BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

I really cannot see how £24 is justified. At the end of the day, it is the clubs who will lose out as they are pricing a certain sector of spectators out of the market. There aren't many fans that are so blindly in love with their team that they will pay way way over the odds to watch them. It shouldn't be a choice between taking your family of four for a meal or paying for ONE ticket to watch 90 minutes of football between two pretty poor teams in the dullest of dull stadia.

Here's hoping that one day BRFC will have the balls to consider the fans rather than rush into deciding ludicrous ticket prices as soon as they get the slightest inkling that there is money to be made. If it takes relegation to be be able to watch my beloved Rovers more often, then so be it.

Did you read my post above?

Cardiff made the decision.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are so insistant that Cardiff made this decision then all the more reason to blame the BRFC management!!

As I understand it, it is decision made between the two clubs involved. The most I presume they can charge is our average home price, i.e. £24. I am only guessing, but say we went to Cardiff and sent we want to price the tickets at £10, then they said, no. We would surely have some bargining with them between our offer and the full price. As originally announced, if the prices are £24, then we don't seem to have very good negotiators working on behalf of our club. Cardiff City alone do not set ticket prices at Ewood!

Im gonna go (only cos im feeling guilty about missing the 1st game laugh.gif ), but im not exactly thrilled about the prices we r gonna have to pay. Saying that if could have course be Cardiff's fault, i dont suppose we will eever know? Presuming we beat cardiff, which we really should at ewood then maybe the prices can be slightly different for colchester. Who knows from there if we get the right draw we could be in the 1/4 finals. rover.gif

btw is the 6th rnd the same as 1/4 finals, i always get confused lol.

No, but the starting point is the Rovers' usual prices. If no agreement is reached, I understand that Rovers Category B prices apply by default.

Anything below that has to be agreed by Cardiff as it reduces Cardiff's gate receipts.

Try as I might I couldnt find that in the FA Cup rules. It merely refer to decided by agreement.

They were banging on about attendances on Talksport earlier and one solution and selling point combined is something that we did a few years ago and something that Spurs do now. To include 2/3 free cup games in the season ticket package. We'd have lost out last season mind but it might persuade a few more waverers to purchase full season tickets.

No, but the starting point is the Rovers' usual prices. If no agreement is reached, I understand that Rovers Category B prices apply by default.

Anything below that has to be agreed by Cardiff as it reduces Cardiff's gate receipts.

Try as I might I couldnt find that in the FA Cup rules. It merely refer to decided by agreement.

These are the FA Cup Rules. Look at Rule 25 requiring the pricing to be set by mutual agreement then look at where the rule with regards to season tickets assumes that the club's usual pricing applies. That effectively points to usual pricing for games as the expectation for FA Cup games and becomes the de facto guideline where mutual agreement cannot be achieved.

Mutual agreement gives both Rovers and Cardiff an effective veto over charging anything other than the home club's usual ticket price.

Cardiff have clearly exercised that veto. I don't particularly blame them. At least 1,000 of their supporters will travel for the game and the £24 ticket price is only a portion of their total spend on travel, booze, food, programme, ticket.

Do you think any Cardiff supporter will not be coming for one of the biggest games of their season because the entrance ticket is £9 more than they might normally pay?

Cardiff will have looked at the Rovers' experience of gates when ticket prices have been decreased- the Bournemouth game in particular. Had 17,000 taken advantage of the lower prices for that League Cup game, Rovers would have had a basis for arguing for heavilly discounting this replay's ticket prices. As it was only 7,000 turned up and so there was never the remotest possibility of Cardiff agreeing to the sort of pricing many on this MB are arguing for.

The object of your anger should be Rovers fans not responding to reduced prices, not the club.

Fans regarding the FA Cup as something inferior to league games is a very recent phenomenon. It used to be the case that on occasions clubs charged a premium over ordinary league entrance fees for FA Cup games because FA Cup ties drew bigger gates than league matches irrespective of who the opposition was.

Edited by philipl

Has anyone checked with the club regarding what happens if you are on the automatic cup ticket scheme. There is nothing on the site about it. As it stands I have to pay £22 when I can sit a few rows further down for a £10, doesn't seem fair somehow.

Didnt check - but I did check if you could move your seat and get the ST discount. You can, afeing told initially you couldn't.

