BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen

Although this is probably not the thread to discuss Gally, I have to say the one aspect of his game where he can provide quality is in his crossing. Perhaps a positional change is in order?

Agreed - it occured to me last night that we should give him a go wide right instead of Emerton, who never looks up, doesn't seem to know where anyone else is and just runs into trouble. rant over smile.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jansen may be equal with Gally or bothroyd but they aint good enough either.

Hopefully in summer we will let Bothroyd leave and also not renew jansens contract. Then hopefully get Bellamy and maybe one other. Some one like Henri Camara wouldnt be a bad signing

I agree with this post. Get rid of all three. It will save money, which will give us the opportunity to pay a good striker decent wages.

Jansen doesn't have it anymore. It pulls at many heartstrings as most Rovers fans remember how good he was, but he was the idiot who got on that moped. Gallagher isn't quick enough, and Bothroyd is lazy.

I also think Camara is a waste of time. He's playing well right now for a bad team. I feel he's playing for a contract; one of the many mercenaries that come into the English game. He spat out his dummy at Wolves when they went down and gave them no choice but to off him. Dave Jones did say though that Camara was partly responsible because he didn't socre enough goals.

As I write Prutton has got a 10 game ban. Good.

As I write Prutton has got a 10 game ban. Good.

Which is all very well - but for for pushing a referee he gets that -yet for blatant cheating Spitter diouf got eff all - another sign on the incompetence of our our F All organisation.

Although this is probably not the thread to discuss Gally, I have to say the one aspect of his game where he can provide quality is in his crossing. Perhaps a positional change is in order?

Agreed - it occured to me last night that we should give him a go wide right instead of Emerton, who never looks up, doesn't seem to know where anyone else is and just runs into trouble. rant over smile.gif

Good points but I'm not so sure of Gally's tracking back and defensive duties.

But as my mate has said since day one, Emerton couldn't beat an egg.

Agreed CLB - Gally's defensive work probbably isn't as good as Emertons, altho Emo has been known to pull out of the odd challenge. But if Gally was more of a threat going forwards then he would tend to push the opposing fullback back anyway...I do't know I reckon its worth a go.

Jansen may be equal with Gally or bothroyd but they aint good enough either.

Hopefully in summer we will let Bothroyd leave and also not renew jansens contract. Then hopefully get Bellamy and maybe one other. Some one like Henri Camara wouldnt be a bad signing

I agree with this post. Get rid of all three. It will save money, which will give us the opportunity to pay a good striker decent wages.

How can you advocate selling Gallagher? That is so idiotic but typical of the short-term myopia suffered by some fans.

Gallagher only a few years back was the exciting young forward who was scoring hat-tricks and braces every other reserve game. And reserve regulars will remind you that he wasn't just scoring tap-ins, his rise to the first team was boosted by a number of spectacular goals he scored for the reserves.

Yes, his progress has stagnated, big time. However, young players go through ruts - some even go off the rails. But Rovers have to stick by Gallagher - at least for a season or two - to see if he can regain that form.

I can see why people want Jansen and Bothroyd to go - but Gally is here to stay - for a while anyway.

How can you advocate selling Gallagher? That is so idiotic but typical of the short-term myopia suffered by some fans.

Gallagher only a few years back was the exciting young forward who was scoring hat-tricks and braces every other reserve game. And reserve regulars will remind you that he wasn't just scoring tap-ins, his rise to the first team was boosted by a number of spectacular goals he scored for the reserves.

Yes, his progress has stagnated, big time. However, young players go through ruts - some even go off the rails. But Rovers have to stick by Gallagher - at least for a season or two - to see if he can regain that form.

I can see why people want Jansen and Bothroyd to go - but Gally is here to stay - for a while anyway.

I wouldn't say myopic. He has failed to improve, he's not going through a bad patch. The reserves and first team are two completely different animals Would you have these feelings toward Gallagher if he wasn't a local lad?

He may be better off under a different manager, plenty of players are.

I think he just needs to be nurtured into the role of a starter by being brought in late in games. That is the role he excelled in last season, that he hasn't been given much this season.

jansen was a good player and a goal scorer before he got injured and now he is back he is proving he is still capable of scoring i would like to see him get a new 1 year contract put him on loan and if he scores alot offer him a contract extension

At least there appears to be no more bothroyd in a blue and white Rovers shirt. He is back off to italy and lets hope he stays there cause he is not welcome at Rovers after all of those inept displays.

so long ya big lummox mad.gif

rover.gif due to medical research we were fortunate enough to see young matty play for the blues again after his LIFE threatening accident.it has not worked,i would prefer him to retire and become a tv pundit than run round the championship grounds,a great shame and a massive waste of talent.that roman taxi driver has a lot to answer for tinykit.gif

The Express are reporting that Jansen is also now out for the rest of the season meaning he has played his last game for the club.

