SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Down there they slag everything about Scotland. After my first game back for Rangers the other night I had about 20 texts from the boys at Blackburn saying things like '7-1? U must B glad 2 B back in such a good league!'

I guess we now know why no BRFC players have ever registered here at the site

No text speak allowed laugh.gif

Just reading the Henning Berg biography where Henning and his wife say the social side of things at Rangers (away from the football) ie things for the players' wives and families etc was non existant......"there was nothing to do........" Apparently there were no such problems at Rovers and United. Think he chose the wrong side of Glesga!

Former Rangers player Ronald De Boer has accused Barry Ferguson of being a bottler who "abandoned ship" by quitting Blackburn after just 18 months.

The Dutchman told Scotland's Daily Record newspaper: "I am sad and surprised at Barry leaving England."

"If you want to increase your profile and standing as a professional player then you have to play in the English Premiership to make a proper name for yourself. That's with all due respect to Rangers and Celtic - and Rangers is still very close to my heart. You can be a good player in Scotland but you won't really get any international respect," said De Boer.

"Barry had a good future ahead of him at Blackburn and had an opportunity to prove himself in the English Premiership. That chance has gone now. If I was in his position I would have stayed in England. But maybe Barry thought it would be better to abandon the ship."

De Boer hit out at reports that Ferguson was homesick in Lancashire.

"I left Holland and Ajax to join Barcelona and after I left my homeland I never once got homesick," De Boer said.

Meanwhile, Scotland, under Barry Ferguson's "inspired" captaincy, have dropped to an all-time low FIFA ranking.

20 years ago, Scotland were on course to qualify for the Mexico '86 World Cup, with some impressive results in their qualification group - beating Spain 3-1 at Hampden Park.

But now Scotland are ranked 86th in the world. They are currently rated below the likes of Estonia, Ghana, Angola, Thailand and United Arab Emirates!

Scotland are joined on the same points as Albania and Guinea - sandwiched between Syria and Togo.

Scotland's stock, in terms of international recognition and available players, has never been so low as it is now. The Scottish League is a joke. Other than Rangers and Celtic, none of the other teams would survive in the English Premiership.

Rangers' 7-1 win over Dundee United in the semi-final of the CIS Insurance Cup was a clear indication of just how uncompetitive Scottish football is.

(I can't recall a 7-1 win in a major domestic English semi-final for a great many years.)

Ferguson, the man who told us in December how happy he was at Rovers, now says that joining Blackburn was a mistake.

He went down even further in my estimation by apparently refusing to play against Colchester.

I think it's disgusting that a millionaire footballer who signed a contract with us 18 months ago can refuse to pull on the shirt in order to engineer a move away from the club.

Just as well Scotland is in the EU as being below 75th, playing for Scotland wouldn't get the Scots a work permit these days. laugh.gif Are there any Scottish players regularly playing in the Prem besides Dickov, Matteo and the occasional Gallagher cameo? Are there any Scottish players in La Liga or Serie A? I think there are one or two in the Maltese Premier Division though.

Lets be realistic. The Home Nations are totally anachronistic now. There are so few "Home" players playing anything above League 2 standard football (that includes a chunk of the SPL- would Livingstone beat Yeovil?), we should create a British side and let the "Scottish" Sam Allardyce specials aka "The Old Firm" into the Championship play-offs and turn the rest of "Scottish" footbnall into a feeder for the Unibond until they can find a few more locals who can kick straight.

Just as well Scotland is in the EU as being below 75th, playing for Scotland wouldn't get the Scots a work permit these days. laugh.gif Are there any Scottish players regularly playing in the Prem besides Dickov, Matteo and the occasional Gallagher cameo? Are there any Scottish players in La Liga or Serie A? I think there are one or two in the Maltese Premier Division though.

Lets be realistic. The Home Nations are totally anachronistic now. There are so few "Home" players playing anything above League 2 standard football (that includes a chunk of the SPL- would Livingstone beat Yeovil?), we should create a British side and let the "Scottish" Sam Allardyce specials aka "The Old Firm" into the Championship play-offs and turn the rest of "Scottish" footbnall into a feeder for the Unibond until they can find a few more locals who can kick straight.

Crikey ... Barry Ferguson has seriously p:ssed you off hasn't he philip!?

Meanwhile, Scotland, under Barry Ferguson's "inspired" captaincy, have dropped to an all-time low FIFA ranking.

20 years ago, Scotland were on course to qualify for the Mexico '86 World Cup, with some impressive results in their qualification group - beating Spain 3-1 at Hampden Park.

But now Scotland are ranked 86th in the world. They are currently rated below the likes of Estonia, Ghana, Angola, Thailand and United Arab Emirates!

Scotland are joined on the same points as Albania and Guinea - sandwiched between Syria and Togo.

I know you love your tangents (Hell, I'm surprised you haven't somehow squeezed in a post about Rebecca Loos in this thread) but what exactly is the relevance of this?

I know you love your tangents (Hell, I'm surprised you haven't somehow squeezed in a post about Rebecca Loos in this thread) but what exactly is the relevance of this?

The fact that he was just itching to rejoin a league whose national representatives are shait? dry.gif

Today illustrated just what an enormous gulf in influence, passion and commitment there is between the scottish and welsh captains. I know that a captain is only one member of a squad but maybe a pointer in the performance of the national teams has been highlighted at BRFC in the last month. Today Savage was everywhere and seems a giant on the pitch whereas the absolute best thing that I can say about Ferguson was that he was 'neat and tidy'.

Forget squad politics and armbands Robbie Savage IS the captain of BRFC. Period.

I wanted us to sign him when he left Leicester and said so on here only to be widely ridiculed by masses of Savage haters. I suggest that he is now making quite a few eat their words. tongue.gif

Just a suggestion but should Prem safety be realised and should WBA be relegated I would welcome a move for Kanu.

what exactly is the relevance of this?

Just making the point that he is the captain of the worst Scottish side in history and as SAR says, he is keen to join a league whose national representatives are crap.

Anyway, at least Scotland have one decent player playing for them at International level - Paul Dickov. smile.gif

The link below is not really relevant, as it's non-football related, but the boss of Channel 4 has suggested that Scots actually like to wallow in failure.

I don't entirely agree with his views, but it's an interesting read.

Scots Love Failure

Just a suggestion but should Prem safety be realised and should WBA be relegated I would welcome a move for Kanu.

No thanks, I think he needs the time and freedom to be able to get the ball and experiment. I don't think he'll fit into our plan and work ethic, and won't be in a situation to do what he does best, though there is no doubting his skill and talent.

I would welcome a move for Kanu.

Hes shocking. Had one good season but has been abysmal ever since. Hardly scored a goal! Earnshaw would be a good signing though! Hes already scored about 12 or 13 for Brom, and has only played about a third of a season.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.