BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap tickets ONLY in the Riverside and JW lower outer......limited amount of seating too.

If they had stuck with the £24 all areas, people who normaly sit in the Riverside and JW would have paid more than a premier league game.

At leaste everyone now gets a reduction on normal prices.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SEAT IN THE JW LOWER AND THE BLACKBURN END LOWER??????...THE VIEW IS THE SAME mad.gif

APALLING, THE PRICES SHOULD BE THE SAME THROUGHOUT THE GROUND,

BUT ROVERS ARE BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF THE BLACKBURN END REGULARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

I AINT F'KIN HAPPY.....ANOTHER COMPLETE COCK-UP BY ROVERS

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Cheap tickets ONLY in the Riverside and JW lower outer......limited amount of seating too.

Why penalise the most popular area of the ground(Blackburn End lower) with these ridiculous prices .......its bl00dy ridiculous mad.gif

I imagine it's because away support must pay the same as home support in an equivalent area. We can't put Cardiff fans anywhere other than the Darwen End so I guess this is why there is only a £5 discount in the BBE.

Personally I quite fancy a seat in the JW for a change....and it will probably be like the grave in the BBE upper anyway.

Philip and Theno have stolen my thunder on this one. Rovers are probably fed up with trying to bribe supporters on to the games with discounts and still getting sub-10,000 gates. Why not just concentrate on the hard-core 5,000 or so who don't question the prices. Is money really the issue with those complaining? If we had been playing ManU would you have questioned the prices? Too many bloody attendees at this club and not enough fans.

So now we are faced with the prospect of having the most partisan and vocal home part of the ground vertually empty because many people will not pay the higher price or have been forced to move to another part of the ground.......for gods sake the atmosphere at Ewood is bad enough.

ADVANTAGE CARDIFF.

Philip and Theno have stolen my thunder on this one. Rovers are probably fed up with trying to bribe supporters on to the games with discounts and still getting sub-10,000 gates. Why not just concentrate on the hard-core 5,000 or so who don't question the prices. Is money really the issue with those complaining? If we had been playing ManU would you have questioned the prices? Too many bloody attendees at this club and not enough fans.

So they decide to see if they can get away with taking the pish out of loyal fans?.....is that what you are saying!! ohmy.gif

APALLING, THE PRICES SHOULD BE THE SAME THROUGHOUT THE GROUND,

BUT ROVERS ARE BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF THE BLACKBURN END REGULARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

Its the same at EVERY game, not just this one.

The club just dont seem to have got that message accross with their publicity.

On the issue of pricing, I believe it's too much.

To put it in perspective, you could go and see Manic Street Preachers for £22.50, Harry Hill for £17.50 or even eat a three course meal including wine at Heathcote's Michelin-starred restaurant in Longridge for £25 all in.

Other leisure operators have to price their product competitively to attract customers. Football seems to me to be driven the other way around, i.e. this is how much it costs to buy players and pay their wages, now who can we get to pay for it?

That would suggest it's OK to extract as much money as possible from the hard-core when surely those fans, amongst which I count myself, are the ones Rovers should look after.

Until the new announcement on prices the issue for me was money. Five tickets = £91. It's a lot of money to find in January. If it was Man Utd I would not question the price, it's about value for money and pricing a game according to its perceived value - this is how products are sold. If the price is set above the perceived value customers will react.

So when budgeting do we assume no Rovers Cup matches?

And now we see a route thru to 5th round should we not support the team to get a Cup run at last?

The poll should have an extra line :

"I will not be attending til we get to the Semi-final but reserve the right to complain at each stage of the FA Cup until we win it gloriously in May at the last Cardiff final"

Highest overall 3rd Round attendance for 20 years as JJ points out above.

I think Rovers are slightly the victims of their own sensible pricing for recent league cup games judging by some of the reaction on here.

There hasn't been an FA Cup tie at Ewood for two years (v Sunderland, 3-3, 25.01.2002, 14,315).

