SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just rung up at 9.25, and I'm position 89.

Intresting. Up to press they have only every had 50 lines (i.e. 50 slots in the queue) on the TO queue. So I'm guessing they've added some more capacity to the queue (unless you miss heard and it was position 49).

Also, this gets mentioned on every ticket thread but .....

Postal Applications (before the tickets go on sales where possible) are the easiest way of doing things without queing. They can be handed in at the TO before tickets go on sales to allow you to jump the queue a little (and save the postage).

and .....

You don't HAVE to listen to the ticket info (only to find the queue is full).

As soon as the recorded message gets to "For The Ticket Office, Press 1" Press 1. Then as soon as the TO message starts playing PRESS 9. That will take you staright to the same point as if you'd listened to the message.

CUP TICKET SCHEME!!!!

We get the idea now. But some of us cannot

a ) commit to the expense of every cup game

b ) commit to be able to go to eevrycup game

c) want to go to every cup game.

For those of us in groups a and b your incessant banging on about this is getting annoying.

It is not just up to the fans. The club should be able to handle high demand for tickets. Yes, it may be a one off (ish) If we had drawn Man U or chelsea and had a replay we would still have quite high demand for tickets in a v short period of sales time.

Yes, we could have made our lives easier, but the responsibilty does not soley rest on the fans. The club does have some obligation to be able to sell tickets in an orderly and expected manor (the key word being expected). In that respect the club should be giving me warning to the fans about delays etc in the press and on the web.

Unfortunatly due to our normally low ticket demand, we the fans, expect not to have to queue and wait, unlike Manu or Chelsea fans who treat that as the norm.

Edited by streakyb

Tris is right to a large extent, there are systems in place to allow people to chill out and not worry about phoning up. The people who are moaning now could easily think next season I could make it easier on the club and myself by joining that scheme but instead they will just moan. Same as those who missed out Burnley away because they either didn't go to 2 away games or didn't get out of bed in time. Is the reaction to make sure it doesn't happen again? No just slate the club instead it's easier.

The problem with that attitude though is that you think the fans should be doing all they can to get tickets from the club, when the reality of the situation is that the club should be doing all it can to allow us to buy tickets.

Comparing us to other big clubs isn't valid as they sell out every week. We don't, so the club should be doing everything it can to make it as easy as possible to buy tickets. I know the cup ticket scheme is in place but not everyone wants to, or can, commit to that in the summer. I didn't because I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to make games because of work etc.

Anyway, if we sell out on Tuesday all this becomes pointless. If we don't, and there are people without tickets who wanted them, then the club has dropped a b0llock.

I dont think its fair to say the club are not doing everything they can do sell tickets.

Having managed to get through on Tuesday and knowing how quickly I was dealt with for my 4 seats they aer working flat out.

The biggest issue is ST holders not being able to take their own seat - perhaps the club made the mistake of not giving exclusive purchasing rights to ST holders for even one day. WE could have all got through on Tuesday (those not in the Cup Scheme Tris wink.gif ) and then the scramble begins.

But hindsight is smashing isnt it!

My mate went down yesterday was queuing for 1h and 30 mins – when he got to the front of the queue they had NO RECORD of me being a season ticket holder despite having my membership number and address; they weren’t going to give him a ticket but my mate refused to leave until they did. Fools! I’ve been a season ticket holder for 16 years!!

I think it would be much easier for us to be able to go online, type in the season ticket number and get them. I would always use it. Rovers have apparently been working on improving ‘’our online sales facility for some time with PTV’’ who operate most of the football club websites. They launching an online ticket booking system that will allow season ticket holders to book their own seats etc on 14 March - a letter is going out to season ticket holders in the next couple of days explaining how this will work.

I think the PTV is a poor excuse – they could have easily set up their own web site and sorted an online booking facility AGES ago…. That’s what they did with the club shop – they had a sister site.

