BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

From what I saw on Sky's excellent extended highlights package, Nissa looked uncomfortable at best at full back. If I'd been at the game I would have been worried about him getting sent off after all the fouls he had to make after getting beaten in the early stages of the game.

Don't you think it's a bit early to be saying Neill isn't fit to shine Nelsen's boots?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greggy

You weren't there yesterday, were you?  The back 4 should stay exactly as it is (unless any of them get suspended) .  Neill isn't fit to shine Nelson's shoes, and the only one I'd think about would be Short to replace one of the others- but I'd probably keep him o the bench at the mo.  January sale of spare defenders coming up I think!  (I'd keep Jay as he's young and defenders don't mature for years)

he played well, fair enough but against Fulham away he played fantastic at left back and then the next game at home to spurs he was woeful.He didnt get forward and whoever was playing left midfield that day gave him no cover and he was crap. It was the same last season.

He cannot play left back at home games, must be something to do with the way we play.

also, Nelson cant play against Cardiff i dont think because he was not involved in the first game. And thats a bit of an over reaction that he aint fit to lace Neills boots.He's only played one flippin game!

Edited by greggyk

Don't you think it's a bit early to be saying Neill isn't fit to shine Nelsen's boots?

I was going to say the same thing.

For the game on Wednesday, I'd like to see someone like McEveley or Gray getting a game at left back. It does present Hughes with selection problems for the future though. Does he stick with the same back for as yesterday, or does he bring Neill and Matteo back, moving Johannson into the centre and dropping Mokoena? Johannson doesn't deserved to be dropped and Mokoena had a good game yesterday, so will Hughes drop him? Hughes is going to find it hard to keep everyone happy. We may need to get rid of some defenders, Amoruso and Matteo would be my choices.

I think Neill is one of the few people whos more or less guarenteed a slot on the teamsheet this season - Nelsen will need more than one good performance (and it was good) to dislodge him, though. Still, at least there is some competition for the RB slot now...

I know Neill has played left back a couple of times in the last few seasons, how did he do there? I obviously prefer a left-footed player there (If Gresko could find the form he had while on loan here that'd be great), but it could be an option. Or maybe Nellie can play there too?

I know Neill has played left back a couple of times in the last few seasons, how did he do there? I obviously prefer a left-footed player there (If Gresko could find the form he had while on loan here that'd be great), but it could be an option. Or maybe Nellie can play there too?

For Gresko to find the form he had whilst on loan we'd need to sit Duffer in front of him!

After Duff left he quickly started to look a weak link and that resulted in even more pressure from the opposition down that flank. He lacks pace and sometimes seems to want to do too much cynical shirt pulling rather than just winning the ball.

That said he may now blossom under a different training regime. I do get the feeling that the players seem to be emerging from under the big, black cloud that was the Souness 'training' system. I can almost picture them blinking in the sunlight and thinking 'Hey, it turns out I'm pretty good at this football malarkey!'

I think I'd prefer Gray or Jay at LB ahead of Neill. His forms improved (see above) and I don't want him put back by being played out of position.

All in all, given that MH has promised playing time to Spector we could see him slotting in at LB on a fairly regular basis.

I have watched Lucas Neill recently- he's gone from totally inadequate to adequate.

You got something from Nelson yesterday you've never seen- and will never see- from Neill. Leadership skills. Even looking at the highlights- which I'm sure is what most of you giving your opinion have done, you could see him telling other players what he wanted them to do. Neill has not done this in all the games I've seen him in (which would be the majority of games he's played for Rovers). Nelson's also captain of his country, and on that evidence I can see why. (the argument isn't as strong as it could be as Ferguson's captain of my country and I've never worked out why- apart from the fact that all our good footballers aer either too young or have retired)

Back to Andy Todd!

After seeing the incident on sky, I must say well done Andy Todd for standing his ground, how many footballers would have fallen to the ground, rolling round with their heads in their hands?

I dont think Todd should get captaincy over Bazza, and if he does, not untill next year - he's come good, I dont think his ego needs that much attention, as much as I do think hes a great player.

Lucas Neill on the other hand, I reckon would be a decent captain. But then I thought we shoulda kept Andresen. sad.gif

Far too quiet as a person.

When I was in the changing room before a game a couple of years ago, Lucas was sat quietly in the corner.

He has been brilliant though during our recent upturn in from.

Next week's selection will be interesting with Neill Nelson Mokoena Todd Matteo and Johansson challenging for 4 places.

sat in changing room my ****

Looks like the BBC agree with me, as Nelsen has made it into their team of the week (With Mokoena)!

As Toddy did to Sky's team (With Emerton!!!

Well done to them all.

Edited by Jan

Andy Todd has had a superb season under the wing of Hughesy! I cant stress enough how well he has done since he was on the verge of leaving ewood! i am so happy that the board are undergoing talks to offer a new contract, which he fully deserves! No one would have thought that toddy would be one of the players who would excell under hughes but full credit, he has fought for his place and doesn't deserve to lose it! since hes only a small player he handled lee for cardiff very well! he has steadied the ship at the back and yesterday he deserved to skiper the side to a worrying victory but he was one out of a bunch on the pitch that performed really well! Well done toddy keep up the good work

rover.gif well according to tris todd's refusal to be sub for a inferior jock against leeds last season was worse than fergal handing in a transfer request.

i wish he had twatted souness there and then,but this is the new todd,tupped by lulu and elbowed by the dog,did he roll about -did he moan -no.

a captian's display last night by one very good footballer tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.