SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Charlton 0

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People being far too negative on here. dry.gif

We were a great team a few days back, now we are so bad that we are gunna get a hammering from Charlton according to some. If we had held on for 2mins to get a point against the villa, Im sure peoples thoughts on our team would have been different.

Anyway, i got a feeling Emerton will have a great match after admitting it was his fault we lost to villa. I would play Thompson and give Reid a rest and play Gally up with Dickov

Rovers 2-1 Charlton

Emerton (30) Euell (66)

Dickov (71)

ATT: 21,265

''Tired my posterior. They aren't paid to be tired.''  rolleyes.gif

Roversmum, blame the plebs at the FA who sanction 4 games to be played in just over a week.... one joke of a schedule.

The most highly trained athletes on the planet would start to feel the effects.....LET ALONE FOOTBALLERS!!!! laugh.gif

The same applies to both teams in a game does it not? And please forgive me if I've counted wrong (Christmas and all that...) but wasn't the game against Villa the THIRD game? At least the excuses could wait until after the FOURTH. (have to agree there, though, the schedul is ridiculous).

They should try my Christmas/New Year Schedule..........dry.gif

Don't mind me anyway. I find any game in which Matteo and Flitcroft play deeply depressing. sad.gif

Edited by roversmum

Got two new lucky shirts for Christmas. The T-shirt worked against Newcastle but failed for Villa so I may have to wear the Lonsdale polo for the first time. Looking out the window we need an entertaining and exciting home win smile.gif .......I've a horrible feeling we will be watching a very cold and boring draw. sad.gif

Paul

I fink (Pearly King talk!) that you may be right.

I'm taking a Rovers fan from Lostock Hall today as a guest...I hope that brings us good luck...he had better shout loud.

I went to Charlton away earlier this seson and we were unlucky to loose 0v1.

my prediction 1v0 with a late Lucas Neil scrambled goal. tinykit.gif

After the disappointing performance against Villa this is a must win game for Rovers. We dont have the best of records against Charlton in recent times but I hope the win will swing into Rovers hands this time.

It's not going to be a pretty affair by any means, I'm expecting it to be pretty much the same kind of game as against Villa (I cant wait!) but we just nick it 1-0. Emerton to score.

Guest Kamy100

For once I am quite positive prior a game. I think that Rovers will win 2-0 and I have a funny feeling that Mr Stead will come good again today.

The atmosphere will be volatile and raucous from the off, bordering on 'electric' towards the end.

Or it could be deathly quiet , punctuated by infrequent and isolated outbursts of "geddintoem" , which will naturally peter out as the ground empties long before the final whistle sad.gif

The two biggest newspapers in norway (Dagbladet and VG) are both reporting that MGP is not happy with his current situation. "I didn't come here to be a substitute, and I belive there are several clubs interested in a loan deal." says Morten when asked about he wants to leave the club.

However, he also says his main goal for 2005 is to play for blackburn. "I've been on the bench in the last matches and Hughes rejected the loan move to marseille, its a sign they belive in me"

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2005/01/03/419127.html

Will this affect Hughes selection for today?

No, daheri, an interview will not affect that, but the tiredness of some of the players might.

1-0 Rovers, Jemal Johnson with a late winner after coming on as a sub and being heralded as the next savior. He then goes on a run of several months without a goal, because he isn't playing much, and people start to say he's the worst striker we've ever had.

Interesting to see Marseille were interested in him. He'll get his chance, just as many of you are saying why Reid and not MGP, well if he starts making a fuss then he should take a look at Reid, who waited patiently for a year before getting a regular chance to prove the doubters wrong.

According to ESPN Soccer Net, the selected Rovers team is:

1 Brad Friedel

14 Nils-Eric Johansson

22 Dominic Matteo

2 Lucas Neill

24 Andy Todd

7 Brett Emerton

16 Barry Ferguson

5 Garry Flitcroft

20 David Thompson

10 Paul Dickov

9 Jonathan Stead

Substitutes

13 Peter Enckelman

25 James McEveley

12 Morten Gamst Pedersen

18 Steven Reid

19 Paul Gallagher

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.