SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notlob seem to in a good bit of nick, with 'gonna spit in a minute' especially playing very well at the moment. I am hoping that Nelson plays and that perhaps Boyth and gally to start up front

1-1, Gally for us and Nolan for them

24,000ish

Rodney Marsh is another pundit who doesn't believe we will win this one, predicting a 1-1 draw here.

To be honest, have to say I agree with him. A passionate local derby would have been perfect for Dickov but I can't see any of our other strikers getting many.

So, 1-1 with Savage scoring for us just because it would be perfect after all the brouhaha about him. With a shedload of yellow cards and a couple of sending offs as well.

Interesting read as usual from Scotty and Sox.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Friedel

Nelsen   Todd   Mokoenna   Nissa

Emerton  Savage   Thompson    Pedersen

Dickov    Bothroyd

Subs...Enckleman, Ferguson, Gallagher, Stead, Reid

Dickov suspended.

Good point clayton. God im tired, i wondered why everyone dropped Dickov in their teams wink.gif

Friedel

Nelsen Todd Mokoenna Nissa

Emerton Savage Thompson Pedersen

Jansen Bothroyd

Subs...Enckleman, Ferguson, Gallagher, Stead, Reid

just a small point! how come jansen made your revised starting 11 but didnt make the bench in your original 11? wink.gif

1 0 Rovers

Emerton

This'll be contentious but imo it'd be an idea to find a place for Flitcroft cos he is always hugely motivated for games against the Wanderers. He was also a strong candidate for MoM at the Reebok.

If fit Bothroyd must play as Gally and Stead are simply far too lightweight to play against Boltons back 4. (lightweight being OK if accompanied by trickery or pace but neither of em has any of that either).

Bothroyd and Jansen for me up front.

If fit Bothroyd must play as Gally and Stead are simply far too lightweight to play against Boltons back 4. (lightweight being OK if accompanied by trickery or pace but neither of em has any of that either).

It says on the Rovers website player profile but that Gally is 6 foot 1!

I've been trying to judge whether that is an exageration, but it's difficult when he's stood next to Dickov ;-)

Similarly Thommo is down as being 10 stone and MGP 11 stone. No-one ever says Thommo is lightweight, though. The exact opposite, in fact ;-)

More creativity from the website team?

Dan Lad

I think that we will play a 4-5-1 formation against Bolton with this starting lineup due to Dickovs suspension:

Friedel

Neill, Todd, Mokoena, Johansson

Emerton, Savage, Ferguson, Pedersen

Thompson

Bothroyd/Stead/Gallacher/Jansen (not sure who will get

to start of the strikers but I think Stead and Bothroyd has the most chance because of their aeral presence.)

wATch this space !!

Freidel

Nelsen / Mokoena / Todd / Johansson

Emerton / Savage / Thompson / MGP

Stead / Gallagher

I really hope Ferguson doesn't play for us while his future at the club is in the balance. He doesn't want to be here and I do not, for a second, think he will give us anything like 100%. It's time to give our new signings and players back from injury a consistent run in the team. I think this is the best line up we can put out.

We need to win this with our approaching fixtures. I think that in 5 weeks time we will be right back down there and these are the games we need to win.

I'd love us to win this one, but I think we will be hugely disapointed and that Bolton really will be up for it after their loss to us recently.

2-1 Bolton

We need to win this with our approaching fixtures. I think that in 5 weeks time we will be right back down there and these are the games we need to win.

Yes, with forthcoming fixtures and the fact that all the sides below us will be watching this fixture, after a weekend when they picked up points, we really need the win.

3 points for us will have double the demoralising effect on the lower echelons as it would effectively negate any gains they have made over the weekend. That's the plan anyway.

I'm not able to go as I've broken my foot and strained tendons in it too. Very painful, but at least I'll still be able to watch it on the box.

Dan Lad

Feel good about this one as only Chelsea and Manchester United have collected more points over the last five Premiership matches than BRFC. We do seem be the form team at the moment. This is a massive game for us, apart from being a local derby if we win could leapfrog that big team birmingham, pompey and be level on points on fulham. Also we would only be 1 point behind the barcodes (that is if they lose today which they are going the right way about it)

This might put a few noses out of joint, but I'm glad Tugay isn't playing tomorrow. He's a liability and has been completely anonymous when he's played recently. There's always a massively increased likelihood that we'll get overrun in midfield when he plays and in a local derby against the type of side that Boltion are it would be a recipe for disaster if he played. JMO.

However, given that he's not playing I think it is more likely that we'll win, and maybe even dominate certain passages of play.

This'll be contentious but imo it'd be an idea to find a place for Flitcroft cos he is always hugely motivated for games against the Wanderers. He was also a strong candidate for MoM at the Reebok.

Bothroyd and Jansen for me up front.

That i disagree with. Gallagher might not have tricks but he has a footballing brain and creates space with his running and passing, much like Sheringham. Stead has a fair bit of strength and while being genrally ineffective this season he has not performed any worse than Bothroyd and has been better than Jansen.

Stead and Gallagher should be given the nod on the basis of their decent performances as a partnership last season.

Rather bizarrely, despite being in 15th place we have actually lost less games than Liverpool, who are in fifth. If we win tonight we will only be nine points away from that fifth place. Outside the top and bottom four the teams are bunched up in such a way that a run of three of four wins will take a team away from worrying about a possible relegation scrap to be fighting for a European place. A win tonight alone would leave us just three points behind the top half of the table.

Shame we have such a difficult sequence of games coming up...mind you, it's not so long ago that we seemed to raise out game against the top teams. Hopefully Hughes can take us Back to the Future over the next couple of months. wink.gif

Rather bizarrely, despite being in 15th place we have actually lost less games than Liverpool, who are in fifth. If we win tonight we will only be nine points away from that fifth place. Outside the top and bottom four the teams are bunched up in such a way that a run of three of four wins will take a team away from worrying about a possible relegation scrap to be fighting for a European place. A win tonight alone would leave us just three points behind the top half of the table.

Shame we have such a difficult sequence of games coming up...mind you, it's not so long ago that we seemed to raise out game against the top teams. Hopefully Hughes can take us Back to the Future over the next couple of months. wink.gif

Noticed that myself. A win would also put us 5 points from 8th spot. Should be interesting to see how Sparky does given a full season. The top three are light years ahead of the rest, but apart from that I think the leagues pretty open. Everton don't have anything special and look where they are in the league! They were rubbish last season too. 1-0 win tonight with Savage scoring and getting booked. There will also be a funny moment when a Bolton player trips on the ball, probably around about the half hour mark.

Shows how good the Sun is, they have Dickov down to score the first goal.

FIRST GOALSCORER

6/1 Dickov

7/1 Davies

7/1 Gallagher

8/1 Diouf

12/1 Okocha

14/1 Thompson

14/1 Savage

14/1 Nolan

16/1 Emerton

22/1 Speed

28/1 Campo

40/1 Neill

Mind you they refer to Clackburn v Bolton laugh.gif

LINK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.