BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the girl a break, please. She's a Celtic supporter so of course she's not going to like Rangers! I am most definitely not a Celtic supporter but it doesn't bother me so why all the jumping up and down? (I don't like BF either)

What was that you were saying about hysterical onslaught, Phil? Chill guys :ph34r:

And you think there's a SINGLE Celtic fan who doesn't hate Barry Ferguson with a fiery poison? Not all atmospheres are as dead as Rovers!!!

Once again Jan 'multi-club' Jock jumps to her first-club's defence.

The only reason Celtic/Rangers fans make a lot of noise is because they have a lot of 'vocal' support in the shape of the 'We Hate Pakis' Salzburg brigade. It would be interesting for you to explain the difference between say sectarian chanting and racist chanting.

Thanks me darling.

She's a Celtic supporter

There's your answer Roversmum

its been done to death before on here - and personally I'm not into all this multi club fans business whcih woul appear to be the same for others

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

how can folk support more than one team??

where is the loyalty in that.

i think this is all about glory hunters!!

Surely we all have teams we have a soft spot for aside from supporting the Rovers!

I mean if any of the other teams I enjoy watching was to PLAY rovers, it's a different kettle of fish, but I really enjoy watching Barcelona, for instance, and would cheer for them in any other situation than them playing Rovers. Seems fair enough to me!

And you think there's a SINGLE Celtic fan who doesn't hate Barry Ferguson with a fiery poison? Not all atmospheres are as dead as Rovers!!!

Isn't his father-in-law a season ticket holder at Parkhead? I've heard Ferguson foots the bill-I bet he doesn't hate him with a 'fiery poison'.

how can folk support more than one team??

where is the loyalty in that.

i think this is all about glory hunters!!

You'll find that lots of Irish people will follow Celtic and another team. I myself am a Rovers fan through and through but coming from a big Irish catholic family (one generation of which is Glasgow born and raised) I follow Celtic to a certain level. My father, my uncles and my Glasgow relatives are all fervent Bhoys supporters.

You may not understand the concept (there's no reason why you should) but in this part of the world it's very much the norm.

You may not understand the concept (there's no reason why you should) but in this part of the world it's very much the norm.

I agree.

Where my dad hails from (small village in Fife, Scotland) you ask anybody who they support & they`ll say "Rangers & blah blah blah" or "Celtic & blah blah blah". Supporting more than one club is quite normal. It is most definately a religion thing, starting at home but being rubberstamped when you go to your catholic or protestant school.

I support a club in France as well as Blackburn, major difference is that if something happened to my club I wouldn't be too bothered. Certainly if Rovers ever played them then I wouldn't have any trouble working out who to support. Basically I have an interest in a more local team, but I fully support Rovers.

I agree.

Where my dad hails from (small village in Fife, Scotland) you ask anybody who they support & they`ll say "Rangers & blah blah blah" or "Celtic & blah blah blah". Supporting more than one club is quite normal. It is most definately a religion thing, starting at home but being rubberstamped when you go to your catholic or protestant school.

Very true. Though we don't have 'Protestant' schools here as such-they are simply state schools, Catholics do go to them. The vast majority of Catholics in Northern Ireland (from all social levels) though attend RC maintained schools. I remember that my school used to organise trips to Celtic matches regularly. We were never offered the opportunity to go to Anfield, Highbury, Old Trafford or Ewood-there would have been no point. However Celtic were thing all students would be interested in.

I was only trying to make the point that Barry Ferguson continues to be as anonymous with Rangers as he did for the most-part with us. That and the fact that I enjoyed (along with the people around me) giving him dog's abuse- which he deserves, given his treatment of us, and the fact that he's a Rangers player. Some may not agree with the second reason for the abuse, but anyone who doesn't agree with the first is a very strange Rovers fan indeed.

And I've supported Celtic since I could say the word. When I moved down to England I needed an English team to support (no Scottish football on the telly at the time and it's very dry watching football from an academic point of view), and as I was deciding, God became our manager (Dalglish). Decision made.

Have to say that the broken knee cap did for Ferguson who went from moderately talented to a total non-entity. It was quite a shock to see he scored against Mould. In retrospect, we did very well to get £4m+ for him (now he's done time, oops that Bellamy, er Rangers appearances).

I really hope we draw Rangers and shove a well-deserved thrashing down them. It will ease the Celtic pain where we were disgracefully mismanaged.

).

It will ease the Celtic pain where we were disgracefully mismanaged.

To be fair to Souness (never thought I'd say that), Rovers played Celtic off the park in Glasgow, one of the best displays of passing and movement I've ever seen from a Rovers team.

O'Neill showed his quality as a manager in the second leg at Ewood, however, when Souness got it badly wrong on the night.

To be fair to Souness (never thought I'd say that), Rovers played Celtic off the park in Glasgow, one of the best displays of passing and movement I've ever seen from a Rovers team.

O'Neill showed his quality as a manager in the second leg at Ewood, however, when Souness got it badly wrong on the night.

Problem was, Rovers lost both legs. And however wonderfully Rovers played, the only thing that mattered was the little round thing going into the big square netty thing. Celtic did it in Glasgow, and in Blackburn. Rovers didn't manage it either place.

And I've supported Celtic since I could say the word. When I moved down to England I needed an English team to support (no Scottish football on the telly at the time and it's very dry watching football from an academic point of view), and as I was deciding, God became our manager (Dalglish). Decision made.

I can understand you adopting Rovers because of Dalglish, but to remain a Rovers fan, especially whilst your hated Souness was in charge, mystifies me.

There must be something special about our beloved club to keep you hooked regardless of who the manager is.

Take note you Jan bashers. She's still a Rover. She's a convert!

So I'll endorse the view of Roversmum and say "Give her a break".

Problem was, Rovers lost both legs. And however wonderfully Rovers played, the only thing that mattered was the little round thing going into the big square netty thing. Celtic did it in Glasgow, and in Blackburn. Rovers didn't manage it either place.

So you weren't supporting Rovers against the left footers, Janice ?

Barry Ferguson's performance since returning to Rangers have been nearly as bad as that of the team :D. We certainly did do very well in getting £4 million for him.

As for the whole supporting two team debate, I don't see the problem. I would be a huge Celtic fan, born and raised to be so. Rovers were the team I choose to support and I would have a greater interest in them. When it came to the Uefa Cup tie a few years ago I was 100% behind Rovers and was devastated when we lost.

So you weren't supporting Rovers against the left footers, Janice ?

We've been through all this crap before, i think she said that she supported Blackburn at Celtic Park and Celtic at Ewood park, or something like that. As for supporting 2 clubs, dont see the problem as long as its from 2 different nations at that is the case here so..... :rover:

Edited by BRFC4EVA

I hate to be one of those types that disses a topic for its utter uselessness, but who cares!?! He's gone to a weaker league and he will never get another chance in England again. I guess I feel strongly about this due to the fact that his impact here was marginal at best and the likes of Hakan Suker stand out more in my mind.

I remember when Barry first came to Rovers that there were a lot of defenders of his name, but I think we can all agree that since then even though we have not found a true replacement for Tugay we are still better off.

Ferguson is the type of player that makes me feel like he thought little of us but a cheap f**k. We offer more than that you know...we have personality!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.