BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Allowed The F.A. Cup To Die

den

Hmmmm. Shows we really need Tugay or Ferguson in the middle to spray the ball around. We seemed to lack ideas and our defence did not seem as sound as it has been. Interesting to see we have a real neck and neck race for the wide positions. Four players who are all more than capable of starting from recent evidence. John Stead sounded poor which was a real shame after looking like he was making real strides. Matteo, if our mate Niel is anything to go by, was woeful and suspended for Portsmouth. Niell suspended too. Major reshuffle on the cards. I really hope Ferguson is not serious.

We are still stacking up the players- two new debuts today on top of our already high amount of player usage. I am not saying it is a bad thing but after the transfer window we could honestly make an all time rovers (even national?) record for players used in a season.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent result. I was listening to rovers on Radio Wales on digital tv- quite possibly the worst commentators ever! They didn't have a clue about our players nor Cardiffs. They kept talking about how poor rovers were one min, then 30secs later they started saying what a quality side we were. They also said that Friedel was a poor keeper and is getting to old. Also, is Dickov injured because they said he looked it when he came off. Also, after every players name who had the ball at the time, they would say his nationality-###### me right off.

It's a better result than a lot may think. Cardiff have improved recently and aren't quite the mugs they were at the beginning of the season.

Also it means that when we knock them out, we won't be in danger from their lunatic fans- or at least not as many of them!!!

Any ideas when the replay will be?

a week on tuesday

A week Wednesday according to the official site.

Because the dingles play Liverpool on the Tuesday.

If they can manage to sponge up all the water from the supposed "pitch".

John Stead sounded poor which was a real shame after looking like he was making real strides.

Have to disagree. He had 1 close call where only a great last tocuh by wanrer stopped him scoring. He had no chances as there was little movement and passing from the lads. He has to have the ball played to him to have a chance of doing well, something he had alot of vs charlton.

No, we played fairly well today. I meant you were poor considering the amount of talent on display.

Considering the injuries we have, we didn't have alot of talent on display.

Tugay and Bazza (passing midfeilders) both out, Emerton ill.

Dodgy defending left us with 3 of 4 defenders on yellows for 45mins which wasn't good. Less said about the ref the better.

Looking forward to ewood?

Less said about the ref the better.

I thought the English ref was good for once, but what do I know, eh?

Am I looking forward to Ewood? Not really... mellow.gif No offence to you lot, but this tie doesn't exactly have 'glamour' written all over it from our side of the Severn either. We've got bigger matches to prepare for, like shooting up the Championship and the mighty Bangor City away in the FAW Premier Cup!

A quiz question though: you last won this cup in 1928, which side won it the year before you? biggrin.gif

Edited by bluebirds boyo

Less said about the ref the better.

I thought the English ref was good for once, but what do I know, eh?

Am I looking forward to Ewood? Not really... mellow.gif No offence to you lot, but this tie doesn't exactly have 'glamour' written all over it from our side of the Severn either. We've got bigger matches to prepare for, like shooting up the Championship and the mighty Bangor City away in the FAW Premier Cup!

A quiz question though: you last won this cup in 1928, which side won it the year before you? biggrin.gif

And you think we're looking forward to it!

expect a 7,000 gate, at most!

Just got back home.

1) Great day, had a great time inthe Landsdowne Pub before hand, TErracing is always fun, absolutely no trouble and just good natured banter, except for some sad pricks (one of which in a Glasgow Rangers Shirt) who thought the IRA were involved in the game and that we shouldnt give in to them. Sad tossers.

2) MGP in the first half was very good. 2nd half was non existent

3) Matteo. What has Mickey Gray done to Hughes, if he thinks Matteo is better than Gray im very very worried. Couldnt pass, couldnt control his only redeeming feature is he can kick seven shades of brown stuff out of the opposition.

4) We werent that good today, but last 15 minutes we battered Cardiff, had a goal disallowed, hit the bar, and had most of the possession, before that we were in trouble.

5)Mokeana - looks quite good - is tall and Lanky like Viera, made some good tackles and passes, cant shoot

6) Shagger - brilliant performance,cant shoot

7) Thompson - set up the first goal, was a livewire all game, always willing to shoot, can shoot

8) Todd and Johanson - Great

9) Friedal - whoops, should have saved it

10) Dickov - right pest, god love him

11) Stead - oh dear

12 Gallagher - changed the game for us

13) Hughes - substitutions actually came at times when they made impacts. MGP took his chance well interesting to see whether he starts next game.

All in all had a great day and met some new people

Rach "The Pink" Rover etc

come on Rovers lets beat em at Ewood

Was a decent match, have to say the atmosphere from our fans was immense!!!

The Mokeana song to the tune of the macarena was sheer brilliance, as was the chant of 'there must be sheep outside' as the cardiff fans were exiting the ground laugh.giflaugh.gif

Flopsy is spot on with his report, though I have to mention Matteo.

He has to be the worst player I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. he may as well have been wearing a cardiff shirt today, the amount of times he passed to their players. he did however give me the biggest laugh in ages as he attempted an overhead kick clearance with absolutely no grace whatsoever, missing the ball and all 29 stone of him sending shockwaves that could be felt up in newcastle. he did kick lumps out of their players, much like a pub player does after he has been out on the lash the night before, never play him again please!!!!!

Mokeana (know that is spelt wrong!!!) looked sharp and the rest of the team were ok, stead looked a bit crap unfortunately, hope he gets back to form asap.

Should beat them at home, no worries wink.gif

1) Great day, had a great time inthe Landsdowne Pub before hand, TErracing is always fun, absolutely no trouble and just good natured banter, except for some sad pricks (one of which in a Glasgow Rangers Shirt) who thought the IRA were involved in the game and that we shouldnt give in to them. Sad tossers.

4) We werent that good today, but last 15 minutes we battered Cardiff, had a goal disallowed, hit the bar, and had most of the possession, before that we were in trouble.

Huh on the IRA thing. huh.gif

And for point 4, c'mon you hardly troubled us. Be honest. If anything during the last few minutes we were the more dangerous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.