Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY.

I wouldnt sell Emerton.

We have still to see his best,which will surely come.

Reid isnt a replacement,neither is Thommo.

Put it this way - we'd be a better team with Bellamy in than Emerton if you had to choose between the two.

Keeping both would be better but it's a quality forward we need most.

Sunday Star? Isn't that owned by Gold and Sullivan.

Those semi-erectile, non-perverters of public morals who also own Hustler, Birmingham City and Anne Summers and other such tasteless tat?

That said, I'd much prefer to Thommo wide right and Bellamy up front in the middle to the line-ups we had against Notlob.

i thought he owned the sport, not the star

saying that mind, theres not much difference between the two

Hasnt Emo started every league match he's been available for since MH took over? I cant imagine him being used as a make-weight in a move, when he is clearly one of the mamangers first names o nthe teamsheet. I would rather let go of Thommo if he had to lose a decent wide player, and even then I'd be reluctant to do that.

Can't see the signing of Bellamy depending on us selling to fund the deal (especially with less than 48 hours to the close of the transfer window), nor a first team regular being used to balance things up.

I would expect that the money for the transfer has been made available from the trustees once they were informed we had a realistic chance of landing him.

I may be wrong on this, but I thought that should an out of the ordinary situation present itself (such as the Andy Cole scenario) that the club could approach the trustees to see whether one off funding would be available.

Hasnt Emo started every league match he's been available for since MH took over? I cant imagine him being used as a make-weight in a move, when he is clearly one of the mamangers first names o nthe teamsheet. I would rather let go of Thommo if he had to lose a decent wide player, and even then I'd be reluctant to do that.

i would rather keep thompson than emerton

mainly because thompson is class on football manager

Is this conversation really taking place?

Back on topic, which is better?

Emerton, Ferguson, Carew.

Emerton, Bellamy- Sell Ferguson

Bellamy, Ferguson- Sell Emerton.

Theres actually a chance of Emerton, Ferguson and Bellamy, which though unlikely, would be great.

Edited by shillito15

Is this conversation really taking place?

Back on topic, which is better?

Emerton, Ferguson, Carew.

Emerton, Bellamy- Sell Ferguson

Bellamy, Ferguson- Sell Emerton.

Theres actually a chance of Emerton, Ferguson and Bellamy, which though unlikely, would be great.

shilito, ferguson, emo, bellamy will be fantastic, but only if everyone's happy.

right now, my preferred option in an ideal world will be ferguson in a straight swap for bellamy. however, if ferguson is still here this time tomorrow, then there is a chance he might actually realise that this club is ambitious and going somewhere, and give it a real go. i wouldnt mind starting afresh with him, but he has to assure us fans that he's worth it, and more importantly, want it.

unless we move in quickly,i dont think bellamy will stick around.he will join them if no one comes in for him,as i doubt he wants to sit in the dugout for 6 months.

I think its very unlikely that IF Rovers did want him, that we would not have already made a bid for him.

unfortunate but probably true greggyk.

then again we might have made a bid but kept it hush,or things are going on behind the scenes.

no no no, you missed my point Bobby.

Its probably true that rovers want him and i was just saying that rovers would have made a bid .So there is no need to worry that its too late.

One possibility is that rovers are still after him on loan. If Bellamy were to turn Brum down, that would leave Newcastle with two options - keep him and pay his wages even though they wont play him, or loan him out.

I know they said they wouldn't accept a loan but that may be the only real choice for them.

It's all down to Bellamy really.

they are a very big club and like yourselves and aston villa u may hav big earners who never feature in the 1st team

I reckon newcastle will not be bullied into this and he will rot or join a championship club for the rest of the season

Newcastle are not exactly safe from relegation so why risk loaning him out to a team who is also battling to stay up

they are a very big club and like yourselves and aston villa u may hav big earners who never feature in the 1st team

I reckon newcastle will not be bullied into this and he will rot or join a championship club for the rest of the season

Newcastle are not exactly safe from relegation so why risk loaning him out to a team who is also battling to stay up

He'll only join a championship team if he wants to. They could let him rot, but that's gonna cost Newcastle a fortune to do that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.