SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be good. After their win over Liverpool's under 12s B team (and still only due to one of the worst own goals ever) Burnley think they've got a chance. it'll make it all the sweeter when we wallop em.

I think any manager of rovers would've sussed out this is a biggie - this goes doubly for Hughes who knows not only how important it is but the atmosphere and tone of the game.

After walloping Norwich I'm very confident we'll win. We're finally showing that we can beat poor opposition. (Though I still have doubts about us against quality opposition.)

Reasons we'll win.

Todd and Nelsen looking strong at the back and can handle what will undoubtedly be a physical encounter.

MGP is on fire (not literally.) I fancy him and Emo to terrorize the Burnley defence.

Dickov's back on the goal scoring trail.

Tugay will be up for this and I reckon he's likely to put in a good game. His sophisticated passing will be too much for Burnley.

Matteo should miss the game through injury and Amo will miss it cause he's pants.

Savage is miles better than anyone in the Burnley squad and will dominate the midfield.

All in all I reckon 2-0 to the Rovers with Savage and Emerton to score. If we score early it could be a few more.

2-0 Rovers. rover.gif

Come Monday lunchtime and the pubs of Bumley are awash with dodgy clothing and Boots hand creams/facial products after yet another classic fit of robbing pique by the local yokels!.

Window fitters on bonus time galore. laugh.gif

P.S. It is every man,woman and childs duty on Sunday to stand for 90 mins and make that stand vibrate down to its foundations with sound.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

This is going to be good. After their win over Liverpool's under 12s B team (and still only due to one of the worst own goals ever) Burnley think they've got a chance. it'll make it all the sweeter when we wallop em.

Reasons we'll win.

Todd and Nelsen looking strong at the back and can handle what will undoubtedly be a physical encounter.

MGP is on fire (not literally.) I fancy him and Emo to terrorize the Burnley defence.

Tugay will be up for this and I reckon he's likely to put in a good game. His sophisticated passing will be too much for Burnley.

Matteo should miss the game through injury and Amo will miss it cause he's pants.

Savage is miles better than anyone in the Burnley squad and will dominate the midfield.

All in all I reckon 2-0 to the Rovers with Savage and Emerton to score. If we score early it could be a few more.

same liverpool B team that got them to the semi final in the carling cup - and featured 8 regular first team players - oh and of the course the full strength Villa team that had already beaten you lot

As for it being a physical encounter, have you seen our team? Nothing physical about it. All the rough stuff will come from your lot - hasn;t it been a feature this season? Remind again how long the player of the season in your league is out for after scoring an early goal against Rovers.....

Still love the confidence lads - it all bodes well for us. As the clear underdogs in this, arrogance and over confidence from an average premier league team can only help our cause.

Of course we think we have got a chance - all teams always think that however much the odds are against them. We have a chance, that does'nt mean we think we will win, just that we have a chance.

As for the guy who was betting - if you are so confident of the win why not give him the draw?

Still, not long now so I guess we can soon let the players do our talking for us.

(PS I assume you have copywrite permission from Burnley to use the club crest? - No worries I've emailed the club marketing department just to make sure)

Reasons we'll win.

- oh and of the course the full strength Villa team that had already beaten you lot

We hadnt lost to villa by the time you had played them.

Of course we think we have got a chance - all teams always think that however much the odds are against them. We have a chance, that does'nt mean we think we will win, just that we have a chance.

You haven't read your own websites then I take it. As they are awash with dingles looking forward to a win on sunday. Not thinking they have a chance but thinking they are going to win. We are the premiership team of course we should be a little confident. We also have exactly the kind of players suited to this type of game.

Before slating the members of this board for their views have a look closer to home.

longsiders

its nothing to do with arrogance, its football intelligence that is driving our hopes for a Rovers win as well as the fact that we are playing our closest rivals and lifelong enemies (are Preston not nearer ?)

you may well be the underdogs and we are the team that has most to lose, thats for sure.

dont lose sight of the fact that Rovers have the indian sign over the dingles and on recent history that is unlikely to change.

Your team may not have any fight about it, you certainly have little flair as was witnessed in that really entertaining game at Crewe. Dont come on here slagging Rovers for being "rough", the soft southern numptie wimped out of a 50-50 challenge hence he got injured. Now when I was a lad if you wimped out you got kicked !

I am really looking forward to seeing how bumley contain two wingers, adjust to having a player like Dickov roughing up the back 4, trying to get past Andy Todd with the seriously underperfroming Moore leading the attack and coping with the red hot atmosphere.

the media or some circles of it are suggesting that Rovers players may not cope with the atmosphere, on the same agenda I wonder just how little bumley will cope. After all it just wont be the dingles holloring and shouting and spitting and cussing, it will be from both ends of the ground. It will be interesting to see how the bumley team cope with a sea of blue and white at one end when normally it is just a sea of empty wooden seats !

see ya Sunday, all 79 coaches of us tinykit.gif

The 80 Coaches will create the perfect snow-plough phalanx as they move in perfect formation out of the Burnley district and back to "Success City".

