BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

I'm a bit puzzled (maybe as someone pointed out it's due to my lack of intelligence) but I've read through the last few pages of this thread and have not found anyone glorying in the antics of BRFC hooligans.

What I have seen is discussion around a number of incidents involving those from Burnley within the last ten years. To those of you on this site from over the pennines, you have a problem with an element of your support - by no means all of your support but an unhealthy minority.

Having been to t'Turf with other clubs going along with a few mates, I have firsthand experience of the reception these people afford anyone not from within 3 miles of Burnley. Women and children from West Brom stands out in my mind together with the shower of bottles whilst attending with Blackpool and the "welcome to Burnley" gesture given an unfortunate and entirely innocent Blackpool fan by some knuckle draggers with a couple of Stanley blades set into a block of balsa wood to make stitching impossible after the "treatment" has been meted out.

There is also a regular element of "Burnley/BNP" at England away games, by no means the only club but regularly there. This is a shame as I've met some of you at these occasions (England/France in Lisbon being the last) and we've managed to have a bit of a laugh about how ###### we think our respective teams are and then get on with supporting England - shame, you're not all like that.

There is a very high proportion of banning orders for the (very) average attendance of BFC.

Now, I'm not for a minute suggesting this is indicative of all Burnley fans; however, you cannot deny there is a disproportionately large section that has allowed the rest of you to be similarly tarred.

Just check any of the away travel websites around and you will see the difference:

BRFC - the natives are friendly and it is safe to go for a drink

BFC - don't wear colours, don't drink in town, leave your car safely from the ground

The message to me is that football in general has moved on from the behaviour we witnessed 20-25 years ago - it has been slow to do likewise in Burnley.

You boys have a problem - recognise it, deal with it and join the rest and we can all go back to the usual tirades of abuse about how you eat bananas, what county you are in and the state of your town - have they started spending the millions injected since you all set fire to the place yet? Where??

Why do I have to bite?

Have you actually checked the figures? Do you know the background to it?

Our club, in association with the local Police have adopted a very strong line on banning orders.

For example in the NCIS report for last year, we actually issued banning orders against 17 people MORE than were arrested. Blackburn on the other hand issued banning orders to only 44% of those arrested (for the record Burnley issued 51 banning orders against 34 arrests, Balckburn issued 20 orders against 45 arrests

So the percentage is high, to reflect our determination to deal with the issue

Out of interest, in the figures there were NO arrests for violent disorder amongst Burnley fans (and 6 amongst Blackburn fans)

Edited by longsiders1882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I have to bite?

Have you actually checked the figures? Do you know the background to it?

Wht do you have to bite? Because you enjoy it and because you know there is an element of truth in there, but perhaps not the interpetation you would like.

I'm glad, as I'm sure you are, that the police are being so active - they have a lot of work to do.

In the meantime, I hope you lose as I'm not sure I could bear the gloating on this and any other website you lot can access for the next God knows how many years were you to win.

No idea but if there are I would regard that as a positive not a negative - a club determined to deal with it

As are Rovers... from what i've been told all those found guilty in the Yorke incidents are banned for life. None of them were hardcore hooligans or anything like that, just ###### up idiots.

Fact is that the vast majority on both sides are genuine football fans who would like the opportunity to enjoy the game and atmosphere without all the Burberry boys ruining it for them. For somebody who lives in middle ground, I know both Burnley and Blackburn fans and will likely be having a pint with both after the match win lose or draw.

I suppose I don't of course the racist thing would not happen, two lads at Ewood making monkey noises stands out. At the Turf with 12,000 eating bananas with their feet, it is just another local.

Smile lads and lasses it's just fun. I would never knowingly insult a Primate so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (longsiders1882 Feb 14 2005, 21:30 )

Justify it, explain it away?

No but yet again you make statements of fact - which are in fact complete fabrications.

The man convicted of this crime was not a Burnley resident, was not a Burnley supporter.

The points I made re where he was and how he got to the ground were in relation the ridiculous statement that a fan was killed 'walking down the street' which he wasn;t.

He was in a pub and there was a fight - not acceptable nor excusable. It ended with the total destruction of one life and undoubtedly many others in his family. Nobody gained from this.

Why are you so keen to lay this at the door of Burnley Football Club or even Burnley town?

And as for the banning orders, perhaps if you applied a few you wouldn't have fans embarrasing your club on national television?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another local hooligan, a member of Burnley's soccer hooligan firm, the Burnley Suicide Squad, has recently been convicted of the killing of a 17 year old Nottingham Forest fan, Nathan Shaw.

Barely a week after Smith's offence, the killing took place outside the Yates Wine Lodge pub in Burnley. 19-year-old Andrew McNee and other Squad members were abusive to Nathan and his friends who were drinking inside. They left the pub and were followed by McNee who struck Nathan on the back of the head with a broken glass - a blow that lead to his death.

