Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nelsen Has Signed

neophox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

I might send it as a question when he is featured in Ewood E-males in a future matchday programme!

I asked on the DC United forum of BigSoccer. Here's the repsonse: "I know he has a serious girlfriend, not sure if they're engaged or not."

So there's hope.

By the way, he also will have a life after football is done. He graduated from one of the top-flight US universities, Stanford. And he's got a brain to go along with the athletic skills. From his college years: "Stanford senior midfielder Ryan Nelsen has been named the 2000 Collegiate Men's Soccer NSCAA/adidas Scholar Athlete of the Year. The native of Christchurch, New Zealand was chosen for his excellence academically as well as athletically."

Best of luck biggrin.gif

In reply to previous posts with Kiwi inquiries...other Kiwis in the leagues are, from memory...

Leo Bertos _ Rochdale

Chris Killen _ Oldham

David Mulligan _ Doncaster

Rory Fallon _ Swindon

Mark Paston _ Walsall

Pasty - top man- went from Bradford to Walsall in the off-season...excellent keeper ... Leo Bertos can play a bit too, apparently he was his side's best player v Charlton...

btw, did u know that Nelsen was an outstanding cricketer at youth level who was on target to play for NZ...he captained an NZ u-17 side that also included Craig McMillan I think...

Edited by Skinny Dynamite

can he play right back? if so I think he may start in against Pompey,

My team would be

FRIEDEL

NELSEN

TODD

MOKOENA

JOHANSSON

EMERTON

THOMPSON

FLITCROFT ©

PEDERSEN

DICKOV

STEAD

subs

GALLAGHER

JOHNSON

ENCKLEMAN

McEVELEY

REID

Edited by rog of the rovers

This Mokoena guy (nicknamed The Axe!) ain't exactly a softy. Quoted in The Sun today -

“I was sent off against England. I had a couple of fights with Heskey — but they were sporting fights. When you play hard you put your leg where it hurts the most — no pain is no gain. "

“There are some very good strikers at this level but I’m here to stop them from scoring.”

Should get on very well with Andy Todd.

BLACKBURN new-boy Aaron Mokoena — known as The Axe — has warned Premiership strikers he is prepared for a scrap.

I am not happy with the signings we haven't bought any class that we are lacking. I don't see us strengthening the squad, its getting weaker and weaker! hughes needs to pull his finger out and buy players with vital experience especially at centre half and also we need another striker to play alongside dickov!

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.