BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

I hate to be one of those types that disses a topic for its utter uselessness, but who cares!?! He's gone to a weaker league and he will never get another chance in England again. I guess I feel strongly about this due to the fact that his impact here was marginal at best and the likes of Hakan Suker stand out more in my mind.

I remember when Barry first came to Rovers that there were a lot of defenders of his name, but I think we can all agree that since then even though we have not found a true replacement for Tugay we are still better off.

Ferguson is the type of player that makes me feel like he thought little of us but a cheap f**k. We offer more than that you know...we have personality!!

I went off him pdq when earky doors he decided to play with a dead squirrel attached to his head. Glaswegian low life.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can folk support more than one team??

where is the loyalty in that.

i think this is all about glory hunters!!

So I take it that if you lived in another part of the country making it impossible to get to more than a handful of Rovers matches in a season or worse still if you lived abroad, then you would simply not bother with any live matches at all?

I am in this invidious position, and have been at several different parts of my working life. I am, and always will be a Rovers fan first and foremost, but I always find another local team to support nearest to where I live at the time. This gives me an interest and makes a small contribution to the upkeep of another (often stuggling) club. I enjoy it, and it does not diminish one iota my love for and support of Rovers which I have supported by season ticket for over 20 of my 60 years as a Rovers fan. If you add together all the sum total of matches that I have missed by living away since 1946 to the present day and subtracting these from the entire 60 seasons that I could and would have stood on Ewood since 1946 it comes to about 250 games missed, Can you say the same! If not then dont you dare criticise me or any others in my position.

Born in Bergen, Norway so I support my local side SK Brann. Other than that its only Blackburn Rovers. Don't see any problems there.

Born in Glasgow, Scotland, so I support Glasgow Rangers as well as Rovers. Also have a soft spot for my local club Swindon Town. I don't feel as though that makes me any less of a loyal Rovers fan.

Jan's love of Celtic affects so much of her postings on a Rovers board that it becomes a joke.

....yes, it can get a tad tedious :(

Not all atmospheres are as dead as Rovers!!!

as opposed to a load of wanna be irish,who spit on people because they wore a BLUE rovers sweatshirt and half a pub started to pile out...or throw a brick threw a pub window nearly hitting a 13 year old kid on the head...

yea pure class!!!!

I can understand you adopting Rovers because of Dalglish, but to remain a Rovers fan, especially whilst your hated Souness was in charge, mystifies me.

There must be something special about our beloved club to keep you hooked regardless of who the manager is.

Take note you Jan bashers. She's still a Rover. She's a convert!

So I'll endorse the view of Roversmum and say "Give her a break".

Jan (very publicly on this site and on the Rovers email list) withdrew her support for Rovers under Souness, and made a great song and dance about coming back to Ewood Park when he left.

All that despite unashamedly enjoying the good times - I sat next to Jan at Spurs when we thrashed them 4-0 to get into Europe and she was chanting for the manager and the team along with the rest of us! And enjoyed the subsequent trip to Sofia. Clearly by the next round v Celtic she'd swapped sides.

That's what mystifies me.

Edited by Tris

Jan (very publicly on this site and on the Rovers email list) withdrew her support for Rovers under Souness, and made a great song and dance about coming back to Ewood Park when he left.

All that despite unashamedly enjoying the good times - I sat next to Jan at Spurs when we thrashed them 4-0 to get into Europe and she was chanting for the manager and the team along with the rest of us! And enjoyed the subsequent trip to Sofia. Clearly by the next round v Celtic she'd swapped sides.

That's what mystifies me.

Tris- that's a lie you try to perpetuate. I never ONCE in the entire time I was at Rovers when that man was, sang or chanted his name. I despised him from day one. I did sit almost beside you at Spurs (fortunately my friend was in the way) but if you noticed- which you CLEARLY didn't- while you people were singing "Souness's Blue and white Army", I started at the Blue and white Army bit. I could probably get at least a dozen people to confirm that. I cheered the team- NEVER him.