I am saddened and disappointed if this is true.

Same story in the red tops. Hughes quoted as saying that "they will be discussing his future at the end of the season". Bye bye Matt.

Does "Matt's had a few problems this season" refer to his injuries or something else?

I'm gutted for him that he won't be able to stay on but accept that Rovers are not a charity so he cant. Maybe go into coaching?

Does "Matt's had a few problems this season" refer to his injuries or something else?

I'm gutted for him that he won't be able to stay on but accept that Rovers are not a charity so he cant. Maybe go into coaching?

I think he will be able to make a good career in the Championship. He might even come back to haunt us....

Still, he has been poor for too long now and he wont be going broke, thats for sure. Sad to see him go but it is time to look to free up money for a new signing.

Gutted. My favourite Rovers player. Fell in love with him on his debut. Will always remember his goal. Turned to my dad and said "He looks pretty good doesn't he?" my dad responded with- "He keeps running round in circles beating the same man" Just as he finished that sentence, Matt flicked the ball up, spun with Sol Campbell at his back and volleyed it in the bottom corner. So many great memories of the man. His goal at Cardiff (think he finished top scorer in league cup that season), his goals that got us promoted, his goal at deepdale, his brace against burnley and preston at ewood. The hat trick against arsenal. An absolute joy to watch. I hate Eriksson to this day for the whole thing. Souness was told Matty was going to the world cup- instead he brings in bloody Keown, Matty goes on holiday and the rest is history.

Terrible shame regarding matty`s situation sad.gif

although i do tend to agree that he`s had time to make a comeback (2 yrs??) & has unfortunately not regained his old form. BRFC is a footballing business which is run on a tight budget. Alas fond memories & good feelings towards Matt Jansen cannot be allowed to blur the hard facts that he is now becoming a drain on resourses that could be better spent elsewhere. sad.gif

Good luck in the future Matt. You`ll always be loved by the Blackburn faithful!! thumbs-up.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There was an interview with JW on radio lancs last night. I didn't catch it all, as I was travelling to Anfield.

Part of the interview I heard was that Matty was not with the club at the moment, because of doctors advice. JW did say that he hoped Matt would be back with us next season.

Anyone hear the full interview?

There was an interview with JW on radio lancs last night. I didn't catch it all, as I was travelling to Anfield.

Part of the interview I heard was that Matty was not with the club at the moment, because of doctors advice. JW did say that he hoped Matt would be back with us next season.

Anyone hear the full interview?

I did Den - mentioned about Jansen being away from the club in Rehab but didn't say where

Also went into discussion re the contracts of players that are due up and that he is due to sit down with MH over Eatser re these and also re next season even though they know what they want/need.

He commented upon the gap getting wider re the distribution of of funds in the game and how hefeels only the 3 usuual suspects have a chance of winning the title now adding Newcastle and Liverpool as only another two possible giants to compete.

Also about the game last night and how we would be different to last season.

The full interview is the BBC Radio Lancashire site -

VIEW FROM THE BOARDROOM

It was the lack of information I found worrying. Is it his leg? is it his head? why does he need to be away from the club?

He did say he hoped he'd be at the club next year but it doesn't look too good. Or is that me. Not too good a job from the commentator here methinks. Ask the bloody questions!

On the official site, Lee grooby wrote that there was more chance of him getting a game this season than Matt Jansen.

I suppose that is a variant to the usual Grooby voting option!

I have always felt Matty would be with us at the start of next season despite the "cruel to be kind" brigade on here. If he were to move on, he needs to be in some sort of shop window- even if it is the reserves or loan to the dingles. That hasn't happened for Matty so which club is going to risk signing him?

The gulf between his pre-accident contracted wage and the amounts even Championship players make means that it has probably made sense for Matty, the club and insurers to strike a deal both over the contract following the original accident and now he is away for three months. I wouldn't be surprised if Matty's sabatical is at no or little cost to the club but that it has bought him an extension into next season.

I know I now see no Rovers games in the flesh but I have seen enough flashes of Matty to know he still has ability. He is our 4th leading scorer this season despite playing virtually no games and carrying a crippling injury whilst playing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.