BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Allowed The F.A. Cup To Die

den

nice to hear from you Bluebirds - does this mean that Cardiff City fans will welcome us with open arms and not beat seven shades of pooh out of us if they get a chance.

And will my inflatable sheep be safe? wink.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one wants to know that competition now.

I do smile.gif and I shall be very annoyed if Rovers do not take this tie seriously. I expect Hughes to go there with a full team and look to beat Cardiff first time. I would accept we might see MGP in for a debut and perhaps Gally and Stead up front to give Dickov a rest, otherwise it should be the same as yesterday.

I was shocked by the attitude of Radio Rovers yesterday when it was suggested we might rest several players as the PL is more important. Well for me the FA Cup is just as important. We've had bugger all to shout about for two years so an effort at achieving a cup run is EXPECTED not just a turn up and see what happens.

Great post den - I remember it all smile.gif

Agree entirely. I want Hughes to play a team mostly full of first teamers. A good cup run could bring some life into what's a dour season. It's a time for us to dream of glory, cup football produces knockouts and we start on the same footing as Chelsea and Yeading.

I don't normally go in for team suggestions but I'd play something like:

Friedel,

Neill, Mokoena, Todd, McEvely

Reid, Thompson, Ferguson, MGP,

Gallagher, Dickov.

Unfortunatly I fear we'll see a much weaker team and in the hostile atmosphere at Ninian Park we could be on the end of an upset.

Btw Glenn, don't Portsmouth still have terracing at the away end?

Back to the theme though, they should replace the fourth place Champions League qualifier in the Premiership with the winner (depending obviously on Winners placing in league) or finalist of the FA cup.

Oh yeh, Rovers to win 4 zip

As I Cardiff season ticket holder since 83 (suffering you don't know the meaning Blackburn fans)you really shouldn't worry about traveling down and of course you can wear your colours but just stay away from pubs such as the Borough Arms and the Prince of Wales in the city centre. Both contain a number of dull muppets who most normal city fans take the trouble to stay away from. Besides that you will be suprised how trouble free everthing will be. Yep your going to be housed close to the City fans on the grange end but 90% of them are 14-18 yr olds whom spend all their Giro's on Burrberry rips offs. They can be offensive but there not the brightest bunch and most of us tend to laugh at their dim witted reposte's to away supporters barackings.

Anyway good place for you to get a drink before the match is the lansdowne pub. Its a cardiff supporters pub full of genuine people who will give you a great welcome with a bit of banter, we've had supporters from Sunderland and many other clubs here this season no trouble whatsoever. Its about a 10 minute walk from the ground.

As for the game, the standard in the Champ is awful, really awful. We in the main have be awful this season and its only over the Xmas period, when we have managed to get a stronger midfield on the pitch that we have looked slightly better than relegation fodder. For Cardiff to win would require a really poor display from you and I mean a really poor performance. With MH in charge at Cardiff it isn't going to happen. 0-2 to Blackburn my predeiction, which is fine by me as we are having a hard enough time staying in this division.

Anyway enjoy the trip.

PS Peter Thorne is a class act in this division.

Edited by Pugger

Friedel

McEveley, Mokoena, Todd, Neill

MGP, Flitty, Reid, Thommo

Stead, Gally

Pretty decent lineup, but I'd put McEveley and MGP on the left and Neill/Thommo on the right tongue.gif It's not Souness picking the team anymore.

When Parry first came he was a breath of fresh air. A fast winger whom would take on opponents without fear fear of losing the ball. His first 4-5 matches he was great. However I'm pretty sure the club told him to put on a bit of muscle and he's certainly bigger than he was but at the same time seems to have lost both a bit of his pace and the desire to take players on. To be fair this has happened to quite a few players at Cardiff, they seem to have there abilities coached out of them. Since then he's been playing up front for Cardiff when Thorny was out and did a good job, scoring some great goals. Once Thorney was back he's been on the bench and in out of the team due to injuries. On Saturday was only on the pitch 4 minutes as a sub when he was hacked down from behind (a terrible challenge which would have been a red card in the prem) he went straight to Hospital where they feared a double fracture, I think however its ligament damage, out for 6- 8 weeks. Overall when fit Parry has the ability to be one of the best wide players in this Division and I know he was a big loss to Hereford, but he has made the jump to the champ with relative ease.

Really looking forward to this game for Saturday.

Some ways I'd like to put out a full strength team out but being sensible suggests to rest a few key players.

Friedel

Neill Amo Moko (sp) Matteo

Thompson Flitty Douglas MGP

Stead Gally

Still a fairly strong enough team to play Cardiff. Could be a confidence game for Stead, MGP and others.

Bring Dickov on with twenty minutes to go if need be, but he deserves a rest.

As for the game, the standard in the Champ is awful, really awful. We in the main have be awful this season and its only over the Xmas period, when we have managed to get a stronger midfield on the pitch that we have looked slightly better than relegation fodder. For Cardiff to win would require a really poor display from you and I mean a really poor performance. With MH in charge at Cardiff it isn't going to happen. 0-2 to Blackburn my predeiction, which is fine by me as we are having a hard enough time staying in this division.

PS Peter Thorne is a class act in this division.

Hard enough time staying in the champ? We're certain to stay up.... uhhh, assuming we don't go in administration this month. blink.gif

We were joined as visitors to West Brom. by Cardiff fans a few seasons ago when the match they had been travelling to was postponed. They seemed to cheer louder and longer than us when Rovers scored, thanks to the scorer being Cardiff old boy Nathan Blake.

We were joined as visitors to West Brom. by Cardiff fans a few seasons ago when the match they had been travelling to was postponed. They seemed to cheer louder and longer than us when Rovers scored, thanks to the scorer being Cardiff old boy Nathan Blake.

Remember it well - they were on their way to Bolton.

They also caused an "incident" on the away end concourse before the game, when their Nathan Blake chants and attempts to learn Rovers songs switched to the "lets antagonise the English" chants.

The police moved in and weeded them out and they got their own section in the corner of the stand.

It's the only game I've ever been to where there were three different sets of fans watching two teams - most bizarre.

(Except Fulham a few weeks back - "Neutrals Neutrals give us a song")

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.