• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedersen     Johnson

Emerton      Flitcroft      Savage      Reid

Johansson    Mokoena     Todd ©   Nelsen

Friedel

Subs:  Matteo, Enckleman, Thompson, Gallagher, Stead

This sounds like a really dumb post but hey!How do you get your posts so that you can actually see the formation your team plays? Whenever i post what the team should be it just lines up down the left side.

I dreamt that Stead scored a cracker last night. Looping cross from wide left (not sure if it took a deflection). Centre half flat footed as the ball drops over him. Not anther defender in sight. Stead controls with his left thigh and wacks the ball past the keepers right hand from just inside the area. Oh, he's at the B'burn End too.

You mark my words...;-)

I dreamt that Stead scored a cracker last night. Looping cross from wide left (not sure if it took a deflection). Centre half flat footed as the ball drops over him. Not anther defender in sight. Stead controls with his left thigh and wacks the ball past the keepers right hand from just inside the area. Oh, he's at the B'burn End too.

You mark my words...;-)

EH?

I dreamt of kirsty last week.

I'm still waiting and nothing's happened.

unsure.gif

Hi all ! Chelsea will play 4-5-1 and we will too...

Probably lineup:

Friedel

Neill, Mokoena, Todd, Johansson (been rested for a while) or Matteo

Emerton, Flitcroft, Savage, Thompson, Pedersen

Dickov (if fit) or Stead

Subs: Nelsen, Enckel, Gallacher, Reid, Tugay

Chelsea probable formation:

Chech/Cudicini

Ferreira, Terry, Huth/Gallas, Bridge

Robben, Tiago, Lampard, Makele, Duff

Gudjohnson or Drogba

Subs: Cudicini, Smertin, Cole, Kezman, Jarosick.

sounds tuff...

I'm thinking we keep it close and in about the 85th minute, Stead nicks a cheap goal that kick starts his season.

That being said - a defense with 18 clean sheets in the Prem against our strike force?

I'm sticking 30 quid on a rovers win.  Someone WILL beat chelsea soon.

Are you crazy Dave???

Nope, no-one makes much betting on favourites wink.gif

£195 if we win

Last weekends accumulator more than covered the £30 anyway.

nice one, pints on you if you win!

I've gone the route of OssyDave and put money on the game...a 1-0 win via a Savage goal (I'm thinking free kicks you see...) would see me get £400 or so....here's hoping anyway.

According to BBC, Jansen is back in the squad so I'd like to see him play, he did score in his last game afterall and has 2 goals in 3 starts...he's worth a go if Dickov is out. With Chelsea playing the way they do there's probably only one formation that we can use and that's 4-5-1, otherwise Lampard, Makelele and Tiago would overrun us in the centre.

Friedel

Neill   Todd   Mokoena   Johansson
               Savage 
          Tugay      Thompson 
Emerton                         Pedersen
               Jansen

Subs: Enckelman, Matteo, Reid, Flitty, Stead

I've gone the route of OssyDave and put money on the game...a 1-0 win via a Savage goal (I'm thinking free kicks you see...) would see me get £400 or so....here's hoping anyway.

According to BBC, Jansen is back in the squad so I'd like to see him play, he did score in his last game afterall and has 2 goals in 3 starts...he's worth a go if Dickov is out.  With Chelsea playing the way they do there's probably only one formation that we can use and that's 4-5-1, otherwise Lampard, Makelele and Tiago would overrun us in the centre.

Friedel

Neill   Todd   Mokoena   Johansson
               Savage 
          Tugay      Thompson 
Emerton                         Pedersen
               Jansen

Subs: Enckelman, Matteo, Reid, Flitty, Stead

I cannot see Johnson being left out. He scored in the last game afterall and we need scorers (even if it was against Colchester).

Goodpoint about us being over run, but surely if we stick five in the middle without having a player to hold up the ball we will just surrender posession.

Look at the Man U Boro game last sat. No way of hurting Utd till they got a second striker on. Brum Chelsea was the same. The simple fact is Chelsea have the wingers (Duff,Robben) of a high enough quality to support the main striker (Drogba, Gudjohnsen) who is strong and technically good enough to hold on to the ball. We have none of those things.

Five midfielders might well play but Pedersen will play off the front man if so. Has anyone noticed how good he is in the air? I was supised- wingers are usually so poor. He could teach Stead a thing or two.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I dont know whats this obsession with some people wanting to play MGP up front.

