BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

What a load of toss.

Olly Holt used to write for The Times, now he writes for that quality highbrow red top The Mirror.

Says it all.

mad.gif

It's Mourinho criticising Rovers, not Oliver Holt.

Don't think Holt wrote the report for Mourinho then issued it under his own by-line.

Anyway, Mourinho is not that uncomplimentary to Rovers if you take his comments as a whole- in fact I'd say begrudging respect creeps into a moan about the fact we roughed 'em up, might have injured Robben and others and could easilly have seen Makelele and Terry red carded (sod the notion of admirable self-control referred to by Holt).

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho and chelsea, will get theres when Roman finally leaves, and trust me I reckon it will be in the next 3 years or so then what who will pay for there 88million season loses and there huge wage bill

Do you rely think roman will leave a trust fund like Uncle Jack no, uncle jack was a fan , rovers through and through, Chelsea to Roman is a plaything whom he can chuck when he gets bored.

If there such a big club why did mr Abramovich go in to buy Manure then spuds before finally going for chelsea, lets face it without Romans money chelsea are an average sized premiership club who would be in huge debt

Edited by Bazzathegreat

Mourinho and chelsea, will get theres when Roman finally leaves, and trust me I reckon it will be in the next 3 years or so then what who will pay for there 88million season loses and there huge wage bill

I agree with you 100% on that

As soon as he gets bored he'll be off

After reading those comments I have to say I'm not surprised. He criticised Spurs for their defensive attitude to the game.

He probably lied to everyone regarding the alleged meeting between himself and Cole.

He said something negative about man city after they beat them (can't quite remember what it was)

All in all, I'd rather Chelsea won it this season but out of all three, I'd go for the frenchman anyday (you don't see him dripping with arrogance wherever he walks and he tends not to engage in petty psychological games).

I've read the quotes and have to say i was not very impressed at all.

Then i watched his bbc interview, and i have to say it seemed to come across a different way. In fact he even went so far as to say that if we continued to play like that at ewood we coudl challange for a place in the uefa.

i wasn't impressed with mourinho's quotes either, but didn't see the interview on bbc... however i'm not so naive to think that journos don't pick and choose their quotes to make things out as being more aggressive than they were - the standard headline of "PERSON X IN SOMETHING RAP" normal has a quote from them along the lines of "things could be better" or something equally as banal. i guess "mourinho gives grudging respect to battling team at other end of table" doesn't make as good a headline as "mourinho blasts dirty rovers"... in any case considering what he managed to do with porto i would say he'd be well up on how you have to battle if you don't have the class to compete with some of the bigger teams, so i wouldn't read too much into it.

if i was roman abromovic i would be asking chelsea for my 200 million back. that chelsea performance was tripe and the next half head who witters in my ear about chelsea being this, chelsea being that, should sit down, watch last nights game, and have a quiet little word with theirselves. with attacking players like duff, robben, lampard and (er, I'm stuck now) at their disposal why did they insist on being so negative for 85 minutes. surely they could have killed the game earlier by actually trying to score a goal themselves rather than just stopping us from scoring.

also nice to see that the people of blackburn will treck down to ewood to watch chelsea but cant be bothered during the rest of the season. rovers were quality, and whilst most of you probably came to watch chelsea, i hope you took note. i would also like to wish the extra 5,000 supporters an enjoyable day out at the cinema when a half full ewood cheers us on against norwich in two weeks time.

whilst i am airing my grievances i would like to express my disgust at sickening comments made by ill educated chelsea fans after last nights game. "what's your problem, abromovic coming to the bridge is only like what jack walker did at blackburn" i need not explain the multitude of wrongs in this most sickening of utterances.

There is a massive misunderstanding about Abramovich and Chelsea in those last few posts:

1) Abramovich is living in an expensive pad in Chelsea and in full control of his assets. Some of the other oligarchs are rotting in jail stripped of their assets. So, Chelsea is an insurance policy against Putin- just imagine the media frenzy which Abramovich could whip up if the Russians were to apprehend him.

2) Man U was a plc trading at the top of its value. Abramovich bought a nearly bankrupt club sitting on massive land values. He took it private so nobody knows what he actually paid to discharge the Chelsea debts. I would be surprised if everyone got 100p in the £1. Now he is building a sporting brand that by-passes rather than competes with Man U, Real or Juve- which happens to be sitting in the middle of the richest city in Europe. So, Chelsea is an investment. Abramovich is in this to sell when he wants at a profit and ignore the losses last year- that is all part of the investment (including the salaries- there is not a club on earth that can afford to poach a Chelsea player).

3) He is having fun and indulging his favourite pastime- winning.

Do you rely think roman will leave a trust fund like Uncle Jack no, uncle jack was a fan , rovers through and through, Chelsea to Roman is a plaything whom he can chuck when he gets bored.

If there such a big club why did mr Abramovich go in to buy Manure then spuds before finally going for chelsea, lets face it without Romans money chelsea are an average sized premiership club who would be in huge debt

utter rubbish.

he will be around for a long time yet. he may have spent 200mill, but those players are not worthless now are they!

