SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Fergie Quit Rovers

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Ferguson joined us a Scottish friend of mine referred to him as a 'Wee Numptie'. I didnt really know what they meant, but I do now.

Ferguson would be dwarfed on a Subbuteo pitch - in terms of stature, character, playing for the team, he lacks it all.

Good riddance. Obscurity beckons.

I'm dreaming of playing for Rangers in their biggest derby game of all

against PARTICK THISTLE...............Well that is THE big derby, isn't it?

Or am I as confused about derby games as Barry is?

Nice 1 mate you've got it spot on. Ive heard a few people say that bazza is quite stupid and this brings it home imo. Having played for the club for 18 months, been a footballer/fan for about 20 yrs and also still having been at the club for a few days after the draw was made (im sure he would have caught the enthusiam for it) for him to STILL not know that Burnley Blackburn is the big derby in Lancashire is pathetic. Bolton game might be a cup final for them, but if we lose we will forget about it in a week or 2. We lose to the dingles and we will hear about it for yrs!!

Wake up bazza and get yourself to the turf on sunday and witness a derby which is actually being played for a decent prize, rather than the scottish league cup or whatever.

I'm dreaming of playing for Rangers in their biggest derby game of all

against PARTICK THISTLE...............Well that is THE big derby, isn't it?

Or am I as confused about derby games as Barry is?

Nice 1 mate you've got it spot on. Ive heard a few people say that bazza is quite stupid and this brings it home imo. Having played for the club for 18 months, been a footballer/fan for about 20 yrs and also still having been at the club for a few days after the draw was made (im sure he would have caught the enthusiam for it) for him to STILL not know that Burnley Blackburn is the big derby in Lancashire is pathetic. Bolton game might be a cup final for them, but if we lose we will forget about it in a week or 2. We lose to the dingles and we will hear about it for yrs!!

Wake up bazza and get yourself to the turf on sunday and witness a derby which is actually being played for a decent prize, rather than the scottish league cup or whatever.

The draw was made on transfer deadline day. The same day he moved. In fact, I don't think he was ever in the country during the day.

In my 45 years of being a Rovers supporter I can't remember being so ''irritated'' by a player as by Ferguson (Dougan surpassed the use of the word irritate).

The way he went about getting his transfer was pathetic for a person of his supposed integrity.

I cannot follow why Rangers were so keen to get this loser back.

Simply put he FAILED in the EPL - and in my view he failed by leaving the EPL to return to the Sunday Pub League aka SPL.

I could have perhaps accepted in more if he wanted to follow Souness to those other gits at NUFC.

For this wimp to now try and justify by slagging of Rovers is disgraceful.

I am not proud to say it but if I read that his kneecaps have 'gone' the I will not shed a tear.

Good riddance Ferguson - I wish you no good luck.

Any football supporter who saw Ferguson play in the EPL will know that he failed to produce the goods here, we know it seeing him play every week.

There's more to Ferguson than meets the eye, he hasn't gone back to Rangers because of what he's said.

He's saying what he wants people to think about Rovers.

Wasn't he at one point saying how lucky he was to be given the chance to play at some of the world's greatest stadiums and against the best players in the world?

He's not worth it, let him produce his 'great' performances for Rangers because he will against the likes of Dundee.

But if that's Scotland's captain, no wonder as an international side they're so poor.

Edited by roversismylife

Whoever is advising Ferguson to make these ludicrous statements is doing a very poor job. While Celtic versus Rangers is as big as they come, that really is it. The guy's playing in the ultimate mickey mouse league, yet he clearly thinks he's at the cutting edge.

What a fool. huh.gif

Like the rest of my family, I'll be hoping that Celtic giving them a good beating this weekend.

Edited by Rovermatt

Celtic just gained 1 more fan mad.gif

I'm slowly edging towards the green side too pal.

The amount of disrespect shown by this clown to our club is sickening especially after we nursed him back from an horrific injury that, not too long ago, would have finished his career.

You recieved all the support you could have wished for at Ewood Ferguson,from the boardroom to the supporter in the stands,we all wished you well.

I wonder what a 'real' club captain and gentleman like Ronnie Clayton must think of all this..........................

