BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

some of the chelsea fans still sing mourinhos name, his passion and his character is not only missed from chelsea but from english football, when he was at chelsea i didnt like them but i didnt mind them because i like mourinho.. the guys a legend!

I dont think the chelsea fans have sung grants name once yet! part of them still sing mourinho's name.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Frank Rijkaard is leaving his Barcelona job at the end of the season and is being replaced by Josep Guardiola, the club's reserve team coach.

In the link below it's claimed that a majority of the Barcelona board wanted Jose Mourinho to replace Rijkaard as manager, but the Barca president Joan Laporta has gone against the wishes of his board to appoint Guardiola.

There's been speculation that Mourinho will take over the reigns at Inter Milan next season, replacing Roberto Mancini who is leaving the club.

Link: "Majority of Barca's board wanted Mourinho"

It would appear you haven't been paying attention Smithy.

Mancini makes Inter U-turn

Isn't that from March?

The latest blowup from Moratti will change everything IMO

Back to Mourinho, wtf is Laporta thinking, Guardiola may be a club legend but is a drug cheat and doesn't even walk in Mourinho's shadow as a coach.

• 1 year later...

Did John Terry stab Mourinho in the back ?

I was interested to read claims made by Claude Makelele in his autobiography that John Terry played a leading role in the departure of Jose Mourinho after the pair had a blazing row over Terry's match fitness.

Makelele claims that Terry was frustrated at being informed he was to be rested on the bench following a back operation. Terry did not want to be a sub and felt that he needed playing time on the pitch to get his match fitness back, but Mourinho was insistent that Terry needed more time to recover before being put back in the team.

In his book called 'Claude Makelele - quite simply', the French midfielder wrote: "I got the news from a phone call from Didier Drogba. 'He'll be sacked tomorrow,' he told me."

Makelele said: "I thought Mourinho was practically untouchable - the next morning at training it was chaos. I asked our physical trainer Rui Faria why and he explained a lot of players had complained about Mourinho, notably John Terry."

Makelele wrote: "Jose Mourinho had told John that his level of performance was suffering because of his back problems and repeated clearly to Terry that he would be replaced until told otherwise. Mourinho pointed out that the central defence would from now on be Ricardo Carvalho and Alex. War had been declared. For John this was treason."

“Mourinho had provoked a clash too far. Had it been me, Ballack or Shevchenko it might have passed but if there is one person who is untouchable at Chelsea then it is John Terry. And Mourinho knew that. When John let his discontent be known to chief executive Peter Kenyon, the owner Roman Abramovich decided to react immediately: the departure of Terry was totally unimaginable, from the point of view of the supporters, the players or the club owners. It was Mourinho who was packing his bags."

Terry has dismissed the claims of Makelele and said at the weekend: "It's bizarre that Maka has put this in his book."

A statement released through Terry's lawyers read: "It has been claimed that John was in some way involved with the removal of Jose Mourinho as manager. This is categorically untrue and there is no foundation in this allegation."

But either Makelele's version of events are true or John Terry's version of events are true. They can't both be right. Clearly one of them isn't being entirely accurate with the truth. The question is - which one? And if Makelele's version of events are not true, what motive does the Frenchman have for telling lies?

Link below:

"Terry row led to Mourinho's exit," claims Makelele

Isn't that from March?

Back to Mourinho, wtf is Laporta thinking, Guardiola may be a club legend but is a drug cheat and doesn't even walk in Mourinho's shadow as a coach.

Right on one front, but oh so so so vvvvveeeeryryyy wrong on the other.

We'll see Neekoy, you may still end up being right. They haven't had too many challenges and we'll see how he manages when the wheels come off a bit. They were basically untested domestically and it wasn't until the semi-final and final that they faced serious opposition in the champions league and he was tactically out-thought in 2 of those 3 games. I think a lot of us would find it fairly easy to manage the side that they have now, what makes or breaks managers at top clubs is when they have to change the side a bit or when a batch of players lose form. Too soon to say that he's made the grade.

We'll see Neekoy, you may still end up being right. They haven't had too many challenges and we'll see how he manages when the wheels come off a bit. They were basically untested domestically and it wasn't until the semi-final and final that they faced serious opposition in the champions league and he was tactically out-thought in 2 of those 3 games. I think a lot of us would find it fairly easy to manage the side that they have now, what makes or breaks managers at top clubs is when they have to change the side a bit or when a batch of players lose form. Too soon to say that he's made the grade.

Maybe Eddie, but the first Manager to claim the treble in Spain's history and he did it in his first year. I thought he would be given six months so I was wrong but happy to admit it, they are playing beautiful football and even better quality then when Rijkaard was there

Isn't that from March?

