SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes will have a deep think about why and how the defensive unit which had become so strong and adaptible was reduced to jelly last night.

We all know why.... Matteo is crap ! Nissa should have played Left Back last night ! Ah well, it's over now blink.gif

As for Notlob, If Davies is playing.. expect them to play the long-ball game, if he's still injured then they are going to try and play a passing game.

Whichever, Rovers to win 3-1

And I'm gutted - I'm gonna miss this one mad.gif

and I'm gutted I'm gonna miss this one.

Which is, unfortunately, what the Rover's fanbase is all about! How can someone purporting to be a rover's fan NOT go to wattch our most local local derby? With the exception of The bastad Burnley there isn't a bigger we-want-to-win game! rolleyes.gif

Yeah .... lets turn this thread turn in to another I'm-a-better-fan-than-you thread too.

I won't be there (or at the Colchester game either). Live with it. I attend as many games as I can reasonably attend (however I am fortunate enough that this is the vast majority of games). I can't attend this one. Such is life. I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat, just with differing values of "reasonably".

Anyway, back on topic. Nice preview Scotty and Sox Mr Souness.

Yeah .... lets turn this thread turn in to another I'm-a-better-fan-than-you thread too.

I won't be there (or at the Colchester game either). Live with it. I attend as many games as I can reasonably attend (however I am fortunate enough that this is the vast majority of games). I can't attend this one. Such is life. I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat, just with differing values of "reasonably".

Little bit touchy aren't you? Let's be honest here, since Uncle Jack's money went Rovers gates are going too! Talk about fickle fans! Maybe we ought to get SAS back?

Little bit touchy aren't you? Let's be honest here, since Uncle Jack's money went Rovers gates are going too! Talk about fickle fans! Maybe we ought to get SAS back?

of course the best way to encourage a wider fanbase is to insult anyone who doesn't go to 40+ games a season. mad.gif

I tend to get to 5-10 games a season. If you go to 30+ then I salute you, but we all count as fans!

anyway - i think we'll nick this one 2-1. MGP and Dickov to do the honours (and Jaidi to score from a corner)

and great Preview Scotty!

The team, after last nights performance, seems to pick itself:

Stead      Gallagher

Pedersen       Savage      Thompson      Emerton

Johansson      Todd ©   Mokoena     Nelsen

Fredel

Subs:  Enckleman, Matteo, Flitcroft(if fit)/Ferguson?, Reid, Bothroyd

2-1 Rovers (Gallagher, Emerton)

Agree with all of that though would have Jansen and Neill on the bench rather than Boothroyd and Matteo. My big worry is hughes seems to favour Matteo playing. I watched the Arsenal-Bolton game and Diouf looked like a class player, especially when out wide, and would trounce Matteo.

Bit worried about our lack of presence up front, we really need another striker. With Stead and Gally playing the long ball is not an option, Pederson and Emo need to whip in lots of crosses and hopefully pin back Bolton. Todd should easily be able to manage pie boy Davies despite his decent form at Bolton. Looking at the team especially with our midfield we should have a couple of goals in us and Savage should add some much needed steel to the centre.

Tugay and Matteo should never play for Rovers again. One's shockingly inconsistent the others just shocking. Bringing on Flitty for the last 20 minutes should make sure we look a bit tougher in the final phase of the game as we want to avoid a repeat of the Cardiff game.

Back to wanderersway Micky, there's a good boy!

Fickle fans? That's a cracker coming from you lot.

Fantasy preview. laugh.gif

Can't see anything other than a Robbie Savage inspired win in this one, Bolton are still looking poor despite a recent improvement. I'll go for 2-0 to us.

Team:

Friedel

Nelsen Mokoena Todd Johansson

Emerton Thompson Savage Pedersen

Stead Jansen

2 goals in 3 starts for Jansen...surely worth a start given the number of goals everyone else has scored. Gally hasn't impressed by all accounts and Bothroyd looks like a Division One player.

Scotty - Ask your mate about El-Hadji Diouf - I work with a Bolton fan who a week or so ago went for a pint with a friend of his who works at the Reebok. He (my work colleague) was told that the "spitter" was gay and he had taken a shine to Kevin Nolan. Rumoured that Liverpool are unwilling to take him back because of his "persuasion." laugh.gif

Can most probably be taken with a pinch of salt but the story did come from a Wanderers fan who also works at the Reebok! tinykit.gif

• Backroom
Which is, unfortunately, what the Rover's fanbase is all about! How can someone purporting to be a rover's fan NOT go to wattch our most local local derby? With the exception of The bastad Burnley there isn't a bigger we-want-to-win game! rolleyes.gif

Because I won't be in Blackburn on Monday, I'll be at the Status Quo gig in Blackpool that I promised to take the wife to.. If the gig hadn't been postponed on the 16th December when it was originally scheduled for then I would have been ok, but postponed it was.. and the re-arranged date? Monday 24th Jan !!!

Not a true supporter ?? up yours mate mad.gif

of course the best way to encourage a wider fanbase is to insult anyone who doesn't go to 40+ games a season. mad.gif

I tend to get to 5-10 games a season. If you go to 30+ then I salute you, but we all count as fans!

anyway - i think we'll nick this one 2-1. MGP and Dickov to do the honours (and Jaidi to score from a corner)

and great Preview Scotty!

My point being; apart from buying yourself the odd home shirt, what do you do from your armchair?

• Backroom

MickyD... grow up you muppet !

Supporting your team isn't about attending every home and away match ! mad.gif

Ohhh hang on I get it now... MickyD... Micky Dingle !! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Edited by trueblue

• Backroom
If mickeyd is having a shot at Glenn when he actually goes to some games, what's he going to think of me wink.gif

Anyway, the Rovers to keep another clean sheet

2-0

He's going to think you got one ferkin great armchair mate wink.gif

And he's having a pop at me for missing one home match this season ! (I wouldn't mind, but I've already paid for it too sad.gif LOL)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.