SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God i dont want to tempt fate on a prediction, but i`m not worrying about losing, i think we should win easily.

burnleys top scorer is moore with a grand total of 6 GOALS.

So i think its odds on we are going to keep a clean sheet.

Den, seeing as you've locked the other dingle thread, hows about that 1 for the message board Gold?

I would love to see that thread merged with this thread and have the gigantic thread closed weeks after the match and stored in the Message Board Gold forum.

Doesn't really matter either way... just a suggestion.

0-3 Rovers. Nothing will get through our defense (sorry about the 's' folks--just tried and true Septic English) now that Nelsen has been given the word on the DC United BigSoccer board: "Hey Nellie - Burnley are like the Metroscum, only with different accents and without the diving Guevara. DESTROY THEM!!!"

Rovers have picked up a new pack of followers due to Nelsen's signing, most of whom will be watching the match on Sunday. Consequently, Burnley will have a new pack of detractors.

Nothing wrong with that biggrin.gif

I am not going to try a prediction. I am NOT too confident on this one actually. Burnley seem to be outplayed most games but don't concede, nick a goal and game over. Stevie Cotterill is no dummy, he knows how big this is for him, he will want to grab the glory so he will have been working a game plan since the draw was made.

If the dingles get the first one it will be tight. Law of averages say we have to lose to them sometime, just hope it's not this time.

Will be interesting to see how many come up with the 'it doesn't matter the leagues more important' statement when whoever wins.

Stop kidding yourself - this means the dogs bollux regardless so we'd better win

Can't really say I am am confident though (too much over confidence for one on here) and I will be really worried if we go behind.

I'll tell you now it matters to me BUT if you were to give me a choice of beating you boys or a place in the play-offs - well I've gone 25 years without a victory, whats a few more?

We are massive underdogs for this one, though of course now we have added another loan signing we do have 13 outfield players to chose from (ignore the kids - if the manager thought they were good enough he would have tried them already)

Still, feeling good about this. We have proved to be hard to beat this season.

Still love the confidence - I hope your squad are approaching the game with the same lack of respect for their opposition

I do respect Burnley. They are currently 12th out of a 24-team league, which is i feel is a "very very tremendous" feat, while Rovers are just 16th in a 20-team league.

1-nil to Rovers. Own goal from Whittingham.

Thank you.

12 with upto 4 games in hand on teams above us.

In theory we could go upto 7th - just 10 places below you

Still love the arrogance, as I say lets hope your squad have the same and get the same fate as Villa and Liverpool before you.

I do respect Burnley. They are currently 12th out of a 24-team league, which is i feel is a "very very tremendous" feat, while Rovers are just 16th in a 20-team league.

Thank you.

Still love the arrogance, as I say lets hope your squad have the same and get the same fate as Villa and Liverpool before you.

Why is it that Burnley fans always quote the position in the league as if they are in the same league as us ?

Just 10 places below us ?

You're having a laugh.

1) you need to win those games in hand

2) You need to get promoted to be compared in the same league.

Burnley will hopefully never get promoted to the premier league.

I had this ready a couple of days ago but didn't want to post it on the other thread as it was going downhill so.........

.... I've read in a few different places Burnley fans saying they don;t feel our team on Sunday is as good as that of December 2000. Therefore I thought I'd compare the two teams:-

Friedal 2005 V Friedal 2000

Remember when Brad signed. The general feeling was why get in a guy that failed at liverpool when Filan is doing so well. However over the last 5 years we've seen the difference between a good keeper and a great keeper. However I have to say that over the last 12 months Brad's standards haven't been of the same quality as his previous 3 years. Don't get me wrong he's still very good but i feel that 5 years ago, when he was taking the full force of Paytons crude, deperate lunging studs on his thigh, he was slightly better.

Rovers New 0 - 1 Rovers Old

Neil V Curtis

In 2000 we thought Curtis was Prem class. However he mysteriously disappeared from sight once we got promoted leading us to believe he wasn't good enough. Or was he another Souness fallout? His career since Rovers maybe proves it was the former. Neill is hardly great but takes this one.

Rovers New 1 - 1 Rovers Old

Todd V Taylor

I've put Toddy up against Taylor to help the current squad's cause wink.gif because despite being our best defender he isn't going to beat a 2000 model Berg!

RN 2 - 1 RO

Nelson V Berg

Sorry Ryan!

2-2

Nissa V Bjornebye

Sorry but I think Stig takes it. His distributions was woeful but a defenders job should be first of all to defend and on this score he's better than Johannsen at full back. I can't recall a winger actually skinning him and his positional sense (and his offside awareness - watch the norwich highlights again and watch Nissa play them onside for every 1st half chance) make him the choice.

2-3

MGP V Duff

Poor old Morten. Brought in early season with the task of replacing Duffer he never really had a chance. There are very few players who could waltz through defences like the mercurial Irishman and for the next few years the Rovers faithful are probably going to compare every other left winger to him. MGP has had more pages than Savage and Ferguson without even playing and even managed to bring Anglo - Norwegian relations on the board to breaking point. And now he's up against Duff here aswell. Poor Morten. sad.gif

RN 2 -4 RO

Emerton V McAteer

If we're talking the McAteer that shone like a beacon on Turf Moor in December 2000 then Emertons knackered. However most of the other time Jason flattered to live up to his Liverpool gloryboy image. Emerton also has failed to live up to expectations but may be suffering fromthe 'Duffer' syndrome (see above). Brett takes it - but not by much.

3-4

Tugay V Dunn

Tugay when he first arrived would be prefered over the pie-munching Dunny that we offloaded to Birmingham. However Tugs has now got a bit older and started to confide in his invisible friend a bit more these days and, back in 2000, Dunn was still a hot England prospect who seemed to be able to run a bit. His contribution to our promotion was immense IMO and takes this battle.

3-5

Savage V 2000 model Flitcroft

I've put 2000 model Flitcroft but to be honest there's not much difference because Flitty never had pace. The only major change is we now know what he was doing in his spare time back then wink.gif . We were told that Savage had more to his game than passion , energy and running but as yet I've yet to see it in a Blue and White shirt. However that's roughly what Flitcroft has been about over the last 9 years and i think Sav takes it.

4-5

Gallacher V Bent

Time may prove Gally to be the better player. However on prem form at the minute it's Marcus who I'd rather see back in blue and white. However back in 2000 he didn;t look the player that he seems now. I'm going to call this a draw.

4-5

Dickov V Hughes

Sparky still put in the effort but, unless it was a cup final, his mobility was seriously hampered by the time he arrived a Ewood. Dickov certainly doesn't suffer from the same problem. He can be as petulant as Hughesy too!

FINAL SCORE

Current Rovers 5 - 5 Old Rovers

Therefore by my calculations we should win 2-0 !!!!

Try dropping Tugay and playing Flitty and do that scoring thingy again and based on a physical game we would be a damned sight tougher than the class of 2000. mad.gif

Given that Spurs and Lpool Foreign Legions Res had little heart for a dour battle on a ###### pitch I dont think that Burnley will find Hughes's BRFC will roll over quite as easily. And if you negate their blood sweat and toil then scumley should be no match.

Thank you.

Is this the way to Amarillo, you'll be weeping on your pillows.

Hey, I think Hughes might put out a full strength team and we will NOT show up with the apathy that Villa did. Your friend O'Leary said worst performance he's ever seen from his team I think. Doubt we will be that slack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.