BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 1

its defo next wed night is it.....just trying to wangle a fast one to get off nights for a week so I can make it to see matteo neill and macca excell to bring rovers in for a shock 2-0 victory ,stead to score 2 and chelsea to promptly buy him for 50 million .

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to this match. It's a bit like the Arsenal visit of two or three seasons back when they were really flying. OK we may well get stuffed but Rovers will be up for this, Chelsea are a fabulous team so it could be a great night to watch a game of footie.....and if we could nick it, well that would be a real buzz!! smile.gif I shall go to Ewood in hope rather than expectation but you never know...........

I do hope Duffer plays and we can all give him the standing ovation he deserves beforehand.

Emmerton does seem to bash his bishops role with great regularity but now his his time to prove his real worth to the

The idea is if Flitcroft wins the ball deep he plays it wide to Emmerton or MGP low risk, if its central then the others have to run with the ball to give the others time to get into threatening positions. Running with the ball is key without losing it under pressure central or wide with movement upfront essential.

Each attack must end with a shot at goal and back we re group pressuring Chelsea.

Edited by JAL

I am with Nayaef on this one (although we have had previous disagreements!)

5-0 Chelsea

a right real spanking for Rovers.

Chelsea are on a roll and are looking invincible as they want to sow the title up as soon as they can. If they win at home to Brum, then spank Rovers I think they will only need another 5 wins to virtually guarantee the title.

Now thats frightening

FFS I hope the players don't read this site.

Unfortunately, Chelsea can't be outplayed (with the possible exception of maybe Arsenal), and seemingly no longer can be bullied or worn down - although Bolton made a pretty good stab at it.

Can't see us scoring so the only way we'll get anything out of this is to approach it like an away match. I'd stick 5 in midfield with Dickov up front and either MGP or Emerton tasked with supporting him. And then try and hang on...

In terms of quality, we aren't in the same universe as Chelsea. They should be able to tear us to pieces. In terms of work-rate, less so. We are fighting very hard, and sometimes that can get you a result even when you are completely outclassed. Plus after we did the double over Arsenal a few seasons ago, I believe anything is possible.

My prediction : Rovers 1-1 Chelsea

C'MON ROVERS !!!!! rover.giftinykit.gif

There is absolutely NOTHING we can do with current personnel to attempt to win. I think we're verging on dangerous insanity to suggest that we could draw, actually.

Bang goes the goal difference again!!

Robben v Matteo- the thought makes you weep!!!

Never mind- it COULD be worse. Amoruso could be fit and Hughes could have a lobotomy and attempt to play him. Drogba v Amoruso!!! Makes Matteo seem adequate now, doesn't it?????

A 0-0 or maybe a flukey 1-0 to Rovers is a good as optimistic as I can get, but we do have a chance.

We have been defending well lately. If we can maintina concentration for 90 mins + injury time, we may be able to shut them out. If we're really luck we'll get a goal from a set-piece, or just some total fluke (like Duffs winner last night).

I haven't given up yet! Is this match on Sky?

A 0-0 or maybe a flukey 1-0 to Rovers is a good as optimistic as I can get, but we do have a chance.

We have been defending well lately. If we can maintina concentration for 90 mins + injury time, we may be able to shut them out. If we're really luck we'll get a goal from a set-piece, or just some total fluke (like Duffs winner last night).

I haven't given up yet! Is this match on Sky?

Sky - yes tinykit.gif

For what its worth:

Dickov    Gallagher(or a new striker?)

Pedersen      Savage    Ferguson    Emerton

Johansson      Mokoena    Todd    Niell

Friedel

Subs:  Enckleman,  Nelsen,  Thompson, Reid, Stead

Unless we manage to get a quality striker in I cannot see how we can hurt Chelsea at all. The midfield is going to have to stay deep and work hard to just prevent Chelsea tearing us apart (nullifying any chance of midfield goals) and I cannot see Gallagher or Dicov getting the better of their mean mean defence.

Set peices are going to produce the best chances for us, but we must be one of the worst sides at setpieces in the league........

0-2 Chelsea (Duff, Lampard)

It will take a momumental effort to get anything out of this, but if.....

the weather is abso-bloody-lutely freezing,

Rovers get an early shot on goal and the crowd roar,

the crowd get the players going and the players get the crowd going,

Rovers get a goal off Stead's backside or a floodlight or something similar,

Freidel has the game of his life and...

14 Cheslea players have an off night, then we might snatch a point. tongue.gif

I do pray for one of those great night matches at Ewood, but I just think we should be looking at damage limitation as we are going to be sucked right down into a dog fight very soon.

Edited by Martin

Our hope is not much but it may be possible to avoid a defeat if we play a 4-5-1.

Thommo, Flitcroft and Tugay(is he fit?) in the centre and MGP and Emerton on the wings. Dickov up front!

Our defence needs to work a lot, to be very lucky and that Friedel makes one of the best games of his life.

well, a man can dream, right? biggrin.gif

Being realistic I'll go for an away win. 2-0 to Chelski.

But, we've nothing to fear. On the night, if we're up for it and give Chelsea a real go, then who knows.

Just need players like Todd and Savage to put an early hard challenge on the likes of Robben and co.

"You're just a small town in Moscow."

Edited by roversismylife

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.