I enjoyed Sofia, it had very nice shoe and clothes shops, but could see how desperately he wanted us to lose- which all those round me (at least those who weren't so blinkered that they wanted to have his love babies- ie YOU)were commenting on with the mysifying substitutions leaving that great big hole down the middle of the park for Sofia to waltz through (oh and the big article in the paper telling us when we were all on our way).

Edited by Jan

Tris- that's a lie you try to perpetuate. I never ONCE in the entire time I was at Rovers when that man was, sang or chanted his name. I despised him from day one. I did sit almost beside you at Spurs (fortunately my friend was in the way) but if you noticed- which you CLEARLY didn't- while you people were singing "Souness's Blue and white Army", I started at the Blue and white Army bit. I could probably get at least a dozen people to confirm that. I cheered the team- NEVER him.

I enjoyed Sofia, it had very nice shoe and clothes shops, but could see how desperately he wanted us to lose- which all those round me (at least those who weren't so blinkered that they wanted to have his love babies- ie YOU)were commenting on with the mysifying substitutions leaving that great big hole down the middle of the park for Sofia to waltz through (oh and the big article in the paper telling us when we were all on our way).

Well at least that confirms that you supporting Rovers is subject to who Rovers happen to employ!

As for Souness, anyone who tries to claim he ever wanted to lose anything has clearly lost the plot.

Edited by Tris

As for Souness, anyone who tries to claim he ever wanted to lose anything has clearly lost the plot.

Souness gave the impression he wasn't bothered about not winning some matches - an abject 4-0 FA Cup defeat at Birmingham City springs to mind - and by the end of his tenure with Rovers bottom of the league and heading for relegation he had certainly lost the plot.

Thankfully we now have a manager who wants and believes that Rovers can win every match they play - including in Europe.

Hooray, a good, old-fashioned, internet flame fest starting!

Incidentally, Souness never had much success as a manager after Rangers. He presided over Liverpools decline from giants to some form of dwarf, managed to spend a lot of cash and get Rovers relegated (although in fairness he was in charge when we got back into the prem) and his time at Newcastle could be kindly described as "a shambles". Whether or not her dislike of him was sectarian, it was certainly prescient <_<

Wonder what'll happen if Sparky likes the look of some of the Rangers players?

Edited by daren

And you think there's a SINGLE Celtic fan who doesn't hate Barry Ferguson with a fiery poison? Not all atmospheres are as dead as Rovers!!!

Arent they? Hows about comparing a Rovers vs Burnley atmosphere and a Celtic vs Falkirk atmosphere. Which 1 of those would be the dead one, lets be more realistic with our comparisons!!

Nice that your sectarian blinders make you not support the manager...

(Jan that is, not Jim.)

Will explain this again in words of one syllable. Hated Souness from his Liverpool v Scotland days. At that point had no idea who he supported. Disliked him even more once he became one of the most inflammatory Rangers managers in recent times, have gone on record as saying wouldn't have minded Alex McLeish or Walter Smith as manager although one was cr*p (just picked the wrong one!!!)

His appointment got up my nose because I thought we could have done better because he was a manager at the end of his career looking for a big pay day rather than a manager at the start of his career looking for success. Oh, and he reinstated Darren Peacock in his first game as manager "because he'd heard of him" rather than waiting until he'd seen the team play. That was indicative of how I knew he'd be as a manager. I stuck with it even in the season he sold Dunn and Duff (because I'd already paid for my season ticket) but only attended a few games - most of which were shockingly inept. The following season I decided enough was enough and I couldn't bear to watch Souness "inspired" teams struggle to get to 40 points AGAIN. Fortunately the fool Shepherd paid actual cash money for the useless tw*t and we got a decent manager. Therefore was without a season ticket for precisely 4 weeks.

