Germany v Argentina

France v Sweden

Italy v Russia

Northern Ireland v Canada

Wales v Hungary

Venezuela v Estonia

Chile v Ecuador

Australia Squad v South Africa

Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough), Clint Bolton (APIA Leichhardt); Lucas Neill (Blackburn), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City), Craig Moore (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace), Stephen Laybutt (Gent), Tony Vidmar (Cardiff), Jon McKain (National Bucharest), Danny Tiatto (Leicester) , Vince Grella (Parma), Archie Thompson (Lierse), Brett Emerton (Blackburn), Marco Bresciano (Parma), Mile Sterjovski (Basle), Scott Chipperfield (Basle), Jason Culina (Twente Enschede), Paul Agostino (1860 Munich), Max Vieri (Ternana)

I'd have no idea how Frank Farina is going to lie up this poor looking side, and i expect us to lose to south africa, as they have have there strongest team in for some time, and we are depleted as hell.

Viduka, Cahill, Kewell, Lazaridis, Skoko all out at the minute.

Id like to see (in a perfect world with my squad)

----------Schwarzer

----Neil Moore McKain Tiatto

Emerton Grella Bresciano Elrich

-------McDonald Culina

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm off to South Korea - Kuwait in the first game of the second stage of Asian WC qualifiers.

Japan-North Korea should be fascinating. NK haven't played abroad too much for the past decade so nobody knows much about them but everyone just assumed they were crap. But there has been a new footballing regime, set up inevitably by Kim Jong-il.

Reports are the North Koreans are looking good and the players have been offered cars, cash and houses if they beat the hated Japanese.Most people in the south will be delighted if they do.

Bahrain - Iran should also be a goody as Bahrain put paid to Iran's chances of automatic qualification for 2002- amid lots and lots of bad feeling.

Some of the younger lads are playing for the countries tonight as well, or are at least in the squad.

Paul Gallagher is in the Scotland squad for the Under-21 game tonight against Northern Ireland in Belfast.

John Fitzgerald (defender currently on loan to Bury) will play for the Republic of Ireland in their Under-21 game away to Portugal.

and

Jonathon Stead has been called into the England Under-21 squad to play Holland at Pride Park tonight.

Is that true, FLBlue ?

I 'll be crossing my fingers that Steady gets a good, long workout on the pitch vs. the Dutch youngsters....

our boy needs a nice dose of confidence, we desperately need him to awake from his termlong slumber.

C'mon Steady.... go get yours !!! tinykit.gif

I reckon Pedersen is going to start - no doubt. He got to play when he wasn't even playing for Blackburn, so I guess he has no worries about that...

user posted image

Pedersen interviewing Erik Hagen (Zenit St. Petersburg)...in "Russian"! laugh.gif I laughed so hard from the

MGP: "blablabla...svetlana?"

E. Hagen: "ahhh...svetlana??"

rolleyes.gif

Hagen..  wub.gif

Should have been Rovers property..

Erik Bjornstad Hagen, right? He was a god in CM 01/02 and I seem to recall him having an interesting tussle with Shearer during a uefa game a couple of years ago.

Correctomundo!

The tussle with Shearer was about a year ago, he also had quite a tussle with our own Paul Dickov when Norway played Scotland a few months ago.. tougher than most, and also has pace and a diehard attitude. Quality defender.

Thanks emerton for posting this thread.

International football is so utterly inconsequential that I'd missed the fact that MGP will be playing in Malta tomorrow evening- I'll pop along and give him a shout.

Remind me, "cuidado's behind you" is Norwegian for "up Norway"?

Nice to see Jansen on the score sheet tonight for a change. Anyone know why he is playing for the German u-21s?

like he does for Rovers - nothing is coming off for him, and he's had at least one chance when he should have had a go but waited too long and was disposessed - ie just like for Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.