BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

I may be in the minority here but I quite like Mourinho, he reminds me in a lot of ways of the young Brian Clough.

He may be controversial at times but he's been a breath of fresh air compared to listening to the RFW and Wenger bickering with one another.

And anyone who can put one over on the RFW is fine by me.

Disagree with his comments following the Chelski Rovers game though.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen plenty of matches where the better team has lost, and really the better team. Just because their opposition have outscored them, perhaps getting a couple of goals on the break with their only chances of the game, in a game in which they have barely featured, does not make them the better team on the night. There can always be the argument that they deserved the victory, because they took their chances and were not wasteful, however, I don't believe you can say they were the better team.

I do love the drivel some people come out with. For once I'm with American.

Football is about (and is ONLY about) who gets the round thing in the big rectangular netty thing most. No points for artistic impression, or technical merit, just for getting the ball in the goal. The fact that they were their only chances is irrelevant. They took them, therefore inherently they were the better team.

If you want points for artistic impression, watch ice skating, diving or ski-jumping.

I like Mourinho too- he wears nice coats and is quite pretty.

Why Den, did we beat them or something by a combined 5-0 in 2 matches?

No, but we footballed 'em off the park at Ewood. smile.gif

But still lost, at home, and had to resort to defensive tactics to still lose. People forget that in the end, the better team that day is the one who scores more goals than the other.

And broke their best players ankle

Last night they were outclassed!

Drogba should of got 2 yellows and he did so deal with it Chelsea!!

What? The first was a "nothing" tackle and the 2nd was a challenge for the ball with the keeper who decided to hold his face and feign injury.

It really hurt me, I hate it when things just arent fair.

the point I was trying to make his that manager should/has to face the press no matter if they win or not, or whatever happens, yes it is hard, but thats part of the job, would he have faced the press if they had won I think so

for what I have seen of him I think that he is a very good manager, but when things go against you as they did as that match them at times the true person can be see

I think Jose is top! Although he should have shaken Hughes' hand, but I think he's a character that is often missing with the bland mangers we have today.

Apart from maybe Joe Jordan, O'Leary and Brian Robson I cannot think of many managers who are 'bland'. Certainly not Big Sam, Arry, Wenger, GS, KK, Dowie etc and even the likes of Moyes, Curbs and Hughes who are quieter types usually have excellent and perceptive points to make in a footballing sense.

To compare him with Shanks/Paisley is premature in the extreme, he needs to learn how to lose graciously first and to cope with pressure better.

Mourhino also needs to suck up to the press big time now. He has made powerful enemies that will see him off pdq as soon as he shows weakness or vulnerability.

Mourhino also needs to suck up to the press big time now. He has made powerful enemies that will see him off pdq as soon as he shows weakness or vulnerability.

I think this is the Key point here. The Media.

They dont like him, feel it stemmed from his reaction when Porto beat ManU. In thoose days he was THE ENEMY as he was a foreign manager for a foreign club who just beat the tabloids favoured club.

Now he is over here, forming a good team that is likely to be v successful and he is talking in the same arrogant manor that Ferguson sometimes have. the problemd is the press hate him and doing their best to ensure evryone else does.

Since v few of us ever meet the managers, our opinions of them are formed by the selective editing of newspaper articles and TV segments. He is no worse than many succesfull managers, just that the media appear to dislike him more.

Mourinho has pi$$ed of the press. Oh my heart bleeds for those idiotic hacks.

The more I hear and see of this man, the more I think he's a great addition to English football.

If you think the press are going to hound him out, you better think again. They love a loser, hence King Ranieri, and they detest a winner but Mourinho has what it takes to stand firm imo.

It wasn't nice but it seems that Mourinho knew exactly what he was doing in out psyching Barcelona in the Champions League.

Interesting quote from him to the effect that he built a side this season designed to win the Premiership. His best side will be in three year's time.

Even so, with Robben back, I would say Chelsea would be evens to beat AC Milan or Juventus. They probably have too much for any of the other clubs left in the Champions League.

Chelsea's transfer moves this summer will be interesting to say the least. Will he continue his policy of January of picking up a relatively unknown with massive potential or will he go for Gerard and Ronaldinho for a combined £100m? I wonder if he is entirely satisfied with Drogba?

Outgoings will be tricky as virtually no other club can afford the wages Chelsea pay.

• 2 weeks later...

