SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 - 0 Colchester Utd

Paul

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davison's howler, a complete mis-kick when under no pressure whatsoever from Kevin Watson's back pass, gifted Rovers the lead on 20 minutes and is a goal that will be shown on television for many years to come.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Mat...3~28989,00.html

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by James No. 7

Jemal Johnson is one of the quickest, fastest and skillfulled player in the premiership!! Well done scoring! May it continue long!! Great rovers!

er not wishin got pee on your fire - but dont talk ######

what do you mean? don't be unpleasant.

Jemal Johnson is one of the quickest, fastest and skillfulled player in the premiership!! Well done scoring! May it continue long!! Great rovers!

er not wishin got pee on your fire - but dont talk ######

what do you mean? don't be unpleasant.

He means that "Jemal Johnson is one of the quickest, fastest and skillfulled player in the premiership!" is a ridiculous claim.

I agree. I can name tens more strikers in the Premiership who are quicker, faster, and more skillful than Johnson.

He hasn't even started a Premiership game yet, either!

Glad to be through to the next round, where we will hopefully draw lower league opposition, so we have more of a chance of progressing into the quarter finals. A game at Ewood against Burnley wouldn't be half bad. It might even be shown on the tv.

Not the best game in the world, but we won and we're through.

Nobody stood out particuarly as a star. Todd looked solid again and very comfortable, Savage did a lot of running and putting pressure on Colchester.

Well taken goal by Jemal Johnson, can only do his confidence the world of good. Matteo scored, there is a god.

Emerton made a few decent runs but nothing really came of that.

All in all, not the best game but we're in for the Fifth Round of the hat and that's all that counts.

Burnley away please.

And the attendance was dissapointing yet again.

Blackburn 3-0 Colchester

For me it was a game completely devoid of quality.

Nelsen looks a better bet than Mokoena to me.

Tugay was the only passer of quality on the pitch and Pederson is looking better and better to me.

Johnson despite the goal looks light years from a Premiership striker.

Edited by Brownie

Good result as I had feared for a much tighter game than that. Bournemouth proved how tough playing lower league opposition can be so this was a professional performance from the boys. One thing though-if Hughes didn't give Stead a start against these boys in an effort to get his confidence up then he'll never start him in the prem. Expect us to get a striker in on loan and perhaps Stead to go to a Championship club on loan.

Got to be major changes for the Chelsea match - today was farcical.Jemal J. was like a little boy. Matteo like a caveman. Nelson a big improvement but where was Nissa and Matty? Absolute travesty unless they are included on Wednesday.

And thank God for Savage and Todd for all the tidying up they did from ALL the misplaced passes ( 50% from Thommo the headless chicken). Come back "Soft Bazza" its not that bad down here.

And 10,600 is a stain on a so called Premiership Club. Use it or lose it. Personally I'm sick of all your excuses. Lets have a poll and see how many on the Members list actually went. Thank god the drummer turned up.

Thenodrug I'm with you - I fear for our medium-term future.

Mark Hughes has indicated that he decided that fergie wasnot in the right frame of mind and the he just wants the deadline to pass before he sits down and sorts him out.

Rangers reporting that talks are not dead and that there are behind the scenes talks going on

I have to agree with an earlier post, that Nelson looks better than Mokoena. There's something about Mokoena that makes me uncomfortable when he has the ball, I think he some hidden Amoruso qualities. Nelson looked to keep it simple and defended well, unlucky nottoo score also.

Savage hasn't done anything to impress me yet. But I shall wait.

Johnson played extremely well. Reminds me of Defoe great movement and always bright. I would stick him above Stead in the pecking order.

rover.gif

Strange game today, feel sorry for their keeper who apart from the obvious error ,had quite a decent game as did most of the Colchester players, all credit to them they could have totally folded after that gaff, they played some half decent football, and if their striker had been in any form they would have scored. All credit to colchester fans as well.

There's something about Mokoena that makes me uncomfortable when he has the ball, I think he some hidden Amoruso qualities.

He always seems to be under pressure. Never has time on the ball. The way he plays, he also looks like he's gonna get sent off for dragging someone back.

However, he is young and does have certain attributes, if channelled properly gives him a chance of making a career over here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.