SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro 1 - 0 Rovers.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Phillipl.

Cant see us getting wins against those 6-8th place perrenial teams like Boro,Spurs,Villa,etc...

But it was away victories at Boro and Villa last season that helped keep us up?

It's the time for the Johnny Stead show - just tell him we have just signed him , as of last year and see if he conjures up the winner.

We where outplayed last year considerably but defended fairly well except for Neill who was given the run around by Downing.

Can see us doing the opposite this year though by playing well but not posing much of threat to the Boro goal giving away another soppy goal and succumbing to a 1-0 defeat.

My team:

Dickov    Pedersen

Emerton    Mokoena    Savage    Reid

Johansson    Nelsen    Todd ©  Niell (no one else to replace him...)

Friedel

Subs: Enckleman, Amoruso , Thompson, Stead, Gallagher

Got to be optimistic..... 2-1 Rovers.

ps. Just realised that if this team plays, which I think is quite likely, then we will only have one English player on the pitch. And only 3 (4 if you cont Reid) British players- which is a bit of a shame.

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Backroom

We're due to give someone a right tonking ! and I can't think of anyone better than Boro to be on the receiving end of it (apart from those puffters from Chelsea of course - but we missed that boat tongue.gif )

4-0 to Rovers !

If everyone is fit, I would imagine that the team will be as Wednesday - if it is - I am going for Rovers to sneak a 1-0 win.

I think that this formation could see us get some unlikely points against the higher placed teams that we have to play against over the next few weeks.

Though I still worry about us scoring against teams like Norwich - which ultimately may prove more important than the odd point against Liverpool or United.

Guest gazzair

I've just been over to the bbc website to look at lawrensons prediction.

"This is not a match I particularly want to see.

Middlesbrough did not manage to win in the Premiership during January and have injury problems at the moment.

But Blackburn had a difficult match against Chelsea in midweek and it is probably a good time to play them."

I just cant believe how many things are wrong with that statement, that is what he should be writing about chelsea! wink.gif

I'll go for 1-1 in this, no idea why...just a feeling.

Can't understand why everyone is putting Pedersen up front when he looked like the only player created anything from midfield against Chelsea, personally I'd go like this:

Friedel

Nelsen Todd Mokoena Johansson

Emerton Tugay Savage Pedersen

Dickov Jansen

I've just been over to the bbc website to look at lawrensons prediction.

"This is not a match I particularly want to see.

Middlesbrough did not manage to win in the Premiership during January and have injury problems at the moment.

But Blackburn had a difficult match against Chelsea in midweek and it is probably a good time to play them."

I just cant believe how many things are wrong with that statement, that is what he should be writing about chelsea! wink.gif

Only Mr Chris Moyles has predicted that we win. However he is bottom of the prediction league.

Predictions

Friedel

Dickov Jansen

i'll go with your formation lechuck, except flitty for tugay if the latter isnt fit. realistically however, we will never get this line up tomorrow. although i feel that he's still our best option alongside dickov, hughes apparently doesnt, and so matty will not even be on the bench (as per usual). that i'm pretty sure.

prediction wise, it looks like boro's gonna be playing a whole bunch of kids... so hoping we can sneak something from the game.

Friedel

Dickov Jansen

i'll go with your formation lechuck, except flitty for tugay if the latter isnt fit. realistically however, we will never get this line up tomorrow. although i feel that he's still our best option alongside dickov, hughes apparently doesnt, and so matty will not even be on the bench (as per usual). that i'm pretty sure.

prediction wise, it looks like boro's gonna be playing a whole bunch of kids... so hoping we can sneak something from the game.

If Tugay plays we'll lose. He's not good enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.