BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth V Rovers 0-1

Ozz

...the hefty penalty we are almost certain to face at the end of the season when we are hauled up before the FA for our poor disciplinary record.

I suspect that buying Robbie Savage is hardly likely to improve matters either, Philip. Robbie was booked fifteen times last season.

Savage was rated as number 3 in yesterday's Sunday Times list of 'Dirty rotten scoundrels'.

Link below:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1443720,00.html

if Southampton go down it wouldn't really be much of a miss IMO..

Harry Redknapp believes that it's now a four-way battle to stay up between Palace, West Brom, Norwich and his Saints team.

Southampton have enjoyed continuous membership of the top flight since 1978 - a longer run than the likes of Chelsea, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

The Saints' best finish was in 1984, when they finished 2nd in the championship to Liverpool. (Almost impossible to imagine that happening again.)

Rupert Lowe likes to have a high turnover of managers on the south coast.

The club have had eleven managers since the Premiership started in 1992 - Ian Branfoot, Alan Ball, Dave Merrington, Graeme Souness, Dave Jones, Glenn Hoddle, Stuart Gray, Gordon Strachan, Paul Sturrock, Steve Wigley and Harry Redknapp.

Harry will be desperately hoping he's not the man to finally take the club down.

The Saints have had quite a few 'great escapes' down the years - in 1996/97, Graeme Souness kept Southampton up by just one point. (Middlesbrough were relegated after they had three points deducted.)

In 1995/96, Southampton stayed up on goal difference after Man City blew a two goal lead against Liverpool at Maine Road on the final day of the season.

The bookies currently have the three promoted clubs - Norwich, West Brom and Palace as strong favourites to go back down.

Blackburn are 9/1 with Ladbrokes to be relegated.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well done you lot.

I hope for those who came down you only bumped into decent Pompey fans smile.gif

As for D'urso, lets hope he never referees another game in his life, or better still, dies in a horrible road accident smile.gif

I thought the game went as expected, 2 below average teams kicking lumps out of each other for 90 mins.

From what i saw, i reckon a draw would have been a fair result, but we all have to take the highs with the lows, thought pederson took the goal well.

You dont have any spare midfielders do you? we appear to be selling all of ours.

Do you have to play the Scummers again? If you do, could you take the 3 points from them please?

See ya next season

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.