• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my team (4-2-3-1):

Friedel

Nelsen Mokoena Todd Johansson

Thompson Savage

Emerton Tugay Pedersen

Dickov

This is the system MGP was used to play before coming to Rovers, it gives him easy opportunities to sneak into the box. 4-5-1 forces him (and Emerton) to stay out left/right to often.

Alternatively (4-4-2):

Friedel

Emerton Savage Tugay Pedersen

Dickov Amorouso

MGP is impressed about Tugays creativity and passing qualities, and loves to play with him on training sessions, why not give him a try? And Amorouso has good heading capacities, which is desperately needed up front. Everybody else has failed, so what do we have to loose? tongue.gif

My team would be:

Friedel

Nelsen, Mokoena, Todd, Johansson

Emerton, Tugay/Flitcroft, Savage, Pedersen

Dickov and Johnson/Stead

Subs: Reid, Jansen, Enckel, Matteo, Thommo

I'll go for a 3-1 win......Pedersen, Savage and Stead or Johnson scoring

A consolation for the visitors from Francis.

Team:

Friedel

Emerton Flitcroft Savage Pedersen

Jansen Dickov

Subs: Encks, Neill, Reid, Tugay, Stead

I like how the team looks apart from the striker situation and perhaps flitcroft/tugay at centre midfield. Has Reid ever played that position before, or would that be a gamble. Reid on the wing and Pederson in the midfield might generate some good football also.

Norwich's away record thus far this season is:

W 0 D 6 L 7 F 6 A 24

So on the basis we gave Boro their first win of 2005, we will no doubt provide Norwich with their first away win in 2004/5 Premiership football.

Worth noting that although Norwich score easilly at Carrow Road, they are the most goal shy travellers in the Prem- they would need to score 3 at Ewood to dump that honour onto the Rovers.

Realistically for Rovers, this is a must not loose rather than a must win although a win is hugely needed. Norwich draw a lot away but tend to get thrashed when they lose. Don't think another 7-1 is likely however (where's Roy Wegerle when you need someone to fall flat on their backside with the ball at their feet, two yards from an open goal- and still score? twice?)

My fear is that if Norwich score first, we will be in deep trouble. I think they are good enough to grab the first goal so...

Rovers 0

Norwich 3 (Waggy "told you so" as Ashton scores a hatrick)

Who is Rovers dangerman? Jay Bothroyd, hope you've chained him up

Am I the only one who noticed this? The only danger Bothroyd would pose would be to Rovers - making sure we loose the ball and not scoring when we have the chance!

I'm not as negative as most people on here but can't see us winning this one. I'll have to go for a 0-0 draw which will be good for us and bad for Norwich. And I actually agree with those who wanted Amorouso as a striker but only for the last 15 minutes. Rovers seem to be pumping high balls towards our forward(s) towards the end of the game so we should at least stick someone with a bit of muscle and height up there to cause som havoc.For this game I'd rather see Mokoena than Amorouso though.Also have a feeling that this will be a dirty game and that both teams might loose players to suspension or injuries. But Rovers will not go down - Norwich will! My team:

Friedel

Neill - Nelsen - Todd - Nissa

Emerton - Savage - Thommo - MGP

Stead - Dickov/Gally

Subs: Enks, Dickov/Gally,Tugay,Johnson,Mokoena

Why Neill and why Thompson? Because I think this is the kind of game where they might come good and gain som confidence which they sorely need after som gruelling perfomances. Same goes for Stead if my score-prediction is way of target (hope so!!) and I would love to see him partnered with Gally as I think they will make each other good. Mokoena and Johnson in as supersubs in second half if only Hughes for once will realise that subbing players is a good thing when the team on the field has run out of ideas and legs are tired. Dickov? Can't stand him no matter what people say and the fact that he's our "best" striker tells more about the rest of our "strikeforce" than it does about Dickov. Still - he might be useful as a sub. Nuff said. Up the Rovers! rover.gif

Who is Rovers dangerman? Jay Bothroyd, hope you've chained him up

Am I the only one who noticed this? The only danger Bothroyd would pose would be to Rovers - making sure we loose the ball and not scoring when we have the chance!

Think back to Rovers away v Norwich and it makes perfect sense.

We all agree that Tugay has incredible passing and vision, but cant defend! Savage does the defending, and we can now use Tu-Gay to unlock defences. We have to be more attacking at home, as Norwich will probably come to defend. I think were an attacking midfielder and a striker off being a good team. Next season should be alot better aslong as we stay up.

Or mabye use Mokoena as a defensive midfielder and play three more attacking players ahead of him, with todd and Nelsen at centre Back. 4-1-3-2.

Friedel

Neil Todd Nelsen Johansson

Mokoena

Emerton Savage Pedersen

Stead Dikov

Don't know if we shouldd take the lead in this match!!!

Stats on comebacks!

When falling behind
                    W D L  Behind Pts Gained 
1. Norwich City     3 5 12 14 

9. Blackburn Rovers 0 7 11 7

but then again

When taking the lead
                    W D L  Ahead Pts lost
9. Blackburn Rovers 5 4 1 11 
13. Norwich City    3 4 0 8

Edited by modes98

dont give a toss about the actual scoreline as long as we win

a 99th minute defelction from a goal kick off steadinos left big toe will doe nicely rolleyes.gif

as for the crowd, naaarwich have requested a furhter 1000 tickets and are expecting to bring around 3k fans, should be colourful at least

crowd 22500

Jordon, what are you using at the moment, and can you get it without prescription?

The lady in the Gisburn Post Office queue reckons it will be like when we played "bottom of the league"-Forest. They won , but we both went down!

Jordon, what are you using at the moment, and can you get it without prescription?

The lady in the Gisburn Post Office queue reckons it will be like when we played "bottom of the league"-Forest. They won , but we both went down!

Ace - looks like same lady has been reading my earlier posts laugh.gif

This has all the hallmarks of when we last went down and Forest came to town - we are in a quandry with formations not knowing what to play and had no attacking nous of any use -just like then and I can see the same result with us going down 2-1 with Norwich now looking like they found the scoring boots -unless we do something about our attacking formations

I'm sensing a good match from Tugay, if he is played. He is streaky and is due for a hot spell soon. I'd go with 2-0 with at least one beautiful pass by Tugs to set up a goal (if not both).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.