BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amoruso Would Love Rangers Return

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank **** he's out of favour. I was really scared that Hughesy would have some sort of brain-explosion and play the useless lump of lard. Thank god HE'S not as stupid as his predecessor.

The least pleasant experience of Saturday was seeing the useless lump

warming down with the rest of the members of the squad not in the 16. Till that moment I'd actually managed to put his existence out of my head.

Now I'm going to feel free to say what I've thought for a while. Andy Todd

(or anyone else in the squad- I'm not fussy- please crock the useless ****** until June. Then, if we haven't sold him by the end of the transfer window, crock him again until January. Repeat ad nauseam until he's out of contract.

God I'll be glad to see the back of him.

PS- can you tell I don't like him as a player

PPS- I'd LOVE him to go back to Rangers. Make Celtic's job even easier (As

the return of the small, useless one has).

PPS- Nice bloke- apparently

What a old moaning bag you are.. hows your cleaning show on Channel 4 doing you wind bag

SORRY CHAPS!!! the man is still a rovers player and untill other wise he will get my full support , granted he may be over paid and 5 th choice CD but if injuries arrise (as we know often do at our club) and we need him, slagging the bloke will be counter productive to our top flight survival.

Rant over smile.gif

Out-of-favour Blackburn Rovers defender Lorenzo Amoruso says he would love to return to Rangers.

That's the first thing that I've agreed with, since Amoruso signed for us. A truly shocking defender and really makes you wonder how on earth Souness thought that he would make us better. Hughes has rightly left him out of the side, now that we have Todd, Nelsen, Johansson and Mokoena all playing well, Amoruso has no chance of getting into the side. Another example of a crap signing by Rovers.

How do you work that one out he hasnt played for ages . Just saying if the time comes and we do need him then we should all be pulling in the right direction . The man is a confidence player (just finished my leadership and mentoring course ) and if needed would rather him be mentaly fit as opposed to being on a downer.

I'm amazed at all the criticism. People were defending him when he was in the team and then he got injured. Has he got worse at football invisibly whilst he was on the treatment table?

Don't get me wrong, he can leave for all I care, and he's probably on too much money when you consider he's (rightfully) fifth-choice, but was it really that long ago that so many people were saying "new Colin Hendry"?

The man is a confidence player (just finished my leadership and mentoring course ) and if needed would rather him be mentaly fit as opposed to being on a downer.

What a vacuous phrase "confidence player".

Every player relies on their confidence. Problem with him is that he's over-confident, hence he makes mistakes.

What is wrong with making criticism of him on here? Should we be careful to criticise players down the pub, in case it gets overheard, relayed back to them, and damages their brittle confidence?

Hes just inconsistent, he can play really well and can also play really bad. Hes had some good games for us and as for celtic, hes been man of the match in almost every old firm game in the last 6 years.

Hes always given 100% for rovers and has been commited, hes done alot of work behind the scenes for us with schools etc Its fair that at his age he doesnt want to be a reserve player so if hes not going to be involved i agree he should leave. Good guy tho so if he does play before the end of the season he deserves a good send off.

The man is a confidence player (just finished my leadership and mentoring course ) and if needed would rather him be mentaly fit as opposed to being on a downer.

What a vacuous phrase "confidence player".

Every player relies on their confidence. Problem with him is that he's over-confident, hence he makes mistakes.

What is wrong with making criticism of him on here? Should we be careful to criticise players down the pub, in case it gets overheard, relayed back to them, and damages their brittle confidence?

I think you are deliberatly missing my point . My point is that (and it is in black and white a few posts back) until he ends his contract with Rovers then he should in my OPINION be given the support of the fans . Yes I agree with you this forum is about debate and opinion, otherwise it would be very boring, and yes we should be able to criticise players , but how many times have you seen/ heard fans abusing players at matches ?

Like I said earlier, ammo in the right frame of mind or ammo head else where I know which I would prefer. - Todd and Nelsen lol.

Wasn't Amo one of the main reasons we stayed up last season? He came back into the team and rovers started winning. Not forgetting he scored a free-kick for rovers which we have never done for about 10 years.

very true. He was amzing in our most important games last season and along with stead and tugay kept us up.

Would be sad to see him leave, but he's really made an effort for this club and will always be welcome back IMO!

Good luck Amo, we'll miss you!

Was the irony really that obvious? dry.gif

I was really expecting at least ONE bashing post, but no.. disappointing to say the least!

Wasn't Amo one of the main reasons we stayed up last season? He came back into the team and rovers started winning. Not forgetting he scored a free-kick for rovers which we have never done for about 10 years.

10 years is an exaggeration! Remember Hignett getting a couple (Stockport home, Bolton away in the first division) and Dunn scored in the FA Cup at the Reebok in the same season. That's just off the top of my head. I'd like to see us replace Amo with someone with a bit more pace- like my gran.

Saw the programme last night. It was a play on his Love God image. I think it is probably the weight of his manhood which makes him overweight. He did seem a bit gutted that he wasn't allowed to leave which makes me think "F**k you, you're under contract here so how dare you try and sell yourself to another club."

But I suppose everyone else does it.

Personally I would be delighted to see him go as I think he is a really bad player.

erm not wanting to jump on the bandwagon here or owt - but on our run of 6 wins that kept us up last season someone came back from injury and went into the team - that was Amo - the game he didnt play in (Spurs away) we lost. Coincidence? possibly - more likely that his passing and distribution (plus free kick - thank you Edwin) made up for any defensive deficiencies he has - he also played brilliantly against Man U at the start of the season until his red card.

But hey your all ungrateful / bigited or blind - we may have better defenders now but Amo has got more positives in his rovers ledger than negatives -but what would i know?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.