BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Cardiff

waggy

Well, I must have been watching a different game. I thought he looked pacey, was strong in the challenge, and read the game fairly well. It was only when he was moved to a midfield holding role that he started to look out of his depth imo.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must have been watching a different game. I thought he looked pacey, was strong in the challenge, and read the game fairly well. It was only when he was moved to a midfield holding role that he started to look out of his depth imo.

Exactly what I said earlier Scottty ...one too many laugh.gifwink.gif - if you call playing well not making a pass to a single Blackburn player in the first 1/2 hour and putting us in trouble on more than one occasion then your standards can't be that high (or was the vision distorted biggrin.gif

I'll take the word of Ste B (for the minute) from those that saw him play at Cardiff and Portsmouth so here's hoping, because on last nights evidence Gabbidon took the plaudits

I've been offline for the last two weeks - computer broke down. I don't know if this has been posted, but 1 minute before half time a ten foot girder fell off the top of the big TV screen. It missed me by about 12 feet, that's not much when it's fallen from that height. It was even nearer a steward, who acted as if nothing had happened.

If it had fallen about 2 minutes later, someone would have probably died.

Sorry to hear about Den's near miss, thankfully it doesn't appear anyone was hurt.

What last night proved to me if anything was how much we need both Savage and Ferguson.

We were completely outplayed and anonymous in midfield, Tugay isn't getting any younger and IMO for all his long range shooting and goals last night Thompson hasn't impressed at all converted to a central midfield role.

Elsewhere Neill was as he has been for the last 15 months, a defensive liability, Mokoena and Matteo were poor and Reid who had formerly looked much improved didn't impress when he came on.

A great result given the performance.

P.S. Watched the game for the first time from the warmth and comfort of the 500 Club lounge. What a cracking view and facility that place is!

First chance I've had to post a match report on the game.

After a good start we seemed to think that we were going to play the game out.

Towards the end of the first half I was wondering when half time was actuallg going to come.

Thompson took his first goal brilliantly, his second caused problems for Cardiff in their box and if it wasn't for Gallagher's dummy their keeper probably would have collected it.

Cardiff scored their first goal really well i thought, good movement from them but bad defending from us, all night really. Ball watching unsure.gif

Great start to the second half and MGP finished really well.

That was it?

We never came forward again, only when we had to and were put under constant pressure from Cardiff.

If we had been playing like that against a better team who had a striker who could finish then we would have gone out.

Cardiff were unlucky and in my opinion were a credit to the Championship.

I was very dissapointed in the performace overall from Rovers.

We got through and that's all that counts, third round ties are never the most exciting, now to Colchester.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.