Incidentally, Souness never had much success as a manager after Rangers. He presided over Liverpools decline from giants to some form of dwarf, managed to spend a lot of cash and get Rovers relegated (although in fairness he was in charge when we got back into the prem) and his time at Newcastle could be kindly described as "a shambles". Whether or not her dislike of him was sectarian, it was certainly prescient <_<

Wonder what'll happen if Sparky likes the look of some of the Rangers players?

I very briefly thought Tugay4England had gone completely mental there. :blink:

Incidentally, Souness never had much success as a manager after Rangers. He presided over Liverpools decline from giants to some form of dwarf, managed to spend a lot of cash and get Rovers relegated

souness got rovers relegated ??? :o have i been living in a parallel universe:)

Barry Ferguson launched his new book in Glasgow today - "Blue - The Life and Times of Barry Ferguson".

In his book he describes his transfer from Rangers to Rovers as the "worst move of his career".

From all Rovers fans, Barry, I would like to say the feeling is mutual.

So I take it that if you lived in another part of the country making it impossible to get to more than a handful of Rovers matches in a season or worse still if you lived abroad, then you would simply not bother with any live matches at all?

I am in this invidious position, and have been at several different parts of my working life. I am, and always will be a Rovers fan first and foremost, but I always find another local team to support nearest to where I live at the time. This gives me an interest and makes a small contribution to the upkeep of another (often stuggling) club. I enjoy it, and it does not diminish one iota my love for and support of Rovers which I have supported by season ticket for over 20 of my 60 years as a Rovers fan. If you add together all the sum total of matches that I have missed by living away since 1946 to the present day and subtracting these from the entire 60 seasons that I could and would have stood on Ewood since 1946 it comes to about 250 games missed, Can you say the same! If not then dont you dare criticise me or any others in my position.

I wouldn't FR but that's just me - I live in Wigan now, and I know its not quite the same but I would never consider going to watch them

turning your post on its head as I understand your predicament but not the reasoning in terms of 'supporting' - what would happen if these teams you secondly support played ROVERS in a meaningful or any game for that matter?

This is the million dollar question, which those such as myself can't understand - difficult for me as I have not been in the position you find yourself in so I can only summise and go with what I feel, as I suppose others who question such as yourself also do.

I have no doubt it would be the Rovers for you, however this might have something to do with me being 'old school' but I still can't get into this my 1st team is ???, my 2nd team is xx etc.

As MB posted this is what is grating about Jan - and she/he still hasn't answered what I keep asking - Rovers or Celtic?

At least you don't bang on about it

Fair enough going to watch another game etc but supporting another team?

Barry Ferguson launched his new book in Glasgow today - "Blue - The Life and Times of Barry Ferguson".

In his book he describes his transfer from Rangers to Rovers as the "worst move of his career".

From all Rovers fans, Barry, I would like to say the feeling is mutual.

I thought it was the only move of his career

I wouldn't FR but that's just me - I live in Wigan now, and I know its not quite the same but I would never consider going to watch them

turning your post on its head as I understand your predicament but not the reasoning in terms of 'supporting' - what would happen if these teams you secondly support played ROVERS in a meaningful or any game for that matter?

This is the million dollar question, which those such as myself can't understand - difficult for me as I have not been in the position you find yourself in so I can only summise and go with what I feel, as I suppose others who question such as yourself also do.

I have no doubt it would be the Rovers for you, however this might have something to do with me being 'old school' but I still can't get into this my 1st team is ???, my 2nd team is xx etc.

As MB posted this is what is grating about Jan - and she/he still hasn't answered what I keep asking - Rovers or Celtic?

At least you don't bang on about it

Fair enough going to watch another game etc but supporting another team?

Very much she!

Now- would probably support both equally if they played. Thought I would before but the ba*tard's behaviour turned it heavily in favour of Celtic. Mark Hughes, being a generally lovely human being who is both fair and lovely (did I mention he's lovely) would mean that I wouldn't be forced into the invidious position of having to despise one manager and therefore not support the team!!

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.