BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 1

I cant recall when was the last time I expected absolutely nothing from a home game against even a big team.But thankfully it has nothing to do with our team,but with theirs.

They are the best team in Europe right now,and have one of the best managers of all time.

0-3 is all I see.

Duff to score,but he better not celebrate it! dry.gif

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Jim might say, when everything is going so well, something is bound to come along and upset the apple-cart.I'm sure it's not us but we could speculate where Mourinho would be if Porto had lost to Manchester United last season when a Manchester goal was incorrectly ruled out.

I shall be taking my seat in the Darwen End, and as the kick off is taken I will be putting my fingers in my ears, closing my eyes and singing"la la la la la do do do do wa wa wa " for the whole match

Makes sense to me, anyone care to join me I`m in seat 82 row 20.

I think Hughesy will play 5 across the midfield in an attampt to spoil the game.

1. Brad FRIEDEL

2. Lucas NEILL

24. Andrew TODD ©

15. Aaron MOKOENA

22. Dominic MATTEO

7. Brett EMERTON

8. TUGAY

5. Gary FLITCROFT

31. Robbie SAVAGE

12. Morten Gamst PEDERSEN

10. Paul DICKOV

subs

13. Peter ENCKLEMAN

29. Ryan NELSEN

28. Jemal JOHNSON

18. Steven REID

19. Paul GALLAGHER

Rovers 0-2 Chelsea

Edited by rog of the rovers

I promise you we will win this one. 1 or maybe 2 nil

I am certain of this because I will be sat in a depressing German hotel room with nowhere to watch it so it's bound to be an historic victory.

We could be on a winner here. My lad will be touching down in Sydney at the moment we kick off - if the plane is on time. He'll be doing all that customs, immigration stuff as Rovers grab a stunning victory huh.gif

I have a mysteriously good feeling about this game - a feeling we'll come frome this game with something (point(s)) or boosted morale). Think it will depend on wether we'll sign a striker during the day and wether Ferguson stays or not. I'll go out on a limb and predict a goaldry, scrappy affair that'll end with a 1-goal victory to one of the sides or a 1-1 draw, Would be good for the boys to be the first team to score on Chelsea in the league 2005(?). Up the Rovers!! rover.gif

Im not sure if this means anything, but i was on the Rovers site and looking at buying my Norwich ticket online. Had a look at the chels game and the only tickets you can get are for Jack Walker upper central and Darwen Lower. Dos that mean the rest of the ground is sold out or am i reading too much into it? Btw, for the norwich game, you can buy every stand on the net, so its not like they are unavailible for some reason.

I would say Chels by the odd goal, would love to be wrong, but just cant see it. Only hope that Moron plays a slightly weakened team or something.

Brad

Nelson Todd 'Axe' Matteo

Emerton Savage Thommo MGP

Dickov Stead

Hmmm... been thinking about this and as we look like we are going to get no strikers, Dickov could be injured and Ferguson seems to be off I would suggest this team.

Pedersen    Johnson

Emerton      Flitcroft      Savage      Reid

Johansson    Mokoena    Todd ©  Nelsen

Friedel

Subs:  Matteo, Enckleman, Thompson, Gallagher, Stead

I think that is roughly the football equivalent of a brick wall. I think, barring transfer developments, this is what Hughes will go for too (Well, swap Matteo for Johansson and Nelsen for Niell- but same idea)

Edited by joey_big_nose

i dont know how many chelsea will score, and i don't wanna predict. but i'm sure the score line will start with a big fat 0. so the best we can do will be a goaless draw. but with individual matchups like duff & robben vs matteo & neill, jemal johnson and MGP vs terry and gallas... i'm not at all optimistic. not at all.

that means: rovers 0 - chelsea ??? (more like whatever they fancy)

I'm not looking forward to this match at all. I'm already very depressed by Barry leaving and his disrespect for our club, and the state of our unreinforced strike 'force'.

Chelsea will probably shaft us (again). They must be laughing their socks off at the thought of this match. And to make things worse it's going to be televised. mad.gif

A big fat 0 for Rovers; Chelsea 4.

Where's the gin?

You lot are very pessimistic! wink.gif

I predict that we will get a goal by arguably our best finisher -- MGP -- to make the final scoreline "1 - 0 to the Rovers". ohmy.gif

I just realised that the match will kick-off on my birthday (GMT time). Hopefully I get a birthday present! unsure.gif

If they don't win, then I will be getting extra stick from the Chelsea fans in my household. I already get way too much. sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.