Did he not fight successfully to clear his name on the drug charges?

Did he not fight successfully to clear his name on the drug charges?

He was cleared on appeal 11 May which is two days after my post, wasn't the point I was making though, I said he would make a @#/? Manager.

and very he's very funny on Special 1 TV :lol:

I think he is talking about Guardiola

• 2 months later...

Mourinho upsets the muslims....

It usually doesn't take much for them to get their knickers in a twist. But well done to Jose for not being rigidly politically correct and not being too frightened to speak his mind.

The source of muslim anger on this occasion is that Mourinho has dared to question whether it's right for his Ghanaian Inter Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari to undertake fasting during Ramadan.

Mouinho made a very early substitution midway through the first half of Inter Milan's match against Bari, taking Muntari off the field, and then angered muslims afterwards by saying that Muntari lacked energy because he had been fasting during Ramadan.

Mourinho is only doing his job as manager - for which he is highly paid - and he has the perfect right to be concerned about one of his player's nutrition and energy levels.

Nutritionists say that hydration is a major issue in sports and can affect aerobic capacity, strength and power. Another muslim player in Italy, the Algerian Abdelkader Ghezzal, says that he breaks his fast on match days and only observes the fast during his days off, when there are no games or training.

If any muslim footballers are fasting throughout the period of Ramadan, including match days, then clearly this would have an adverse effect on a player's energy levels.

I remember that there was outrage on this website from one or two of the usual suspects when I happened to mention in a post a few months ago that El Hadji Ousseynou Diouf - to give him his full name - and his former Bolton team-mate Nicholas Anelka were both muslim footballers. But clearly Mr Mourinho thinks that it's a relevant issue in terms of what a player does during Ramadan. I agree with him.

I'd be curious to know what exactly does Mr Diouf do during Ramadan and whether he fasts throughout the whole period or just on his days off. Rovers are paying the Senegalese player a lot of money in wages and it would be interesting to know whether he puts his religious beliefs ahead of his energy levels for Blackburn Rovers.

Link: Mourinho angers muslims over Ramadan

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Mourinho upsets the muslims....

It usually doesn't take much for them to get their knickers in a twist. But well done to Jose for not being rigidly politically correct and not being too frightened to speak his mind.

The source of muslim anger on this occasion is that Mourinho has dared to question whether it's right for his Ghanaian Inter Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari to undertake fasting during Ramadan.

Mouinho made a very early substitution midway through the first half of Inter Milan's match against Bari, taking Muntari off the field, and then angered muslims afterwards by saying that Muntari lacked energy because he had been fasting during Ramadan.

Mourinho is only doing his job as manager - for which he is highly paid - and he has the perfect right to be concerned about one of his player's nutrition and energy levels.

Nutritionists say that hydration is a major issue in sports and can affect aerobic capacity, strength and power. Another muslim player in Italy, the Algerian Abdelkader Ghezzal, says that he breaks his fast on match days and only observes the fast during his days off, when there are no games or training.

If any muslim footballers are fasting throughout the period of Ramadan, including match days, then clearly this would have an adverse effect on a player's energy levels.

I remember that there was outrage on this website from one or two of the usual suspects when I happened to mention in a post a few months ago that El Hadji Ousseynou Diouf - to give him his full name - and his former Bolton team-mate Nicholas Anelka were both muslim footballers. But clearly Mr Mourinho thinks that it's a relevant issue in terms of what a player does during Ramadan. I agree with him.

I'd be curious to know what exactly does Mr Diouf do during Ramadan and whether he fasts throughout the whole period or just on his days off. Rovers are paying the Senegalese player a lot of money in wages and it would be interesting to know whether he puts his religious beliefs ahead of his energy levels for Blackburn Rovers.

Link: Mourinho angers muslims over Ramadan

You are of course right, it does not take much for them Muslims to get upset and it is also common knowledge when ONE Muslim voices an opinion he/she speaks on behalf of ALL Muslims, in the same way Mourinho speaks on behalf of all Non Muslims :lol:

Seriously though loving the article, Mourinho has an opinion voices it (rightly so) and a newspaper creates a sensational headline, Muntari is fasting during Ramadan- that is his right, it is not obligatory for him, so maybe Inter need to speak to him about it, what did the bloke speaking on behalf of Muslims (!) say:

"I think Mourinho could do with talking a little less," he said. "A player who practices Islam does not perform less on the pitch." WOW that is SOO controversial!

Edited by imy9

• Backroom

It's a fair point you raise AESF and interesting to note about Diouf, in a way I hope he is fasting as his faith is more important than a job and that should be respected in my opinion.

