BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

so bellamy what your saying is im wrong for taking my little lad because he isnt 8?he has loved coming ever since i took him to the barca friendly,granted he didnt know much ,but now he loves going he knows who the players are and whats happening.Mind you he does have a stead shirt lol

Tell you what meet me in the blues bar next saturday I will bring the wife who will take the little lad home after you tell him hes not old enough. ohmy.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so bellamy what your saying is im wrong for taking my little lad because he isnt 8?he has loved coming ever since i took him to the barca friendly,granted he didnt know much ,but now he loves going he knows who the players are and whats happening.Mind you he does have a stead shirt lol

Tell you what meet me in the blues bar next saturday I will bring the wife who will take the little lad home after you tell him hes not old enough. ohmy.gif

Jesus Christ Abbey, why does everybody take everything said on here to be a personal attack? It's like when USABlue jumps straight in if somebody half-subconscously insinuates that you have to go to matches or live in Blackburn to understand something.

No I'm not saying you're wrong for bringing your kid. I'm not saying he's wrong for turning up. I'm not saying Rovers are wrong for having a strategy to bring young kids in. This is not a criticism of you or what you do on Saturdays. It isn't a criticism of anybody who brings a kid to matches. It was simply my view on what nodrog said concerning free tickets for 8-12 year olds. From my own personal example, I didn't get into football until I was old enough to start playing it competitively, and the free tickets did nothing for my little brother because he hadn't built up any interest.

Don't just assume I'm here to insult you. We're all here just to post our opinions, and if it happens to be different from your own situation then don't just assume it's a criticism, OK?

Dragged my three down to Ewood since the ages of 4, 3 and 4 respectively. Each got bored, had a great time, irritated me, amazed me and asked "Why can't we support Utd?" at different times. The youngest would have stopped on many occassions "Can't I go shopping with Mum?" and now wouldn't miss a match.

Rovers gave us free STs up to age 8, then it was about £40-80 to age 16, then about 50% discount on an adult for 16-18. There is a GREAT need for a discounted ticket for 18-21 (non-students). I've been shelling out all season for my 18 year old (no ST as he leaves for Australia on Sunday) and it's painful. I don't see how an 18 year old, earning top-side £5 an hour, can afford £28 to stand in the BBE - it's nearly 8 hours work.

One thing I know to be an absolutle cast-iron certainty; wait till the child is interested and it's too late as he/she will already be a United fan by that stage. Peer pressure, pure and simple. All the kids I know who don't follow Rovers have never been taken by their Dads, and almost without exception they follow Utd.

It's hard work raising a Rover. smile.gif but none of them will ever support a team that doesn't wear blue and white halves.

It's sad isn't it Paul? I'd probably like to think myself lucky. Without ever saying as much, my dad gave me the opton to support a number of local teams. He took me to Ewood park first, but I've also been to Turf Moor to watch Burnley play Oldham, I've been to Huddersfield to watch them play Northampton, and I've been to Deepdale (but I forget the opposition).

He never said "choose a team" or anything like that, but I think that he was allowing me the choice of whether or not to support Rovers. As it was, like with Nick Hornby in Fever Pitch, the first team I saw was the one I ended up falling in love with.

I'd actually blame the media more than apathetic dads for kids supporting Utd. Thge amount of backpage and frontpage news they are involved in can cloud a kid's judgement purely because all he ever hears about is United. You can't force anybody to love a club. The armchair United fans don't love a club in the way that we all unconditionally love Rovers.

Edited by bellamy11

To be fair, G & J are only 3 and 1, so their education has yet to begin. That said, both have had Rovers babygros and bibs, and G learned to say Blackburn Rovers not long after learning her first few words. When J can be bothered to talk, no doubt the same will be expected of him. They'll be indoctrinated early on, but we'll not take them to busy games until they're quite a bit older. G was at Simon Garner's testimonial match and at the Worthington cup final, so it has started. I still think I wouldn't get to see any part of the game if I took them both at the moment.

but I think that he was allowing me the choice of whether or not to support Rovers.

Wishy washy liberals! laugh.giflaugh.gifdry.gif

You might need to edit the last word of your post bellamy! ohmy.gif

Don't just assume I'm here to insult you. We're all here just to post our opinions, and if it happens to be different from your own situation then don't just assume it's a criticism, OK?

I'll assume what I like thanks. Who are you to tell me what to assume? If I assume you're making a personal attack that's my choice. I'm bloody sick of people like you telling me what to assume.#

biggrin.gif

I'll assume what I like thanks. Who are you to tell me what to assume? If I assume you're making a personal attack that's my choice. I'm bloody sick of people like you telling me what to assume.#

biggrin.gif

I strongly disagree with whatever it is you just said.

biggrin.gif

Tell you what meet me in the blues bar next saturday I will bring the wife who will take the little lad  home after you tell him hes not old enough. ohmy.gif

Jesus Christ Abbey, why does everybody take everything said on here to be a personal attack? It's like when USABlue jumps straight in if somebody half-subconscously insinuates that you have to go to matches or live in Blackburn to understand something.

No I'm not saying you're wrong for bringing your kid. I'm not saying he's wrong for turning up. I'm not saying Rovers are wrong for having a strategy to bring young kids in. This is not a criticism of you or what you do on Saturdays. It isn't a criticism of anybody who brings a kid to matches. It was simply my view on what nodrog said concerning free tickets for 8-12 year olds. From my own personal example, I didn't get into football until I was old enough to start playing it competitively, and the free tickets did nothing for my little brother because he hadn't built up any interest.

withstupid.gif never said it was a personal attack but to question whether its right for under 8s to attend matches well say no more.Why cant 6 year olds enjoy football?

It would take more than a few words on here bellamy to insult me I assure you.

Edited by ABBEY

I think every kid if different.

My eldest is three and a half and there is not way I would take him on Ewood yet - he would be bored and would pi55 me and those lucky enough to sit near me right off.

Its not the same now as when I started going at about the same age. I went and played with other kids at the front of the Blackburn End! Didnt pay a blind bit of notice to the footy for years!!!

Tell you what meet me in the blues bar next saturday I will bring the wife who will take the little lad  home after you tell him hes not old enough. ohmy.gif

withstupid.gif never said it was a personal attack but to question whether its right for under 8s to attend matches well say no more.Why cant 6 year olds enjoy football?

It would take more than a few words on here bellamy to insult me I assure you.

If you can find where I say that it isn't right to bring under 8s to matches or that 6 year olds can't enjoy football then I'll buy you and your son a pint of guiness each tonight biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.