BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

If you're all so bothered about it, why haven't you opted for the home cup scheme????

Ah - because you didn't think we'd draw Burnley.  Ah - because you didn't fancy having a tenner leave your bank accounts in order to watch the likes of Colchester.

Sorry Tris mate but you're talking a bit of claret. I didnt get the cup scheme because I miss a few games every season due to work. I've missed the first game this year (WBA) and about 5 last year and also have to bend work commitments to make several others. I didn't see the point in getting the scheme when I might not be able to make every game.

Well tough - we have drawn Burnley.  You lot have opted to pick and choose your cup games so you have to slum it with us non-season ticket holders in the queue for tickets, be that at Ewood or on the phone.

No the package through the post to tempt you to be a season ticket holder quite clearly stated that we'd get preference over non season ticket holders for cup games. That was a perk of my guaranteed money up front. Tonight that doesn't feel like the case. However..

And stop this bloody moaning about the ticket office staffing levels.  There is no other fixture - NOT ONE - which would cause this level of demand.  Some of the whingers on here appear to be suggesting that Rovers should be fully geared up to respond to a situation which last happened 45 YEARS AGO!!

Yet week after week after week after week, the existing ticket office staff have little to do, and anyone calling in for whatever tickets gets answered within 3 or 4 seconds on the phone, and at the ground there is rarely a queue of more than a couple of folk.

.... I agree that the ticket office can't be expected top cope with demand on current staffing levels and can't comment on the practicalities in terms of money, staff etc... to increase the people working in there at short notice. As I've mentioned I'm just going to have to try my best and sort this out one way or the other. I only live and work a few miles from Ewood. What if I lived further away?

I don't want your sympathy but a bit of understanding wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Hasta

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guinness drone is defending the indefensible as usual but he's right on one thing for once - it isn't rocket science.

As soon as the whistle blew at Turf Moor the management should have been organising the club staff (including other departments) to work in the ticket office 24 hours a day.

This is a unique match and it requires the club to do something out of the ordinary, which it patently has been unable to do. Perhaps they'll be geared up properly for the next time it happens 45 years hence.

Yet another example of management failure at Ewood - take a bow the man at the top, John Williams.

Hasta, I'm playing devils advocate to a certain extent.

As has already been pointed out, fans of other clubs have to send off blank cheques, drive hundreds of miles, get "fan cards", etc etc etc ... and regularly go through what Rovers fans are experiencing now just to get tickets for Crystal Palace or West Brom away in the league!

Rovers fans face this situation once every blue moon (eg Burnley and Celtic since the turn of the century) and yet all hell goes off if the phones aren't answered within 10 minutes.

Fine - you (and others) chose not to do the cup scheme for good reasons. So now, you have the opportunity to buy tickets but you may have to sacrifice a bit of time and effort.

I'm afraid that's life.

The Guinness drone is defending the indefensible as usual but he's right on one thing for once - it isn't rocket science.

As soon as the whistle blew at Turf Moor the management should have been organising the club staff  (including other departments) to work in the ticket office 24 hours a day.

This is a unique match and it requires the club to do something out of the ordinary, which it patently has been unable to do. Perhaps they'll be geared up properly for the next time it happens 45 years hence.

Yet another example of management failure at Ewood - take a bow the man at the top, John Williams.

What a load of rubbish.

Clearly you got left on Fleet Street when your entire profession buggered off to Canary Wharf.

Let's give the playing department a ring, and get all the first team back from Dubai to man the phones.

The club was clearly prepared for the possibility of a replay - the ticketing arrangements were released before I got home from Burnley, the "blueprint for high profile games" is already in place, and with 5 full days to go, it's barmy to suggest that anyone should be working round the clock to sell tickets.

Edited by Tris

The club was clearly prepared for the possibility of a replay - the ticketing arrangements were released before I got home from Burnley, the "blueprint for high profile games" is already in place, and with 5 full days to go, it's barmy to suggest that anyone should be working round the clock to sell tickets.