In the interim there have been home cup ties with Gencler (14,573), Liverpool (16,918) and Bournemouth (7,226).

Certainly two of those (can't remember about Liverpool) were priced very sensibly, as were previous league cup ties against the likes of Walsall and Rotherham.

This has clearly led a large number of fans to assume that any cup game = cheap tickets.

However, the FA Cup isn't the UEFA or the league cup - it's the premier cup competition, and the rules about splitting revenue kick in. I think the vast majority of clubs (depending on the draw / agreement with opponents) charge normal admission prices for FA Cup games

I went to MK Dons v Lancaster City earlier in the 1st Round and even that was a tenner - no-one can argue that Rovers v Cardiff with possible extra time and pens isn't more attractive entertainment.

And yet you can watch it for a tenner, if you can be arsed to sit in the CIS wings. Or alternatively pay Category B prices with a fiver knocked off. I think that's pretty fair pricing really.

However, the FA Cup isn't the UEFA or the league cup - it's the premier cup competition, and the rules about splitting revenue kick in. I think the vast majority of clubs (depending on the draw / agreement with opponents) charge normal admission prices for FA Cup games

Revenue is split in the League Cup, in almost identical fashion.

stu, you don't seem to have noticed it could cost you more than an adult ST holder depending on which area you choose to sit!!

What is going on?!?!?!

Just waiting for a reply from the ticket office. We have reduced ST holders paying more than full ST holders in some areas! Smacks of set prices, then panic and try to sort it. The £24 quoted at first doesn't apply everywhere and you can actually pay more than that.

I admit it is a very difficult situation for the club, but how do they expect people to trust them when they do a quick back-turn like this and confuse people with the prices and conditions.

Edited by Kiwiwannabe

That would suggest it's OK to extract as much money as possible from the hard-core when surely those fans, amongst which I count myself, are the ones Rovers should look after.

Until the new announcement on prices the issue for me was money. Five tickets = £91. It's a lot of money to find in January. If it was Man Utd I would not question the price, it's about value for money and pricing a game according to its perceived value - this is how products are sold. If the price is set above the perceived value customers will react.

Paul I don't for one minute think that this is the reason for the pricing policy; it is much more likly that Cardiff intransigence forced the situation upon us. What I was trying to demonstrate (if a little clumsily) is a possible stratagy the club could employ to maximise revinue. At the end of the day top class professional footballers(!) will have to be paid for performing at a northern outpost on a cold January midweek night and somebody has to pay for it. Time and time again the club have proved that lowering the price for this type of fixture does not make financial sense as the attendances are still appalling. Far better from a fiscal perspective to have 5,000 punters paying £24 each than 7,000 paying £10.

When the club has offered £15 tickets to sit anywhere, I usually 'treat' myself to a JW Upper Central view. But for the replay I'll stick to my £10 Riverside 'Top Tenner- Cheap Get' seat.

Hopefully when we win this one and get Colly at home, the club will act/review how this game's attendance was effected by this pricing plan tinykit.gif

"The cost of the tickets is determined by both clubs. Therefore IF Rovers progress through to the fourth round, we'll have to see how accomodating Colchester are, as opposed to Cardiff City."

This is what Lee has posted on the official board.

So for all of you moaning about Blackburn Rovers' management, go away!

I really cannot see how £24 is justified. At the end of the day, it is the clubs who will lose out as they are pricing a certain sector of spectators out of the market. There aren't many fans that are so blindly in love with their team that they will pay way way over the odds to watch them. It shouldn't be a choice between taking your family of four for a meal or paying for ONE ticket to watch 90 minutes of football between two pretty poor teams in the dullest of dull stadia.

Here's hoping that one day BRFC will have the balls to consider the fans rather than rush into deciding ludicrous ticket prices as soon as they get the slightest inkling that there is money to be made. If it takes relegation to be be able to watch my beloved Rovers more often, then so be it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.