BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Mgp Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentators mentioned that when he was 14-15 or so he scored SIX goals straight from corners in just one game. It's not quite as unbelievable as it sounds, I've seen with my own eyes someone score three goals like that in one game. That too was at youth level, although a year or two younger players. I believe it was quite soon after making the transition to full sized pitches and 11 players, as at least here it's 7 a side when kids are younger. It's not possible to do it several times over with fullgrown 'keepers and defenders wink.gif

Cuiado isnt banned at all.

I''m surprised he hasnt come back on gloating at this run of form.

I still believe that Hughes got it right by resting him from competitive games whilst building up his fitness. We are now seeing the results of this.

All we need now is for MGP to show Emerton what a final ball is all about.

he looks a talent that Pedersen, its amazing how one month he's a sub then he's probably our best offensive player.

but he's living up to his goal scoring record which is just brilliant for a midfielder.

Hopwefully next season with a couple of class stirkers we could do ok with Pedersen and Emerton on the wings.

It's weird to read this kind of thread now, with all the bashing MGP & Norwegians rooting for him got earlier on smile.gif

But it's great to see Blackburn getting some very important points, and Pedersen settling down in the starting elleven.

Absolutely.

I for one was not bashing him or the Norwegian contingent.

But let's not get too carried away. After all Emerton started the season like a house on fire and hasn't sustained that form.

Let's just accept that Hughes is getting to know the team he needs to pick but it is a squad game and we need all to play their part.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

Cuiado isnt banned at all.

I''m surprised he hasnt come back on gloating at this run of form.

Probably because he found the official forum and renamed himself/herself as djvice. Think it is cuidado as there is an MGP avatar on show, only posts seemingly about MGP and his signature is Bellamy11's "MGP's v02max-level my arse, his shitness level is off the charts" which cuidado took great exception to on here, despite Bellamy11 not even posting on that site. Seems he did a real number on cuidado!

rover.gif i think mgp is another feather in MARK HUGHES cap,he did look out off his depth when he arrived at ewood,and hughes and his staff have obviously worked on his fitness and strength,the guy is improving and if he carries on he may become another winger we all love tinykit.gif

Interestingly enough, from watching him the place I think he needs to improve the most is getting good crosses in. He obviously strikes a ball well and has good passing skills so it shouldn't be a problem. If next year we have threats in the box, he will need to beat his man and get the ball in, and the moment he just isn't doing it, though I can understand this as he only has Dickov and Gallagher to aim at.

MGP for 17 million? Hmm...that would be terrible. biggrin.gif

I'd wait 3 or 4 years before deciding that I wouldn't bite anyone's hand off if they came in with that sort of money, at the moment though I would take it. Having said that, what makes me like him the most isn't the quality of his play, more just how he behaves. He seems to care and enjoy it, you can really tell it when he celebrates and goes to the crowd, very few of our players at the moment seem to have that in them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.