Imagine the ticketing CHAOS if/when we get to the semi finals??!!?! sad.gif

Edited by SuperStella

I don't know what the situation at some of the big clubs is - I never buy tickets from them. Nor do I know whether the ticket office is doing all it can.

I do think though, that the situation as it is, particularly for our club who are desperate for the fans to come out and back them, is unacceptable. The problems aren't simply for the season ticket holders either - they're for anyone who wants a ticket.

Have I got an answer? No, because I don't know the problem. Is it lack of staff or the lack of technology? In this day and age people shouldn't have to put themselves out to such an extent. Let's hope lessons are learnt.

I was fortunate to be able to go and queue for our tickets on Tuesday.

However, all you who are moaning, I hope you have emailed/written to JW/the ticket office with your complaints and suggestions if you feel so strongly. If they don't get feedback they won't be aware that improvements are necessary.

For my part, I would suggest increased opening hours at least for a couple of days to help those who don't live nearby or who are working during the ticket office opening hours.

I was fortunate to be able to go and queue for our tickets on Tuesday.

However, all you who are moaning, I hope you have emailed/written to JW/the ticket office with your complaints and suggestions if you feel so strongly. If they don't get feedback they won't be aware that improvements are necessary.

For my part, I would suggest increased opening hours at least for a couple of days to help those who don't live nearby or who are working during the ticket office opening hours.

It's not moaning, mum. It's a fair issue for debate? smile.gif

The biggest issue is ST holders not being able to take their own seat - perhaps the club made the mistake of not giving exclusive purchasing rights to ST holders for even one day. WE could have all got through on Tuesday (those not in the Cup Scheme Tris wink.gif ) and then the scramble begins.

But hindsight is smashing isnt it!

Tris this is what the major argument is really about.

I agree with you and Glenn in saying the club is probably doing all it can with the resources to hand ( except maybe opening 1hr earlier/later or both -its not as if its every week). Having to listen to teh same message over and over again doesn't help either if you are not aware of the short cuts etc

Yet again I just feel they have gone about it the wrong way, and people's comments re on-line booking etc should have been sorted ages ago. I have mentioned previously on here re the management of the resources -eg only allow ticket sales at the office in the morning but then phone calls as well/only in the afternoon etc but advise people beforehand re limitations and that queues will be likely.

as per streakyb

Yes, we could have made our lives easier, but the responsibilty does not soley rest on the fans. The club does have some obligation to be able to sell tickets in an orderly and expected manor (the key word being expected). In that respect the club should be giving me warning to the fans about delays etc in the press and on the web.

I am in the cup ticket scheme which is great, but what I feel people are missing is that although you automatically get your ticket - these can be returned and a refund made if you are unable to make a game ( all be it it is a little bit of a hassle its not the end of the world is it!)

However, this lead to the problems of the Cardiff game where tickets where cheaper elsewhere in the ground - and due to time constraints etc of getting the ticket -sending it back and getting a new (cheaper) one sent out just wasn't possible

Scotty, has made a vaild point in respone to why wait until Monday - some people will be put off by the constant waiting if it continues and if the club miss out selling tickets because of this then its their own fault , and they can't roll out the old moan of getting bums on seats again.

Yes, I suppose so...

I just want to be able to get tickets ONLINE

Yes, but as you know about, the club are putting in a solution in the next few weeks which will allow you to do that.

I know they have looked at more than just that ie using your Mobile Phone etc..

I'm sorry Tris, but the assumption that its tough because we didnt take out the home cup scheme is totally unfair. You can plan ahead for League games, as your fixtures are announced up to 11 months in advance (unless Sky move them). Cup games are more unpredictable, as they could be home/away or at night, and people with other commitments find these harder to plan in. (ie shift swaps, work away, family reasons)

Getting mine on Monday when I get paid

Im puzzled at the relative ease of getting tickets, they generally only let me get 4 at a time (basically going off my past history) but people are getting as many as 10!

Should be a healthy attendance if this is the case

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.