Now have you ever spent a night in Burnley? And will you even see the word phalanx ever attempted on Claretmad never mind spelt correctly!

And its not about losing your voice...60 hours to go and counting.

It's spelt copyright.

Does your club have a marketing department?

wow spelling corrections from an Aussie - shouldn't you be pulling pints by now or is it only when Aussies come to England the only work they've got the brains for is behind a bar?

Yes we do - and just for that I think I will report this infringement!!!!

Sorry if I got the Villa date wrong - If it was after we had thumped them 3-1 they beat you then I apologise for not checking my facts.

On the Dick head - I mean Dickoff thing - well our central defenders (McGreal/Sinclair and even young Cahill) have dealt with better. Todd's a good defender but you know Ian Moore does seem to have a knack of scoring in this competition. The player that concerns me most from your squad is Savage TBH

We have 2 wingers that your defenders have to deal with. Whilst it may be at a higher level you have conceded 36 goals in 27 games - we have conceded 25 goals in 31 games.

You have the added pressure of being expected to win - and win comfortably against a squad from a lower division that consists of 14 senior pro's - just let that sink in 14 senior pro's, imagine losing to that. Imagine it after the game, a squad containing not one player good enough to get into your team (according to you), from your arch rivals who can't even muster enough senior pro's to fill the bench and you have lost - wow what a bummer.

Of course if recent reports are anything to go by you could have kicked our team off the pitch by then

80 coaches? Unless your planning to park one across your goal I am not sure how they are going to help you.

You have the added pressure of being expected to win - and win comfortably against a squad from a lower division that consists of 14 senior pro's - just let that sink in 14 senior pro's, imagine losing to that. Imagine it after the game, a squad containing not one player good enough to get into your team (according to you), from your arch rivals who can't even muster enough senior pro's to fill the bench and you have lost - wow what a bummer.

It doesnt matter whether you have 100 senior pro's or only 1 senior pro. Its Burnley so we wanna beat you and if we loose i will be gutted, not cos your team is crap or you only have 14 players but that you are BURNLEY FC!

It's spelt copyright.

wow spelling corrections from an Aussie - shouldn't you be pulling pints by now or is it only when Aussies come to England the only work they've got the brains for is behind a bar?

Yes we do - and just for that I think I will report this infringement!!!!

Sorry if I got the Villa date wrong - If it was after we had thumped them 3-1 they beat you then I apologise for not checking my facts.

On the Dick head - I mean Dickoff thing - well our central defenders (McGreal/Sinclair and even young Cahill) have dealt with better. Todd's a good defender but you know Ian Moore does seem to have a knack of scoring in this competition. The player that concerns me most from your squad is Savage TBH

We have 2 wingers that your defenders have to deal with. Whilst it may be at a higher level you have conceded 36 goals in 27 games - we have conceded 25 goals in 31 games.

Of course if recent reports are anything to go by you could have kicked our team off the pitch by then

80 coaches? Unless your planning to park one across your goal I am not sure how they are going to help you.

You know, you started out quite well, but now of late your true clarrot vitriol is beginning to shine through. Frankly you are boring me you sound just like the rest, trying to downplay things when in fact beating us is something you want most in the world.

I;ve read your boards, go on pretend not to be one of the hateful masses, I don't care. I did not really give a toss about the outcome of this game, the premiership and our staying in it is far far more important than beating a borrowed team with no history or accomplishments. But, you know what your sorry ramblings have made me hope we beat you, and beat you well. Even so if you get hammered you'll be playing your "nothing to lose card" but all the time you'll be crying behind the hand before you fold. May be beat you and beat you soundly just for the hypocrites as your self.

It's spelt copyright.

Obviously never been to Sydney then?

It's spelt copyright.

It's spelt, erm.......spelled.

I don't want to be pedantic (which of course means I'm about to be pedantic) but you can use either "spelled" or "spelt", neither are incorrect.

So, in summary, apart from your choice of football teams, and not being able to spell, what else are you @#/? at?

the media or some circles of it are suggesting that Rovers players may not cope with the atmosphere, on the same agenda I wonder just how little bumley will cope. After all it just wont be the dingles holloring and shouting and spitting and cussing, it will be from both ends of the ground. It will be interesting to see how the bumley team cope with a sea of blue and white at one end when normally it is just a sea of empty wooden seats !

Excellent point Roverite.Rovers players are used to playing infront of large,partisan crowds in the Premiership...once again the real question is will the Bumley players be able to cope with the whole occasion?

Many of their fans at work are worried sh1tless 2 days before a ball has even been kicked in anger never mind their players!!.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.