He also owns the freehold to one of the most expensive areas in the country ( valued conservatively at £150million)

he is in it for all of the reasons philip said and good luck to them.

What does it matter whether he was a fan or not? We lived the dream thanks to Uncle Jack and now another set of fans are living the dream. I don't have a problem with that at all.

I for one will be very pleased if we can play like that till the end of the season. I don't think we were dirty, nothing malicious, just good old fashioned hard nosed footy and a ref who let it go for the most part.

I think we will see Chelsea start to lose a few games last night and Moanrihno will be partly to blame.

No one this year, that I have seen, has got after Chelsea like we did, everyone seems to sit back as if they are afraid, they let them play.

Now, not only was it evident on the pitch but the fact that Hose A made the comments he did reinforced the fact that his squad of mega millions players are not up to that style of play.

Watch as more teams adopt that against them now.

I agree USABlue.

Chelsea were very ordinary last night and somehow I'm not sure they can regain the sparkling form they have had up until now.

Their season is going to get harder from now on.

Having said that, games are running out and they have a sizeable lead.

Before this match I hadnt realised just how arrogant and dislikable - not to mention ungracious - Mourinho was. The whinging after the game, the histrionics in front of the Chelski fans, refusing to shake Hughes' hand, pretending not to even know Savage's name(!)... this was an arrogance to surpass even that of the duelling pensioners Ferguson & Wenger!

It's sad to think that the big money men might be impressing the media by buying everything in sight, but I would have gladly accepted a 1-0 defeat at the hands of a gracious bloke like Mourinho's predecessor - Ranieri - who I still think was harshly treated. Chelsea will win everything, then have nowhere left to go. Then the futility of buying everything will hit home, the clash of egos (Abramovich vs Mourinho) will kick in, Abramovich will be done for his dodgy dealings... oh sorry, I was dreaming a bit there!

Anyway, I'm proud of our lads for a performance which had heart. I really cant see us still near the bottom come the end of the season but if we are I believe we've got the management and the players to battle through.

Bring on the Dingles!!

After I have calmed down I just see it as typical football hypocrisy and don't really mind that much. It's like Fat Barsteward Allardyce calling Hughes for having a go at one if his players and then the very next game having a go at one of the opposition players.

The 2 worst tackles last night were both made by Terry. Yes we put a few in most notably Matteo & Mokoena's but those apart there were no other bad one's.

Mourinho's entitled to his opinion.

Chelsea are a top side there's no doubt about it. But does Mourinho really expect to win the Premiership if you can't fight for the odd three points?

It's what football's all about. At times when we won the league in 95 we never won every game by playing great football, there are times that you've got to battle and prepared to do that.

Chelsea in my opinion didn't look as strong when Robeen was taken off. It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea cope without him but it seems they've got more than enough points ahead of the rest to win the league.

If mourhino is serious in his whingeing comments he is simply NOT a footballing man! I thought he was but I was mistaken and I hold my hand up. He and his team have quite stupidly exposed their Achilles heel! I fully expect em to meet physical opposition and get ruffed up in every future game now. withstupid.giflaugh.gif

I suggest Mourhino has inadavertantly revealed the underlying reason why English football is watched all over Europe whilst Portugese football attracts little interest. Sky have it sussed and chuck very little money towards sealing the Portugese contract.

Not unless they play at Ewood as well. How many broken legs and knee restructions does the old pitch have in it left?

What you on about its a cracking pitch at Ewood! That Mourhino is a knob. He looks and sounds authoratitive but he knows absolutel frerk all about English pitches!

Its not as if he's manager of Arsenal is it? Chelsea have about the worst pitch in the prem ffs...... and they always have had for that matter! It's a bog that needs relaying every 5 minutes and whilst it may make it look green I can assure you it does not make it 'play' well. Quite the opposite in fact.

As for his rifdiculous claims about 'watering' the pitch to slow down their Oh so wonderful passing game. Bollax! Anybody and their mother who has ever played football or studied greenkeeping knows that (until a pitch becomes actually waterlogged) a recently watered pitch actually speeds up a game. Its a drying out pitch that slows the game down and becomes 'cloyey'. What an ignorant d1ck the tiresome portugese ponce is becoming.

Rovers did not roll over and die at their feet and that is what he is angry about. I didn't think that the game was overly physical anyway nor did I think that there was much difference between the teams in a physical sense as Chelsea can give as much as they get. Its just that they moan a frickin lot more! mad.gif After the pen Sav got up straight away, as do most of Hughes's team. Compare that with Duffer and even Mr Oh so hard John Terry! Ol Big-Head was wriggling about like a stuck pig at one stage but then got up and ran to the touchline.

Lets hope that all this chucking of mud does not give us a name as a dirty team cos imo we are far from that. Sure Flitty and Toddy are tough and Sav gets stuck in but for us to have all those disciplinary points amazes me. How can we have nearly double Bolton and lots more than Everton and WBA ffs? Its Baffling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.