McNee was similarly subject to a lifelong ban by Burnley FC.

http://www.therossendalefreepress.co.uk/ne...cle_id=177.html

Edited by MickeFIN

I'm going on the train, despite having a coach ticket.

1) it means you can go at your own time, rather than at 11am, nearly 3 hrs before the K/O, to go 6 miles ??

2) You can have large quantities of alcohol.

3) It makes the day more exciting.

Going on the train is ridiculous - complete waste of time.

a ) There are only two trains you can get from Blackburn - 1035 or 1235 (unless you're a complete twot and fancy the 0835).

b ) Because of that Lancs police have the easiest task - meet those two trains at Burnley, block the station exits, and you'll all get walked straight to the ground.

c ) Even if ( b ) doesn't happen - which it will - if you get the early train you'll be in Burnley an hour before the pubs open. If you get the later one you'll miss the game unless you head straight for Turf Moor.

d ) Those little trains are sh!te. They hold about 100 people. The bigger trains (that go to Burnley Manchester Rd) are replaced by buses on Sunday. So there's every chance that too many people will turn up for the 1235, it'll be full, you won't get to Burnley at all.

And you could have been ferried to the turnstiles for free, on an executive coach from Ewood. Oh well, enjoy the game.

1) it means you can go at your own time, rather than at 11am, nearly 3 hrs before the K/O, to go 6 miles ??

a ) There are only two trains you can get from Blackburn - 1035 or 1235 (unless you're a complete twot and fancy the 0835).

b ) Because of that Lancs police have the easiest task - meet those two trains at Burnley, block the station exits, and you'll all get walked straight to the ground.

c ) Even if ( b ) doesn't happen - which it will - if you get the early train you'll be in Burnley an hour before the pubs open. If you get the later one you'll miss the game unless you head straight for Turf Moor.

d ) Those little trains are sh!te. They hold about 100 people. The bigger trains (that go to Burnley Manchester Rd) are replaced by buses on Sunday. So there's every chance that too many people will turn up for the 1235, it'll be full, you won't get to Burnley at all.

And you could have been ferried to the turnstiles for free, on an executive coach from Ewood. Oh well, enjoy the game.

You're missing the point here, Tris. He'll be mad-fer-it, ###### up and ready for some dingle-squashing. Football is so much better when you're drunk and obnoxious. rolleyes.gif

You appear to have got your train times wrong, which, completly messes up your theories - smart ass !

There is a train from Blackburn at 11:57 to Manchester Rd !

Perfect timing.

So what about walking straight to the ground, I have legs ?

I happen to like little sh***y trains.

We dont all have to behave like sheep and do what the club wants us to do.

You're missing the point here, Tris. He'll be mad-fer-it, ###### up and ready for some dingle-squashing. Football is so much better when you're drunk and obnoxious. rolleyes.gif

Wow, you must know me !

On the BBC local news this morning, the first item was a plea from Lancashire Police for Rovers fans to use the free coaches " to stop a repetition of the violence that broke out following the last meeting " - did I miss something ? - as I recall all the Clarrots had to use the coaches and the encounter was relatively trouble free.

An interesting read taken from the Official Message Board

OPERATION DINGLETHRASH by Cosmo

If youve got no ticket for big derby

Don't forget to turn on the T.V.

To see Rovers live away at Burnley

Courtesy of the B.B.C.

This coming afternoon Sundy

The programme starts at One Thirty

As Jim Smith said of the rivalry-

"It's even bigger than Saints v Pompey"

But like Stan Ternent quipped famously-

"Its like a Mini versus Ferrari!"

The Blue n Whites are going to Turd Moor

We're gonna get a favourable score

No reply to our three or four,

Or maybe five like three years before!

Lets all hope we get even more!!!!

Though the free coaches arrive two hours before

"NO PUBS!!!" say the long arm of t'law

"We're gonna drop yer right outside the door

Then its straight in- theres [rude word deleted] all chance we'll let you explore!"

Accross the county they'll all be droppin their jaw

When they hear of the Derby Day cricket score

And how the Rovers wiped the b*st*rd floor

With the claret and blue Dingles from Turd Moor.

That spoils that then.

Boo Hoo.

You could always try jogging there.

12 miles at 10 min/miling, take about 2 hours.

Of ourse, part of the way you'll be on the M65, could be a bit hairy. And you'll probably look like ##i# when you get there. Other than that, no worries.

Believe me when I say me and jogging don't go.

You ever tried running carrying 18 stone ?

On the BBC local news this morning, the first item was a plea from Lancashire Police for Rovers fans to use the free coaches " to stop a repetition of the violence that broke out following the last meeting " - did I miss something ? - as I recall all the Clarrots had to use the coaches and the encounter was relatively trouble free.

probably trouble in Accy

I know their fans got off there, and a few Blackburn went down too