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it," Mourinho was quoted as saying on the 27th February.

According to UEFA though, the Portugese manager made up the whole story.

Mourinho has effectively been branded as a liar by UEFA - who accused the Chelsea management team of a "wrong and unfounded" claim.

UEFA say they have carried out checks and that it was impossible for Rijkaard to have gone into the ref's room at half-time. They say that Chelsea created a "poisoned and negative" atmosphere and unfairly put pressure on match officials.

Coming after the alleged Chelsea tap-up of Ashley Cole, it seems as if the arrogant Mourinho thinks that he's above the law and can do what he likes - making false accusations and illegally tapping-up players.

Mourinho has pi$$ed of the press. Oh my heart bleeds for those idiotic hacks.

The more I hear and see of this man, the more I think he's a great addition to English football.

If you think the press are going to hound him out, you better think again. They love a loser, hence King Ranieri, and they detest a winner but Mourinho has what it takes to stand firm imo.

Strange. Mourinho is essentially getting all the credit for what remains essentially a Ranieri side - key players like Terry, Gallas, Makalele, Lampard, Duff, Robben, Gudjohnsen, Huth, Johnson, Bridge, Smertin - he signed none of these. He did, however, sign Drogba for nearly £25M. And all this nonsense about he's built a team spirit. How short are people's memories? Chelsea had a great team spirit last year with many of the players just mentioned publicly coming out in support of Ranieri. And you may remember that under a "dead man walking" they finished 2nd in the league with a champions league SF, and the season before that they were 4th. Anyone else remember a team that finished 4th, 2nd and 1st !?!

My point is this - I would argue that Chelsea would still be winning the league this year under Ranieri. Yes, he's tightened up the defence. Yes they may be more difficult to beat. Is it down to him and him alone as he seems to suggest - no, I think he's inherited the almost finished article and has been shrewd enough to take the credit.

My point is this - I would argue that Chelsea would still be winning the league this year under Ranieri. Yes, he's tightened up the defence. Yes they may be more difficult to beat. Is it down to him and him alone as he seems to suggest - no, I think he's inherited the almost finished article and has been shrewd enough to take the credit.

Here in Portugal, I thought the same when he was manager in Uniao Leiria.

When he came into that team, he got most of the players from the previous years.

He did a great season in that team and then went to Porto and took with him some players.

While he was in Porto, he didn't make big signings.

However, he did get results, not only at home but in Europe also.

So now, I give him credit, even though i don't like him as a football person.

But I'm already used to it. it's 3 years of experience tongue.gif

Today he gave an interview to a portuguese channel. He said that he only cares of what the fans of his team think. Not the others...

Under Ranieri, Chelsea would be in a dog fight for the title at best- would a Ranieri managed side have won at Ewood this year? I doubt it.

Mourinho is a god to the Chelsea fans- even more than Abramovich. Just imagine he were at Rovers, we'd love it!!!

That said, I think he is in deep trouble with UEFA and they are determined to make him pay for forcing Frisk out of the game. Chelsea probably won't get stripped of titles or games but they will hit them with everything short of that.

View on Chelsea

This report sums up my feelings on the whole Chelsea situation.

While I agree that the introduction of Mourinho to the English game was great there appears to be a growing danger that Abramovich, Mourinho and Chelsea feel they are 'above the law'

There are too many instances already of their complete disregard for the laws of the game - Ashley Cole, Barcelona/Frisk, the Carling Cup Final, the Mourinho comments after the Cup semi against United, even the refusal to accept the charges after the game at Ewood - and these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Attempting to fine a club owned by one the world's richest men is laughable. A firm stance should be taken against them before they become completely 'unmanageable'

(by the way I haven't inserted a link to an article before so my apologies if this one hasn't worked - the article is on the BBC sport website)

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it," Mourinho was quoted as saying on the 27th February.

According to UEFA though, the Portugese manager made up the whole story.

Lying, cheating and refusing to accept a handshake at the end of a match........ He is quite simply not an honourable man and should therefore neither be considered nor treat as one.

Edited by thenodrog

The guys a complete p***k but on the other hand great entertainment.

The Porto side he created cheated their way to the European and UEFA cups, yet he complains about the very same tactics adopted against Chelsea?

Jose, we've all been to Chelsea with 8k on, you'll never created a decent football club with such fickle support......... ph34r.gif

PLASTIC..............

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.