SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2006

neekoy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its quite expensive though isnt it, £60+.

I got the pack a couple of weeks ago and its a bloody rip off! £75 to be a member when you are not even guarunteed a ticket. Looks like I'll be using the black market for around £80 a match.

its quite expensive though isnt it, £60+.

I got the pack a couple of weeks ago and its a bloody rip off! £75 to be a member when you are not even guarunteed a ticket. Looks like I'll be using the black market for around £80 a match.

As i`ve no experience of going to a world cup, is that how much they will be going for outside the ground?

• 2 weeks later...
rover.gif just been looking at the fifa web -site you have to pay by mastercard,thats another cc for me then tinykit.gif

Aye! I went to the bank and applied for one on Thursday. I confused the woman in there when I told her that I wasn't short of money but I NEEDED a mastercard. On the bottom of the form she asked me for a reason and it says 'To buy World Cup tickets' smile.gif

Well I'm assuming it's because Mastercard sponsor the competition, but still it seems a bit unfair.

There is one other way to pay. You can do it by bank transfer if you happen to have a German bank account huh.gif

Guest Kamy100

Managed to apply for tickets today morning.

Went for the Category 1-3 Option where you can apply for tickets for 7 Matches. Prices are also very reasonable for such a major event. It doesn't matter when you apply for tickets so long it is before the end of the this phase all the tickets will be given to people via a lottery system.

I've applied for my Mastercard today, so should be able to apply in three weeks time when it comes through.

Question for those "in the know":

How rigorous are the checks that your identity matches the name on the tickets? Was planning t try and get to more than 7 matches, so were were considering ordering tickets in two sets of names. It says on the site that checks will be made at random and you need proper documentation. I'd like to avoid buying tickets, going, and getting refused entry to the ground. Is it an idle threat? What would you reccomend?

Do they do the England tournament tickets and if so when do they go on sale? I know they are not through yet rolleyes.gif but I would have thought they would have had some easy to find details on getting these tickets. Can't see how fifa can expect you to stump up the money when you don't know who the hell is playing. China vs Peru anybody unsure.gif ?

I've applied for my Mastercard today, so should be able to apply in three weeks time when it comes through.

How rigorous are the checks that your identity matches the name on the tickets? Was planning t try and get to more than 7 matches, so were were considering ordering tickets in two sets of names. It says on the site that checks will be made at random and you need proper documentation. I'd like to avoid buying tickets, going, and getting refused entry to the ground. Is it an idle threat? What would you reccomend?

I wouldn't think it would be a problem, I know they didn't check the names on tickets for games at Euro 2000 and Oklahoma said that they didn't check the names at Euro 2004 either.

How rigorous are the checks that your identity matches the name on the tickets? didn't check the names at Euro 2004 either.

Never had ours checked at Euro 2004 and can't remember any checks being made - and not had them checked previously either.

Bit of a dammer this World Cup as I'm getting married a couple of weeks after it starts (made a bit of a bollux there - agreed without checking the date)

Trying to wrangle my stag do there but the other half won't have it as we are getting married in Cyprus and need to bethere 5 days in advance - guess who wears' the pants here ohmy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.