So looks like I might be in the JW Lower.

They were banging on about attendances on Talksport earlier and one solution and selling point combined is something that we did a few years ago and something that Spurs do now. To include 2/3 free cup games in the season ticket package. We'd have lost out last season mind but it might persuade a few more waverers to purchase full season tickets.

The problem with this much suggested idea is that half the gate including the seats taken by ST holders goes to the visiting side, if we give away free seats then half their value (i.e. half what we would normally charge / half what we have charged visiting fans for similar seats) goes to the visitors.

For 7000 against Bournemouth this isn't too much of a financial hit, but imagine if we'd have drawn Man Utd/Bolton/Burnley/Some Other Sell Out. Not only would the club lose potential revenue from ST holders (which could be accounted for in the ST price) but also have to shell out £15 per ST holder to the opposition too (which couldn't) ! Obviously the club can't take such a risk announcing such a scheme before the draw is known.

thenodrog  Posted on Jan 10 2005, 17:46

QUOTE (ihateburnley @ Jan 10 2005, 16:20 )

If it takes relegation to be be able to watch my beloved Rovers more often, then so be it.

You have got to be kidding right? huh.gif

Either that or you have completely justified my earlier point about small town mentalities.

lol. ive just realsied that i actually went to more games in div 1 than i did any other season since the 95/96 season.

Having said that, im a student in Leeds and last season only managed the one game - at Elland Rd.Gutted that fixtures gone. My main reason for not going isnt price of this particular match, when i next go to Ewood it will probably when there is a game i feel iwill enjoy the most- Im thinking the Bolton game- a close one with the fans passionate to win. However if i hadnt had to wait till today for the old student loan i would have preferred to go to Cardiff,as i would have preferred to stand.

Edited by andy82

...the fans value an FA Cup game, unless it's the final, less than a league game. I thought we turned up to watch Rovers not the opposition?

You have to remember that only 800 Rovers fans decided they wanted to pay £18 and travel to Cardiff. This is a replay of that match. I know the travelling is an issue, but if only 800 fans went in the first place I just can't see how you can charge anymore than that for the replay.

Chelsea ticket prices

So does this mean the club can charge Rovers fans £48 for when Chelsea visit Ewood?

If that is true then surely you should be prepared to pay the same for the games?

For some fans the FA Cup is more important, at least AS important as the league. However if the team doesn't treat it as importantly, then why should fans be expected to pay the same as for league games?

This is going to be a bit of a cyclical argument isn't it? rolleyes.gif

If the fans as a whole don't pay as much, the income from the game is less, so the club are justified in regarding it as an inferior game. If the club regard it as an inferior game, the quality of the product won't be as good so the fans are justified in not wanting to pay as much, or not going, and the income from the game being less.

As far as I'm concerned the club should play a full-strength team for any game in any competition they compete in, and the fans shouldn't complain about paying more than 10 quid for a game against Cardiff in the FA Cup.

Although Rovers have realised that they were gonna face quite a backlash after releasing the ticket prices on Saturday, I cant help but think they've stuck the price chart together in a panic. Some parts of it just dont make sense:

Jack Walker Outer

Adult - £10,

Young Adult/Senior £14

blink.gifblink.gif

I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to go, so maybe that colours my view, but as I posted on page two our prices compare favourably with virtually any other club you can name including those in lower divisions.

If we had the likes of Shearer and Duff playing the ground would be full so it's not just about price, it's about poor home form and value for money. You can into the game for £16 I believe, and if you want to watch top flight football that's very cheap.

The other issue is that Blackburn is a poor town surrounded by other towns, close to several other premership sides, so our support tends to be less hard core.

The club has been brilliant trying to keep prices down and at the same time keeeping the club in the top flight. The criticism really is unfair.

I think Rovers are slightly the victims of their own sensible pricing for recent league cup games judging by some of the reaction on here.

I would regard this as right on the nail. For a replay against a side currently 21st in the championship my expectation was £10, at £15 I wouldn't have moaned, I hadn't even considered it would be full price.

rover.gif i find it very intresting that posters who are defending the club are posters who never attend ewood/exiles/or once a year charlies.i have said it before and will say it again it is about time some off our overseas fans contribute to the club financially tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.