BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amoruso Would Love Rangers Return

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we 'gave away' Berg because he ###### about over a contract extention? Nah, that can't be true, it would reflect on Souness in a good light. Anyway, Jan, Berg played in Rangers defence in a season when they couldn't beat Celtic - by your logic he must have been an appalling player.

McLeish has said he doesn't want Amo.

Reports coming out of Newcastle indicate that Boumsong has a Dunn-like career threatening injury. He's managed two games, both hamstrings are gone and he has a back problem.

Perhaps Amo will end up at St James's after all.

Amo has many of the desirable extras that you'd like in a defender but sadly he CANNOT defend. The guy is a liability at the back and considering that it is his job to defend then the guy is not worth playing. A defender's first priority is to stop goals and Amo doesn't do that. (Off the top of my head I can recall him playing az large part in goals conceeded against Fulham, that Turkish team and man city). I'm not saying Amo doesn't have qualities, he does - just not as a defender.

Since Hughes has dropped Amo/or he's been injured our defence has tightened up considerably - coincidence? The good news is that Amo wants to go, the bad news is no one wants him, even Rangers.

Regardless of whether Amo is a decent player or not, i think most people would agree that the centre backs don't need changing and that Amo is fifth choice for the cb position. His wages are too much for a 5th choice cb so we should get rid and put the wages towards a striker or centre mid. Amo wanting to leave is good news as hopefully it'll help us get him off the books in the summer.

erm not wanting to jump on the bandwagon here or owt - but on our run of 6 wins that kept us up last season someone came back from injury and went into the team - that was Amo - the game he didnt play in (Spurs away) we lost. Coincidence? possibly - more likely that his passing and distribution (plus free kick - thank you Edwin) made up for any defensive deficiencies he has - he also played brilliantly against Man U at the start of the season until his red card.

But hey your all ungrateful / bigited or blind - we may have better defenders now but Amo has got more positives in his rovers ledger than negatives -but what would i know?

Agree with that. He's simply the typcial MB scapegoat really. Not the best player ever by any means, but we've had worse, and he does have something to offer our squad.

• 1 year later...

This is getting a bit boring now. I'm quite sure the guy didn't want his career at Rovers to turn out the way it has, he can't help injuries and I always felt that we stood chances with set pieces (paritularly corners) with him around, don't seem to be able to say that much now.

Give it a rest, please, guys. Amo will be gone come the summer anyway.

This is getting a bit boring now.  I'm quite sure the guy didn't want his career at Rovers to turn out the way it has, he can't help injuries and I always felt that we stood chances with set pieces (paritularly corners) with him around, don't seem to be able to say that much now.

Give it a rest, please, guys.  Amo will be gone come the summer anyway.

386231[/snapback]

Good post. Although when he leaves Jan will lose one of her names to hilariously adapt. She'll be down to "Puke" and one or two others. Disaster.

Good post. Although when he leaves Jan will lose one of her names to hilariously adapt. She'll be down to "Puke" and one or two others. Disaster.

386232[/snapback]

shes remarkably quite about Tugay, the ex ranger and Souness buy isnt she?

When was the last time Amoruso played for us at any level?

386242[/snapback]

He's played twice for the reserves this season, but his last league action was in the 4-0 home defeat by Middlesbrough 16th October 2004

Amoruso has always seemed like a nice guy, and if we are honest - he did help us to stay up at one point. Obviously also a horrible signing by Souness, considering his wages (and Henning Berg moving the opposite direction) and transfer fee. (2 millions or something?)

Here's hoping for a quick transfer come summer, and a successfull one for the big Italian.

I have no axe to grind about Tugay. When at Rangers he didn't make any inflammatory utterances and he was bumped for the obnoxious little baby Ferguson

The issues I had with Amoruso were that he was rubbish and that we'd lost Berg for THAT, and the issues with Ferguson were that he was overpriced and a mammy's boy. Don't think I was wrong in either.

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.