• Emerton
    • MGP
    • Short
    • Thompson
    • Grooby
    • None it should be a communal effort
    • Jan

This poll is closed to new votes

Just come on to this thread and voted straight away before reading any posts and was surprised to find that I wasn't the first to vote for Jan.

Flitty is still Rovers captain to me even though he doesn't get picked too often and Bazza was made Capt. after him. But "that swine Ferguson" wants away.

SO!!.....There is no really permanent person in the squad to be capt . Except Neill (yuk) and Brad. I don't agree with goalkeepers being captains.

Todd is playing well at present so he should continue for now.

Love to see Jan with the armband on showing us how she can score goals like King Kenny. smile.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Todd after their first goal went in last night, and he did not say a word to anyone. Just walked back to his spot with his head down, like the rest of the team. When really he should have been pointing out the error of Lucas Neills ways to the full back.

Like I say, get a committee-someone else has voted for it so it can`t be that far fetched.

At the risk of stirring a hornet's nest but Hughes has said he has never known a dressing room as quiet as Rovers' when he took over. No doubt it was a lot quieter than the one he played in as a Rover.

I suspect Todd has got the band because Hughes is signalling it is OK to have a mind of your own and to have disagreed with Souness.

That was a huge reason for getting Savage and why he liked Mokoena and Nelsen.

That is the typical legacy of a bullying Manager- all the characters, motivators, movers and shapers leave and the timid, the conformist and the downright frightened are left.

I am pretty certain the arm band will go to one of the new boys.

I watched Todd after their first goal went in last night, and he did not say a word to anyone. Just walked back to his spot with his head down, like the rest of the team. When really he should have been pointing out the error of Lucas Neills ways to the full back.

Like I say, get a committee-someone else has voted for it so it can`t be that far fetched.

2 points ;

Firstly, I don't see what Neill could have done, he had to attack the player wuth the ball on the edge of the box, a 1-2 was played around him and he tried to recover and block the shot as quickly as he could.

Just because a goal comes in from the right side doesn't automatically mean Neill was at fault.

Secondly Todd was talking (not shouting) to Neill all the way back to their positions after the goal, I pointed this out to my mate that he was berating him very calmly.

For mine has to savage, without a doubt.

As for nelson ... I wouldnt feel comfortable having blackburn led by the captain of New Zealand. No offense to the kiwi's, but they did get beaten 2-1 by PNG.

Firstly, I don't see what Neill could have done, he had to attack the player wuth the ball on the edge of the box, a 1-2 was played around him and he tried to recover and block the shot as quickly as he could.

Just because a goal comes in from the right side doesn't automatically mean Neill was at fault.

Secondly Todd was talking (not shouting) to Neill all the way back to their positions after the goal, I pointed this out to my mate that he was berating him very calmly.

i agree with your post 100% brownie

It seems the majority of people within this forum are pretty quick to hang s*** on lucas, without actually giving much thought to what they are saying , he didnt have the best of games the other night, but "woeful".. cmon guys. Lets not forget the rest of the team, who for mine had the worst showing under hughes so far.

tinykit.gif

( sorry about double post ) rover.gif

Edited by Poita

I'm slowly losing the will to live.

Todd for captain mad.gif a guy who refused to pull on the shirt last season mad.gif

DISGRACEFUL.

To be fair he only refused to pull on the shirt to sit on the bench.

Maybe in a perfect world he shouldn't have done that, but how would you feel if you were playing and then demoted to sub a few minutes before kick off because a certain Italien declared himself fit?

What can be said with certainty is that prior to the Souness spat and since his reinstatement, he's been our most consistent player. And I was a major detractor originally.

(I voted Savage for captain though)

2 points ;

Neill got sucked in, he lost his man and just watched the ball, forgetting that MacAnuff was steaming down the left. Hes done it before. Overall Neill had a game to forget on Wednesday. Great finish from MacAnuff(?) but I also thought Brad could have done better.

RE Todd not speaking, you have better eyesight than me sir, and I only say what I see.

quotes Ste B:

"Well at least theres 2 of us who think this way GAV."

Make that 3 Ste B.

Todd has done a great job for us this season, and had reason to be upset for being dropped last year by Souness, but he has racked up too many black marks in the past IMO.

I don't think u can get a better example than the Ferguson sitch as to why you NEVER give away the captaincy. He didn't earn it, and clearly doesn't respect it. I reckon Sav will prove in time that he is the man to lead Rovers, but he needs to earn it.

In the meantime, you've got Friedel, who is probly the first guy picked each week, is a model professional, clearly loves the club, and has shown many a time how vocal he can be on the pitch.

He doesn't need to be mobile on the pitch - he will do a good job leading the defence and as has been pointed out, we have guys like Savage, Flitcroft, Thompson and Tugay who are all experienced and know what needs to be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.