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

.....looking at it a different way, Ferguson is just trying to "suck up" to the many Rangers fans who gave him 5h1t when he left them.

Many gers fans still feel bitter about 'how he left' to come to 'little Blackburn' unsure.gif

....in my book, he`s just trying to gain favour with his own people, by slagging off the common enemy down south.

I`m not bitter but.....

COME ON CELTIC!!! tinykit.gif

p.s.....can we replace this withstupid.gif with "I`m with fergie"?????

and he didnt slate the club when we paid him his wages for 6 months whilst he was out injured ! mad.gif

I was always a Fergie supporter but not any more.

The man can go and play in his 4 game season and then revel at the thought of visiting dunfermline in front of 7k supporters, Killie in front of 9k and Motherwell in front of one man and his dog blink.gif

Your a waster, a loser and a soft little FRISP sad.gif

Now then if anyone wants to know what FRISP stands for pm me !

I've no problem with Barry Ferguson admitting that he made a mistake leaving Glasgow. We could'nt have known how deep his lack of character was when he first signed for us. Neither have I a problem with him wanting to go back to a footballing backwater and forsaking any chance of being taken seriously or gaining any respect whatsoever as a quality footballer.

BUT would it have been too much to expect that he paid back the wages and transfer fee that he blagged out of the club? And especially so with the money that BRFC were good enough to pay him whilst he was crocked for 6 months. BY HIS OWN ADMISSION IT WAS HIS MISTAKE! HE SHOULD BE FORCED TO PAY FOR IT BY LAW. Footballing contracts are pathetic. Any normal business deal would contain penalty clauses and conditions to cover the breaking of a contract or non completion of a contract.

The entire episode still stinks of fraud.

Edited by thenodrog

So Mr Ferguson is now trying to justify the transfer on the grounds that Bolton V Blackburn isn't a big game.

He's certainly changed his tune from August 2003 - when he signed for Rovers saying:

"Every single game down here is a big one. Whereas without being disrespectful to Scottish football, you only get one big game a season up there and that's against Celtic."

Not only did he say that every single game for Blackburn was a big one, he also told Rangers fans that he had to get away from Glasgow because of the sectarian abuse he had received.

"I just want to be able to go to the park to play football with my boys or take them to the swimming pool without worrying someone will say something to me that will upset the kids."

"Moving to England will be good for the family," he said.

"When I knew Blackburn were interested it just felt right. I only have positive feelings about this move."

"I'm excited about playing in the Premiership. I'm looking forward to facing Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard. I'd love to do for Blackburn what they do for their teams."

So this is a man who firstly tried to use his kids and family as an excuse for moving from Rangers to Blackburn.

He tells Rovers fans just before Christmas last year that he is "extremely happy" at Blackburn.

"I definitely see my future here at Rovers. Hopefully I can stay here for a few more years yet," he said.

The following month in January he hands in a transfer request and according to Mark Hughes, he refuses to play for us in the FA Cup against Colchester.

He returns to Rangers, telling the Scottish media: "I've missed the club so much. When I pulled on the shirt again it felt so good."

And now he says that the reason for moving back to Glasgow is because Bolton V Blackburn isn't a big game....

The truth is that you can't believe a word that the @#/? says.

He has consistently lied and behaved in a disgusting manner, especially for a captain - culminating in refusing to pull on the Rovers shirt. A clear breach of the contract he had with us.

Why can't Ferguson own up and actually admit the truth ?

That he's a failure in English football who ran away from the Premiership - having failed in his aim to become a player in the Vieira/Gerrard/Lampard mould.

The English Premiership where he previously said that every game was a big one - unlike in the Scottish League.

Why Fergie Quit Rovers...

Because he's a failure, a bottler and a cheat to the Rovers fans who paid his vast wages for 18 months (six of them while injured).

He's missed the real derby on Sunday.

Dingles Vs Rovers is far better than the Old Firm.

