BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers On Talk Sport

It's almost as though Blackburn are becoming the new Leicester. Scrappy players who can fight and battle and are capable of scraping up a few points where perhaps they shouldn't get them. They had a few decent ball players in the same way that we have one or two talented ones who find it hard to shine in such a situation.

Scotty is right in that it doesn't matter at all what people think of us. This isn't a popularity contest - it's Premiership football.

However, look where Leicester are now. Relegated and mid-table in the Championship with no immediate return immanent. Scrapping will only work for so long. We need to inject real genuine quality in the summer.

Those are some good points.

At the moment, only MGP and Tugay would make the difference between Blackburn being a team of 'scrappers' and a team of footballers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they said the same things about wimbledon and their route 1 style of play however when they went down, and had to clear house, an awful lot of fashionable clubs came to buy. many are still gainfully employed.

this is merely a phase that rovers are going through and the team will be back to flowing football next season.

gang tackling and constant pressure to recover possession are trade mark tactics for the greatest teams in the world. if you do not have that ability at your club then wave the prem goodbye.

• 1 year later...

My bathroom radio only has AM on it now, so listened to TalkSPORT this morning in the bath-was it me or was Alan Brazil quite drunk while doing his `show` today?

Yeah I heard him. Got on one because of a debate over George Benson and Nat King Cole, who was the best.

Brazil is a tremendous broadcaster ; had to be reinstated due to popular demand after being sacked for being drunk so often a while ago :o

His morning show with Beacroft (sp) is always good for a laugh . The other day the latter was subjected to a torrent of abuse from Brazil . His crime ? Admitting to going to the theatre to watch Arthur Miller's "All My Sons"... Too poncey for Mr Brazil :ph34r: :o

Good link , TRIS :)

Edited by blue phil

Have to admit to being a TalkSport addict. Brazil and Beeky on my way to work; Hawksbee and Jacobs on the way home. My only gripe with the station is that they put that idiot James Whale on after 10 in the evening so if I'm driving home from a night out or somewhere exotic like Teesside or Nottingham I can't listen to the radio. Quite often disagree with the rubbish presenters like Adrian Durham and Mike Parry spout but at least it keeps you awake on a long journey even if it's only because you're shouting abuse at the drivel.

Brazils breakfast show is the best on the radio- superb listening most of the time.

the issue i have with talksport is Patrick Kinghorn- he has a go at Rovers any chance he gets!

He says things such as "Blackburn isnt a football town". Now i simply turn over whenever that idiot is on.

A real classic if ever there was one....do they actually pay that div to make a fool of himself? :lol:

i know!

As stated above, he is Sherwoods cousin but has repeatedly said even when we were pushing for the championship we couldnt fill the ground, and questions if we should be in the premiership.

I have been listening for talk sport for years, but can't listen to that chump. :(

I have been listening for talk sport for years, but can't listen to that chump. :(

kinghorn reached new depths, last night. when discussing "players in the thatcher mould"

(not suprisingly, cockneys were ring up in their droves naming savage, lucas, todd and dickov. 1 idiot defended michael browns conduct, saying ''savage was worse!" :o )

kinghorn stated "i'm sure players like lucas neill have deliberately gone out to hurt fellow professionals."

do us all a favour lucas. consult your lawyers and get this gobsh*** off the airways!

I'd rather not have him do that Pleasure. I think lucas would be far wiser, especially now that he is our captain, to simply keep his head down and get on with life. Comments like that don't justify a response, we don't need players following the Bellamy line and throwing insults right, left and centre.

I'd rather not have him do that Pleasure. I think lucas would be far wiser, especially now that he is our captain, to simply keep his head down and get on with life. Comments like that don't justify a response, we don't need players following the Bellamy line and throwing insults right, left and centre.

if he was making comments like that about me, i wouldnt stand for it.

at the very least, lucas should ask his solicitor to have a word with talksport's powers that be. talksport presenters have been sacked for much less in the past.

I have absolutely no doubt that Lucas Neill has intentionally hurt opposition players. The first example that springs to mind is Cisse in the infamous "Fowler offside" game last season. There was one tackle where there was absolutely no doubt Neill was going to miss the ball in order to appease a crowd who were beginning to boo Cisse massively.

That said, he is far from the only one. No angel though, and there is no doubt in my mind that on occasion he hasn't had a problem with hurting other players.

if he was making comments like that about me, i wouldnt stand for it.

at the very least, lucas should ask his solicitor to have a word with talksport's powers that be. talksport presenters have been sacked for much less in the past.

He probably, and quite rightly, pays no attention to fools with mics. Don't know why we need to get upset for him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.