Just cause a midfielder can score goals,doesnt mean he should play as a striker!

Anyways,a word on the captaincy.I think Toddy will get it,though I have no issues with that,I wouldnt mind seeing Lucas leading us.

If we can get the first goal, then that will crucial, after reviewing all the stats, Chelsea have only gone behind to start games 3 times this season, and only winning those once, so if we can get that first goal then it could be very important.

For me, I would either have a 4-4-2 with Jansen/Dickov up front, or 4-5-1 with Tugay, Thompson and Savage in the middle and Emerton / Gamst Pedersen as wingers.

How will the Ewood faithful treat Damien Duff then?

Would like to think we treat him well, it's not his fault Souness threw away the transfer money.. I'm not saying we should applaud him like maniacs, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve booing - and he should get a good round of applause before the game - and if he leaves the pitch before the end of the game.. (like Dunnie)

For me, I would either have a 4-4-2 with Jansen/Dickov up front, or 4-5-1 with Tugay, Thompson and Savage in the middle and Emerton / Gamst Pedersen as wingers.

How will the Ewood faithful treat Damien Duff then?

Would like to think we treat him well, it's not his fault Souness threw away the transfer money.. I'm not saying we should applaud him like maniacs, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve booing - and he should get a good round of applause before the game - and if he leaves the pitch before the end of the game.. (like Dunnie)

A good case in point. Duff respected the club and went when Rovers were satisfied by the price/ release clause was triggered. Unlike a different scumbag.

Duff was as good to Rovers as anybody in the last twenty years. Showed more respect than Shearer or Dunn for example.

Deserves a cheer. Hopefully he wont, along with Robben, destroy us.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I'm thinking we keep it close and in about the 85th minute, Stead nicks a cheap goal that kick starts his season.

That being said - a defense with 18 clean sheets in the Prem against our strike force?

It's one of those weird ones, where you know they'll get 5 or something. I know I'm talking crap now, and they won't, but you know what I mean? As long as we go out and play well I'll be happy, regardless of the final score, just have a good feeling about this for some reason. Though for the past couple of months I've had a good feeling about all Rovers matches.

We won't get humiliated and I can see it being an extremely tight contest.

Trouble is, even if we restrict them to "Nil" can't for the life of me see where a goal from us is going to come from.

If anyone fancies a bet on us there are some extremely tasty odds on offer.

Rovers to win 6/1

Rovers half time/ full time 14/1 !!!!!

Emerton to score 1st 14/1

etc.

I've gone for a couple of bets...Savage to score 1st goal at 25/1 looked good as there's always a chance he'll knock in a free kick...I've also done another bet for us to win 1-0 with Savage scoring, got 120/1 for that.

I just feel we may keep it tight for the whole game then Savage will put away a set piece. Here's hoping anyway.

Ever the optimist - we haven't got a hope in hell. The only way to get anything from this is to borrow the spuds team bus, put it and the rovers team bus and all 11 players across the goal line and hope for the best. If we try to play them at their own game, football, we will be lucky to keep the gap down to less than 5.

Presuming Mark Hughes disagrees with my suggested formation, he should at least get everyone to kick lumps out of them with Savage showing them how, wind them up, start a mass brawl and hope more of theirs get sent off than ours.

Dickov was less than 100th of the drogba price, imagine that, 100 Paul Dickov's AAAAAHHHHHGGG!!!

Interesting. A poll perhaps - 100 Dickovs or 1 Drogba? wink.gif

Morning all...

It's a good question that. That's a very good question. While Dickov has many qualities I don't think we should have 100 Dickovs.

For one, the squad would be far too big. Too many strikers. And all called Dickov. How would Hughes know which one to pick? One of the Dickov's might do something brilliant in training and Hughes would want to pick him for the next match, only for one of the other sneaky Dickov's to take the other Dickov's place. How would Hughes know the difference? I tell you, he wouldn't.

I don't like the sound of 100 Dickov's. No thank you. But I would take a hand full of Dickov's instead of just the one Drogba. So long as the hand full of Dickov's don't mind having their squad number tatooing on their forehead to avoid confusion. They'd have to have different numbers mind or it's still going to be confusing.

Besides it'll never happen anyway now that the transfer window has shut. I blame FIFA.

Chelsea have conceded just 8 league goals this season. Time for them to concede another tonight. Heaven knows how or who. 1 - 1. Let's say MGP for us and Lampard for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.