BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Funny Stories Of Derby Day Vrs Burnley

Gav

Just read the other post - hitting players with stones, the legendary vans full of fans, banjoing (couldn't work this one out - why would football fnas from Blackburn have Banjo's with em, then I remembered deliverance)

Wow - I guess we'd better be careful on Sunday - and I thought the buses and police protection were for your benefit

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the stories mentioned are 15-30 years old chaps so i'm sure you'll be fine. Thankfully Blackburn left its hooliganism problem back in the 70's and 80's, pity burnley has still catch up ohmy.gif

I bet TK Max are boarding up their windows as we speak biggrin.gif

Just been down to my dads and he asked how we're getting to the game so i said we're getting dropped of and then maybe train or coach back:

"When we used to go we marched"

"We once walked to blackpool setting of Friday night from penny street and you could tell which way the Rovers fans had gone because all the street signs were bent over on route to Blackbpool"

Right Dad.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

It depends really, we've got a boozer lined up but i'll find out tomorrow if he's opening or not. The said boozer was open last time out and had plenty of Rovers fans in before and after the game.

Can you imagine all the Rovers fans heartily singing “There’s only one Stevie Cotterill’ on Sunday?

Well Ewood Park April 1983 saw Frank Casper, the then Burnley manager, getting the full support of the Blackburn End in the same vein when he rounded on the scum in the Darwen End who were chucking shards of asbestos roofing at their own fans.

‘Animals, you’re animals’ he declared over the tannoy from the Nuttall Street touchline!

Actually, it isn’t very funny, is it really….more like bizarre.

My old man, said be a Bumley fan, I said f\*2 off you silly, gormless tw@t,

tw@t, tw@t, tw@t........

A bow-legged chicken and a knock-kneed hen, ain't had a fight since I don't know when, come down to Ewood that's our den, we are the Blackburn Boot Boys!

If I had the wings of an angel, the dirty black ar$e of a crow, I'd fly over Bumley tomorrow and $hit on the b@arstewards below, below.....etc

There's an alehouse in Bumley I used to frequent, I met Stevie Cotterill his money all spent, he asked me to play, I answered him nay, cos I hate Bumley barstewards til my dying day and its NO, NAY, NEVER, no, nay never no more WILL we play Bumley barstewards, no never no more!

The team they called the Bumley went to Rome to see the pope, the team they called the Bumley went to Rome to see the pope, the team they called the Bumley went to Rome to see the pope and this is what he said.....who's that team they call the Rovers? Who's that team they all adore? Well they're dressed in Blue n white and they're ready for a fight so come on Bumley barstewards have a go!

Even if the Clarets win tomorrow, Rovers will remain superior....and they know it !! Jason and Marcus for OBEs.

Rovers here, Rovers there....etc

Come ON! rover.gif

Never felt more like singing the blues,

The Rovers win, the Burnley lose,

Oh Rovers,

You've got me singing the blues.

Chin chimminee....

Hark the Herald Angels sing,

The Rovers win on Boxing Day

And we will sing for evermore

Because of Boxing Day.

What do you think of Burnley? ..........

Come on go through the whole repertoire at the Turf!

Last time we played at Turf Moor - when a Burnley fan was so busy giving rovers coaches the v's, he didnt look where he was going and walked straight into a lamp post... ouch!

laugh.gif

The exact same thing happened yesterday laugh.giflaugh.gif

The first two coaches on the near side of Belvedere Road after the game - 45 and 46 - got the best view.

A pair of dingle youth walking down the other side of the road trying to look hard - CLONK!! One of them goes straight into the signpost.

There were still dickheads getting arrested at that corner even just before the coaches set off for trying to take on the police. Do they not have their own beds to sleep in?

• 3 years later...

Been sorting my computer filing system out :unsure: , (no I haven't got anything better to do) and I found some footage I took before the away match in the FA cup t'other year. Mildly amusing

WARNING-Contains foul and abusive language-do not click on the links if offended by industrial language.

Been sorting my computer filing system out :unsure: , (no I haven't got anything better to do) and I found some footage I took before the away match in the FA cup t'other year. Mildly amusing

WARNING-Contains foul and abusive language-do not click on the links if offended by industrial language.

Any more?

Like in the Match its self?

• 1 year later...
What a thread!

Anyone got anymore to share? :brfc:

Taken from another thread:

I recall being told a story about a lad that used to drink in the Clifton arms and later worked in the Jubilee that jumped the fence in the corner of the riverside late 70’s, he ran alone into the 5000 burnley fans in the darwen end, they backed off, must have thought he was carrying a grenade! Then he was saved by the police, fined and they had a whip round in the pub to pay his fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.