

Come on Hughes, do some wise things.

Cole has missed a lot for Fulham this year (and for us last). Dickov has one less than him at this point. The problem isn't Dickov, it's the lack of a good consistent partner for him.

Ah and we are back to the webiste of knee jerk reactions. The hero of last week is now crap, and the signing that would have made us title challengers is suddenly a waste of money. We lost, it's a shame, probably didn't play as well as we could have, but it happens.

Well bottom line,its one point lost. The only bright spot is that our good results in recent weeks mean that this defeat isnt as bitter as it couldve been. ON TO CHARLTON, we must get 3 points at home. I can see another draw though.

Another positive is that none of the teams below us won other than Fulham.Norwich was the only other team not to lose.

We need a striker in.Ashton scored again today. Worth a million?

Can't comment on how we played, but it's annoying to lose at the death, and from a set piece; the sort of bad habits that Hughes has been trying to rectify. Especially as Solano is about 3 ft short.

p.s. Own up. Who let the barcode in?

Its not too encouraging to hear we were crap performance wise when we all had thought we had turned the corner regarding consistency.

Lets hope Monday against Charlton we get the required result, cause then more likely than not we will be about 6-7 points away from the relegation zone.

We're lacking a bit of creativity, as Hughes has said, so when will MGP get a chance to introduce a bit of creativity to the team? He's made his name as a goalscoring winger so why, oh why, won't Hughes put him to the test.

Hughes likes to keep a consistent team - but maybe over this hectic period changes were necessary to freshen things up and give tired legs a rest - easy to be wise after the event, I suppose.

sad.gif

I will be veryyy disappointed if we start against Charlton with the same team that started today.

As someone said players are looking tired plus freshening things up for our 3rd game in one week is not a bad idea,considering we got Cardiff on saturday as well.

6)at least the teams below us didnt win

Fulham were below us and they won.

One positive to be taken from today is that it was the first away goal we have conceded since 13th November (v Man City).

Edited by Kiwiwannabe

just got back from the game

my thoughts

1) We were crap

2) Villa were only maginally better

3) We looked knackered

4) Dickov not at fault

5)oh dear

6)at least the teams below us didnt win

Point 3 concerns me, with another game in less than 48 hours time, and no real squad rotation to speak of available.

We couldnt really expect to beat villa, they are aiming for europe.

If they want to go to Europe they had better phone up MyTravel!

I know the wind spoiled the game but they were poor and we were worse.

Matteo is no left back and it clearly showed, central midfield had huge inexcusable gaps in it and if Bothroyd is out for any length of time then we need a striker asap. Relying on Stead / Gally will see us down.

I trust the Ref see sense and not send Dickov's yellow card in.

Oh and if I was Mark Hughes I would do a Cloughie and simply not allow Emerton onto the coach for the journey home! His rank dereliction of duty at that corner was inexcusable and has cost his teammates big time. Dont care how he'd get home but it wouldn't be with the rest! mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.