BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Once again the club are in a no win situation. Not on open sale until Friday? So try and shift the 11,000 non season ticket holder seats not only in three days (Fri, Sat and Mon - no tickets on the day of the game) but then have to arrange for them all to be collected on the night of the game as the post wouldn't be quick enough.

Much as people hate them perhaps a suggestion would be an automatic system for ST holders who only want their seat - you know one of them "enter your account number" "now enter the next account" "and now your credit card" but how often does this happen? Not often. It wouldnt be worth paying for it.

The folks in the ticket office are getting through them as quickly as possible, when I got through yesterday I was dealt with in half the time I normally am, and I bought extra seats as well as 3 ST seats.

They are doing their best.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect when hundreds of people are ringing up at the same time.

Easy solution if you dont want to ring, go to the ground.

How do you go to the ground when you are stuck at work? And how when at work are we supposed to have a free hour to be on the phone to get tickets.

The club has made a big mistake by having open sale from day 1, Should not be on open until Friday.

They also should have more people on the phone and at the ticket office windows.

Jus hope its quieter on the phone this afternoon or tomorrow.

postal application then if you cannot get to the ground or phone up.

I understand people not having time to do it, but if you do have the time i think the best way is to visit the ticket office.

Just booked my tickets over phone and am totally ###### off with the amateurish set-up. Spent an hour on the phone lstening to the same message over and over again.

Did they not realise this would happen and maybe get an outside agency to take some calls from the fans.....

Rovers - Premiership club, Conference set-up.

Absolute disgrace.......

mad.gif

Clown! - don't you want to fill the ground.

Cup tickets need to be sold ASAP.

The only alternative used to be cash on the turnstiles with hundreds queuing on the night - those days are gone.

tinykit.gif

postal application then if you cannot get to the ground or phone up.

I understand people not having time to do it, but if you do have the time i think the best way is to visit the ticket office.

With my history of posting season ticket applications form to rovers and the post in general I would not trust postal applications for a match such as this with such short timescales.

The main issue here is that the club cannot handle the extra ticket applications with current staff and temp staff are never any good at this.

the only way the club could solve this is if they did not actually do the phone slaes themselves, or asmentioned, allowed seaon ticket holder automated purchases (this could work for away matches as well so would not just be used as a one off).

Edited by streakyb

Never had a problem with postal applications in the past.. However the timescales here and the incompetance of Royal Mail means that you would probably end up at the ticket office queing for a replacement ticket.

Of course Rovers are doing their best, and some of the schemes they are looking at for the future will make things easier for season ticket holders. Unfortunately, in times of peak demand with short timescales, their best isn't quite good enough.

There was always the home cup scheme, which considering i've made all the cup matches may have been a better idea, in hindsight but with most cup matches being Night games its awkward.

I was in the queue at 43 and it took just over 40 mins, so around 1 minute per customer.

Nothing at all wrong with the ticket office's handling of the situation. I just stuck my phone on speaker and picked it up when i was 1st in the queue.

If you haven't got time for that then surely you have a mate that can?

I was in the queue at 43 and it took just over 40 mins, so around 1 minute per customer.

Nothing at all wrong with the ticket office's handling of the situation. I just stuck my phone on speaker and picked it up when i was 1st in the queue.

just over 1minute per person is extremely quick.

Nothing at all wrong with the ticket office's handling of the situation.  I just stuck my phone on speaker and picked it up when i was 1st in the queue.

just over 1minute per person is extremely quick.

I know, they're working flat out. Took me little over a minute once I got through.

Was on the phone for an hour, while in work. What we did is kept transferring the call to others in the office so that 1 persons phone wasnt constantly engaged for an hour.

Then when we got through we passed it round the office and 3 different lots of people booked theres.

so that 60 an hour, office open for 8 1/2 hours so thats 510 a day, 3 days season tickets have to claim their seats so, being generous, 1500-2000 season ticket holder could claim theire seats IF they were the only ones who could call on the first three days.

Guess you will be lucky if half that number are actually season ticket holder. When you look at the figure like that I think the phones are understaffed.

Edit. Forgot multiple buys, say 2-2.5 tickets each. 2-3k Season ticket seats sold by phone max.

Edited by streakyb

Why is the ticket office issuing paper tickets when we have a state of the art, computerised, proximity pass season ticket system ?

When did The Fimbles start working at the ticket office ?

Ding ding ding

Ding ding

Ding ting.

Ding ding ding

Ding ding

Ding ting.

"Your are in position....

a long way back in the queue........

Some people who couldn't find the North-West of England on a map are in front of you."

blink.gif

Has anyone been to the ground late morning / lunchtime today. Interesting to know how the queues are as I may need to 'bunk' off work at lunch tommorow to get mine.

I'm having no luck on the phone and even if I got through probably couldn't sit there for 30 minutes.

It's ridiculous.

If Rover's database has my season ticket account number which is accredited to the same address as my Debit card AND is the same address to post my ticket too why on earth can't I AT LEAST claim my own seat online?

Just think, at the moment it's only season ticket holders claiming THEIR OWN SEAT!! Imagine if we had 25,000 season ticket holders!! They'd need a week to sort it out. I can understand not putting tickets on general sale online but this is a joke. I dont work in Blackburn & can't get to Ewood so what do I do?

Answer: Take time off work without pay - drive to Ewood - queue up - claim my own seat - return to work.

It is 2005 isn't it? mad.gif

Its not just season ticket holders claiming their own seats, they are also on general sale at the same time. (you just cant buy a season ticket holders seat until friday morning).

Its quicker getting through on the phone and just leaving the thing on hold, queue is currently stretching to the Bar at the far side of the Blackburn end concourse (about 75 minutes queue).

NOT ALL the windows are open either.

They should have more phone lines open and have an option on the menu where you can choose if you are a season ticket holder claiming your seat or not, it would be miles quicker. I've rang up quite a few times today and yesterday and i am just getting in big queues at number 50 or getting told it's too busy.

They should have more phone lines open and have an option on the menu where you can choose if you are a season ticket holder claiming your seat or not, it would be miles quicker. I've rang up quite a few times today and yesterday and i am just getting in big queues at number 50 or getting told it's too busy.

They can only have as many phone lines as staff available......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.