BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Fergie Quit Rovers

Guest Kamy100

Am I the only one who's not that bothered by his comments?

It's kind of true that we don't have any real derbies - we've played the Dingles 4 times in the whole 20 years I've been supporting the club.  Yes, we hate Man Yoo, but everyone does and it's a bit one-sided as a rivalry, and I confess to not really caring very much at all about Bolton.

For a player brought up with the intensity of Glasgow rivalries, I can forgive him his comments myself.  Ex-Rovers players like Yorke and Witschge (grrr...) have said a lot worse.  And if someone tried to convince him that the fixture at the Reebok really was the Big One, you can see why he'd feel a bit let down.

As you say, he didn't really cut it in the Premiership, a fact he doesn't deny, and he's off.  And it's certainly not enough to make me like Celtic.

tmap - what is wrong with you? That post is far too perceptive, even-handed and balanced for this board - sort it out pal...

Ferguson supports Rangers, we support Rovers. It happens...no, he didn't behave perfectly by us but hell it happens...and we can now both move on.

Some moves just weren't meant to happen...and this was one of them. Fergy and Rovers didnt mix...let us forget it. We have done worse before...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gone,bye bye, good riddance, not bothered about him anymore . mad.gif

dont like to repeat myself but BLOODY HELL !!!!!! he has gone , dont care how he is doing .If it was big Al,Duff,Garner, Ronnie bloody Clayton - different story HOWEVER it is NOT, he is a bottle mercheant, half arsed, AVERAGE midfielder .END OF.

This may be a stupid question or two but

1. Was there ever a definitive reason for him leaving, apart from "err I dont like playing in the Reebok"

2. How much did we get back for him.

Have you had you head stuck in the sand?

He left because he felt Rovers were not in a position to challenge for Europe, had little hope of winning trophies, he was homesick and his hero Souness left and he coud not stick it out. He must of come to the conclusion that he just could not make it in the Premiership to the level he could in Scotland, which is pathetic in so much as it was obviously a hard move when he took it.

He has potential but lacked to determination to carry it through. He wanted to be a big fish, he is as big as it comes north of the border, and could not cope when similar adulation was not forthcoming for a similar level of performance down south.

We got 3.5 million rising to 4.5 million, although the conditions under which this occours are unclear.

We got £4.5m rising to £5m on appearances.

I suppose given he's the Scots captain, the Gers cannot very well shaft Rovers on appearances the way they did Everton over Ball.

The only risk is that Ferguson has a Brasilian Granny. He is homesick for the Maracana and he wants to win lots of silver foil.

I'm thinking Bazza IS A BRASILIAN GRANNY.

Anyone catch the match at the weekend, did the wee lad even play? I would think a match at San Siro vs. Italy for WCQ is as big as it comes. Maybe not as big as an OF, apparently.

His desertion was the best thing that could have happened to Rovers. Perhaps the medicine didn't taste good going down, but in the long run - you'll see. For the best.

Tremendous bottler.

As i was ranting to a 3 customer services person on the phone at the weekend he asked me if i liked football. I said yes and said i supported rovers. He laughed and mentioned he was a Rangers fan and was dead chuffed to see Baz back at Rangers.

We got talking about how he did in England and i asked how he was getting on. He seemed to think that it made a difference having him back and he feels he'll eventually get back to his best and make all the difference in the title race.

We then spoke about how good Dickov was and how he'd love to see Savage playing for Rangers.

I'm thinking Bazza IS A BRASILIAN GRANNY.

Anyone catch the match at the weekend, did the wee lad even play? I would think a match at San Siro vs. Italy for WCQ is as big as it comes. Maybe not as big as an OF, apparently.

His desertion was the best thing that could have happened to Rovers. Perhaps the medicine didn't taste good going down, but in the long run - you'll see. For the best.

Tremendous bottler.

Ferguson had an excellent game for a battling Scotland side that was eventually squeezed out by a much classier team. Maybe you were watching a different match?

I'm surprised he made it onto the 'plane - must've been an ordeal for the guy.

Perhaps all his living relatives were bundled on as well to help him settle for his 24 hours in Italy. And 'neeps and tatties for the pre-match meal!

Hey, I'm not defending the manner Ferguson's departure here, or his character for that matter, but this attitude of "he was always crap anyway, we're better off without him" is clearly nonsense.

I'm surprised he made it onto the 'plane - must've been an ordeal for the guy.

Perhaps all his living relatives were bundled on as well to help him settle for his 24 hours in Italy. And 'neeps and tatties for the pre-match meal!

Hey, I'm not defending the manner Ferguson's departure here, or his character for that matter, but this attitude of "he was always crap anyway, we're better off without him" is clearly nonsense.

I am actually not very that we are missing him. If anybdy has taken his place as such it would be Mokoena and he is doing a stirling job.

If we had any decent forwards for Ferguson to pass to we might miss him, but in the current defensive climate breaking on the ball I would say Savage and Reid are more suited going forward.

For the money we got I am sure Hughes can make signings far more appropriate to the side.

I see that in pursuit of his desired silverware Barry managed to get himself sent off in the 'crunch' game at Fir Park against Motherwell.

Maybe the pressure of playing in front of 10,210 fans for his beloved Rangers became too much.

3-0 up, chucked away 2 goals and very nearly their season. Ferguson's sending off was a bit harsh, but to be honest he had a crap game anyway. He hasn't impressed the more, erm, aware members of the Rangers support since his return as near as I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if he is crying in his haggis tonight after watching his team suffer a 1-0 loss at HOME to one of the poorest teams in the league ?

Never mind wee one, its what you went home for laugh.gif

Edited by 1864roverite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.