I'm a Catholic by the way not that it makes any difference.

When I was 17 I traveled to Egypt in November to compete in a football tournament and in the third and final group game we faced the Egyptian side. In order to qualify for the knock-out stages we needed a win, but we went in at half-time trailing 2-0. It was hot, probably in the low 30 to mid 30's, no wind and the pitch itself had no shade despite the stands around it. The Egyptian's faded fast later on in the match and we went on to win the match 3-2 and eventually won the tournament, I have no doubt that their fasting played a role in that match. They were obviously the only Egyptian side that we faced, but how devout they were despite the obvious problems it caused amazed me. Not only were they not eating, but they even refused to have a proper intake of liquids, allowing themselves to only swill water around their mouths at half-time, but apart from that have nothing to drink.

I believe that Ramadan allows for people to break their fast if it puts others lives in danger (for example for pilots), but you would have thought that when your profession could put your own life at risk by fasting that you would also be allowed certain breaks. I don't see how a footballer sticking to the fast could be played.

Muslim fanatics threaten to kill Mourinho....

'The Special One' - Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho - has reportedly received death threats on Islamic extremist websites after he questioned his midfielder Sulley Muntari for fasting during Ramadan. Mourinho substitued Muntari early during a match against Bari and afterwards said that he took the action because Muntari was lacking energy during his Ramadan fast.

For the duration of a month millions of muslims throughout the world do not eat or drink between dawn and dusk during Ramadan. Islamic fanatics posting on extremist websites have now said that Mourinho should be killed for his "insulting" words about Ramadan.

Mohamed Nour Dachan, president of Union Of The Islamic Community in Italy, claims that muslim players are not weakened by fasting. "It can give them an extra edge on the field," he says.

Oh yes, there's nothing like starvation to sharpen the mind and quicken the boots is there?

I wonder if Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger will be telling their players not to eat or drink anything at all during the day before the 17.15 evening game between Man United and Arsenal on Saturday?

I wonder if Carlo Ancelotti will be telling his Chelsea players before their lunchtime game against Burnley on Saturday: "Don't drink any fluids at all. I don't care if it's hot out on the pitch I don't want you drinking any fluids at half-time".

I wonder if Sam Allardyce's "scientific" approach to the game will include telling his players not to drink or eat anything either before the West Ham match or during the half-time break?

But obviously Mohamed Nour Dachan knows best. He says that Ramadan can give muslim players an extra edge on the field. How dare Jose Mourinho question this. How dare Mourinho question the wisdom of one of his players for refusing to drink fluids on a hot day. Perhaps Mourinho should be instructing all of his players that even if it's over 100 Fahrenheit on the pitch, they must never drink any fluid to quench their thirst.

Clearly Mohamed Nour Dachan is barmy, as indeed are the Islamic extremists who now say that Jose Mourinho deserves to be killed for "insulting" Ramadan. Mourinho should be "cut down" according to one Islamic lunatic posting on an extremist website.

The link below is admittedly not from the most highbrow of newspapers.....

Mourinho receives death threats from muslim fanatics

It's a fair point you raise AESF and interesting to note about Diouf, in a way I hope he is fasting as his faith is more important than a job and that should be respected in my opinion.

I'm a Catholic by the way not that it makes any difference.

I agree that one's personal faith should override career matters. No argument there. AESF though, raises a more fundamental (no pun intended) point, in respect of the interaction of Moslem stricture with liberal Western tradition inherited from the Enlightenment, or at least what's left of it in the UK.

From the semi-voluntary conspiracy to curtail freedom of expression since the Salman Rushdie affair, cemented by the Danish cartoons debacle; the sordid collusion with Islamic reactionaries from Lockerbie to Afghanistan to the squalid tolerance of polygamy and Sharia law in British inner cities; the civic denial of Christian based faith festivals, our governing elite have met threats of Islamist violence or Moslem recalcitrance with appeasement and denial - rather than challenging it for what it truly is; a strategic menace to our Western values of tolerance and liberty.

Mourinho is a brave man for speaking his mind on this issue. If he had he done so in the UK, he would no doubt be facing a barrage of media and political criticism demanding that he either recant or resign.

Like the adoption of Sharia law, the publicly funded tolerance of polygamy and the civic disappearance of our Judeo-Christian heritage, it is only a matter of time before the FA are forced to consider demands from self-serving Moslem and human rights groups for a hiatus in the football season, so that Mohammedan footballers are not prejudiced by their obligation to publicly submit to the fasting requirements of their chosen faith.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.