As I said before though, if there are people who want to go but can't get tickets then the club are just losing money - something we can't afford to do.

The second the 5th round draw was made arrangements should have started to be put in place to deal with the possibility of a replay. One of these arrangements should have been to ensure that all possible demand for tickets was met as much as possible. I'm not sure that's been done so far.

Just read through the ClaretsMad thread re tickets and them questioning the segregation.

To clear something up if you remember in 2000 they had 5,500 tickets with the front rows of the bottom tier blocked off with netting and also netting up the side. All Rovers have done now is move the 'side' segregation from the Darwen End to the home areas.

Obviously Rovers or the police want to keep distance between the two sets of supporters at Ewood. The Burnley fans should be grateful it's been done this way round this time so they've got the extra 1,500 tickets in their end. If it's a sellout both ends it's us that lose out.

I know this should be on their board but I really can't be bothered registering and I'm sure one of our registered or un-registered 'guests' will pick up on it.

As I said before though, if there are people who want to go but can't get tickets then the club are just losing money - something we can't afford to do.

The second the 5th round draw was made arrangements should have started to be put in place to deal with the possibility of a replay. One of these arrangements should have been to ensure that all possible demand for tickets was met as much as possible. I'm not sure that's been done so far.

Easy way to discover if you're right or wrong.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TICKETS BUT FAILS TO GET THEM BY CLOSE OF PLAY MONDAY PLEASE POST HERE

Your point is very valid hasta , I think the facup entitlement is 15% for away fans , so by the rules you only have to give us around 4600, so we cannot complain at 7000, but we will biggrin.gif

My only moan is , as someone pointed out , that you have lost around 1000 seats to avoid coin throwers? hell we need the money and would only invade the pitch to pick the ones that miss! tongue.gif

Tickets have been on sale to the database, not just ST holders, since 9.00 Tuesday. They will NEVER get on full general sale for security reasons.

I feel those backing the club on this are right. It's once in a blue moon, do you seriously think the club will not ensure everyone gets a ticket? This is a vital match on and off the pitch, a omce only opportunity to win back some of the armchair brigade. Williams knows this, he won't let it slip away. The one danger I can see is not all ST holders will get their own seats today which will create a rumpus. I'm also expecting an announcement the TO will open Sunday - it should do in this situation.

Tris is right to a large extent, there are systems in place to allow people to chill out and not worry about phoning up. The people who are moaning now could easily think next season I could make it easier on the club and myself by joining that scheme but instead they will just moan. Same as those who missed out Burnley away because they either didn't go to 2 away games or didn't get out of bed in time. Is the reaction to make sure it doesn't happen again? No just slate the club instead it's easier.

rover.gif surely the club should extend the deadline for season ticket holders to get there tickets till sat noon,i ain't even tried to ring yet but i am not prepared to sit with the telephone in my hand for 30-60 mins,would go to ewood if i was not working but we all have to earn our crust. tinykit.gif

rover.gif surely the club should extend the deadline for season ticket holders to get there tickets till sat noon,i ain't even tried to ring yet but i am not prepared to sit with the telephone in my hand for 30-60 mins,would go to ewood if i was not working but we all have to earn our crust. tinykit.gif

Waggy see above....

I have emailed the club and it will be interesting to see if they take note......

they should take note, its really annoying me. I live in Blackpool therefore cant really get down to ewood and im at uni in preston from 9-5 most days, as today is the last chance for me to get my seat i have to ring up from uni on my mobile which is gonna cost me loads if im on about 50 mins. Apart from the fact ive already phoned twice on my mobile, listened to about 10 mins of crap before being told its busy and getting cut off. There should be a much easier way for season ticket holders to simply get their own seat for a cup game. Even if i could afford to waste petrol and go from here to ewood in my dinner break, i dont fancy queueing up in the snow for an hour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.