It's intersting to know he wanted to leave after we actually won blink.gif

Oh well we've got Robbie Now biggrin.gif

EDIT:- Hope they get stuffed by Celtic tongue.gif

Edited by grizfoot

The more I hear from the previously invisible captain the more risible he appears. Instead of comparing the Glasgow matches he might like to comment on epic mismatches such as Rangers v Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick Thistle, Motherwell, Inverness Cal.......oh ###### I'm bored already. Nobody with a brain could believe any of those is bigger than any single match-up in the EPL. Look at the teams! Not a single recognisable name except for the occasional reject from Rotherham or Doncaster. I thought he slipped back to Jockland for family reasons. Obviously I gave him more credit than he deserves.

I had a shyite this morning.......

Flushed it down the bog straight off....

Don't like to talk about it now...........

I've even forgotten it's name................

Left a bit of a smell.................

But that's fading now.

My favorite cereal is Robbie AllBran. A really regular guy. I love it.

PLEASE, PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT THE PATHETIC NO MARK WEE RUNTLER THAT WIPED IT'S SNOTTY SCOTTY ARSE ON THE GLORIOUS BLUE 'N' WHITE, RHYMES WITH WAYNEGERS NAPPY BRIGADE. NO SURRENDER MY FLEURKLIN' FAT RUDDY SHINY BUTTOCKS.

It has gone haaaame.....let it be..........

The comments just make Ferguson look like a complete looser. (I'd use stronger language if it were allowed.) How he has the nerve to slag off Blackburn after how they stood by him and took a chance on him is beyond me.

By the way Barry, the reason you left was cause you failed. You aint going to improve as a player in SPL. Fair enough you wanted to win things - is not the F.A. Cup worth winning or the league cup? Both are worth more than that mciky mouse SPL league. Rangers have just as much chance as Rovers at european success - none whatsoever.

The only way that Barry would've had a chance at European glory would be through a big club Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. or abroad and none would touch him unless he proved himself as a Premiership player. Well, that's another lot of tropheys he'll never win.

Oh and Celtic rangers is not a big game. Man Utd Arsenal was a big game. Rovers against either of them would be a bigger game. In fact Bolton Rovers could be construed as a big game by SPL standards. I'm fairly confident that both teams would clean up the rest of the SPL and give Celtic and Rangers a good game too. The truth is on the international stage Celtic-Rangers is scarcely worth bothering with. Just like baby bazza.

Oh and Celtic rangers is not a big game. Man Utd Arsenal was a big game. Rovers against either of them would be a bigger game. In fact Bolton Rovers could be construed as a big game by SPL standards. I'm fairly confident that both teams would clean up the rest of the SPL and give Celtic and Rangers a good game too. The truth is on the international stage Celtic-Rangers is scarcely worth bothering with. Just like baby bazza.

What nonsense.

The Old Firm game is easily the most intense derby on the planet. As the only two teams capable of winning the title, the victor often stands in good stead in the league rankings. Set aside the quality of football (which is rarely of a very high standard in any derby game) and factor in the history, tension, atmosphere and large fanbases (all the things that contribute to such an occasion). It is utterly wrong to dismiss it outright like that. Yes the SPL is crap, but the Old Firm is one of its few positive aspects.

What nonsense.

The Old Firm game is easily the most intense derby on the planet. As the only two teams capable of winning the title, the victor often stands in good stead in the league rankings. Set aside the quality of football (which is rarely of a very high standard in any derby game) and factor in the history, tension, atmosphere and large fanbases (all the things that contribute to such an occasion). It is utterly wrong to dismiss it outright like that. Yes the SPL is crap, but the Old Firm is one of its few positive aspects.

Sure the atmosphere is pretty intense I'll give you that. But then so are many other derby games (Barca Madrid say.)

So the winners of the rangers celtic match most likely win the SPL - wow - what a prize. The SPL is so insignificant, you've said yourself the SPL is a joke, that the stakes are hardly much more than bragging rights. And what with at least four derby games per season the derby's highly repetative and too commonplace. Similarly I'd argue the quality and class on display is far higher in a premiership derby for example. Tottenham Arsenal for example is littered with high class players. As for tradition - is the tradition any greater than that of the other derby? Is it a greater tradition than the Rovers-Burnley derby? Ok they're two comparatively small (in terms of catchment area and on the international scale) clubs but to me that just adds to the tradition and atmosphere of the occassion.

To me Celtic Rangers games are too commonplace, fighting it out for very little, prizes which internationally are looked down upon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.