BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5 Favourite Teams

I have a team I follow in every country, name a country and I will tell you who I support and why. (maybe a bit weird but it was fun to compile)

Blackburn is the top of my list and will always remain that way but I could never support another team in England.

Ok. Nicaragua?

Sure, Real Esteli Futbol Club

I did this list up in 2003, in this year Real had just won the Torneo Apertura, which is the opening championship.

I also in picking my clubs from way out reaches of the planet, I tend to try and choose names that have some relation to bigger clubs in this case Real (who are my chosen Spanish club), they are also the second oldest club in Nicaragua and one of the most successful, so it wasn't like they were going to dissapear any time soon.

Next?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rovers

2. Rovers Reserves

3. Darlington (born there)

4. Queen of the South (my sister lives near Dumfries and i sometimes go and watch

5. Leyland Motors (lived and worked there)

and if I can have 6 then Cheltenham as they were my local team when I lived in the Cotswolds

Oh.....does this help then?

Angola ASA

Anguilla Roaring Lions

Antigua & Barbuda Empire FC

Argentina Boca Juniors

Armenia Shirak FC

Aruba SV Dakota

Australia Brisbane

Austria SK Sturm Graz

Azerbaijan FC Neftchi Baku

Bahamas Coca Cola FC

Bahrain Al Ahli Club

Bahria AL Ahli Club

Bangladesh Brothers Union SC

Barbados Notre Dame SC

Belaruss BATE

Belgium Anderlecht

Belize Juventus FC

Benin Cavaliers

Bermuda Dandy Town FC

Bolivia Bolivar La Paz

Bosnia Bosna

Botswana Prisons XI

Brazil Sao Paulo

British Virgin Islands Veterans FC

I have more, I find that insulting that someone thinks I would lie like that mad.gif

ive allways liked clubs with certain players i liked. ive always like Real Betis as they have Joaquin (not for much longer accordin to the media) erm i also kinda like Boca Juniors because of the time Carlos Tevez spent there quite like Atalanta as well. Ive allways liked Carlise and i do kinda like chelsea because of Duff. oh i did like Santos as they had Diego and Robinhio (not sure on the spelling)

cant think of any more..........for now

Angola ASA

Anguilla Roaring Lions

Antigua & Barbuda Empire FC

Argentina Boca Juniors

Armenia Shirak FC

Aruba SV Dakota

Australia Brisbane

Austria SK Sturm Graz

Azerbaijan FC Neftchi Baku

Bahamas Coca Cola FC

Bahrain Al Ahli Club

Bahria AL Ahli Club

Bangladesh Brothers Union SC

Barbados Notre Dame SC

Belaruss BATE

Belgium Anderlecht

Belize Juventus FC

Benin Cavaliers

Bermuda Dandy Town FC

Bolivia Bolivar La Paz

Bosnia Bosna

Botswana Prisons XI

Brazil Sao Paulo

British Virgin Islands Veterans FC

I have more, I find that insulting that someone thinks I would lie like that mad.gif

Have to agree that it seems you're either suffering from a "Rain Man"-complex or just have to much time on your hands but at the same time I find it kinda cool that you took the time to look 'em all up. Seeing as we are quite a few scandinavian members on this board - care to enlighten us with what teams are your favourites in scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark (and Finland & Iceland))?

Favourite team besides Rovers: Tromsø, Norway!! tongue.gif Like many Scandinavians, I have one favourite English team in addition to my local team. This is like having a regular mistress in addition to your wife, which I´m sure everybody would agree is acceptable? rolleyes.gif

Have to agree that it seems you're either suffering from a "Rain Man"-complex or just have to much time on your hands but at the same time I find it kinda cool that you took the time to look 'em all up. Seeing as we are quite a few scandinavian members on this board - care to enlighten us with what teams are your favourites in scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark (and Finland & Iceland))?

Norway - Lillestrom, the reason for this may be poor but Mile Sterjovski (aussie striker) used to play for Lille in the French league, hence the association. Rosenborg seemed like the Man Utd of Norweigen football and Brann sounded to much like my breakfast cereal. If I had been a member of this board at that point I would have probably chosen Valerenga.

Sweden - AIK, because I had so many teams to choose and I had to try and remember all of them I chose a lot of teams that had simple letters to recognise. Besides they are the biggest team in Sweden and what a sporting achievement history for "Allmänna Idrottsklubben" all round.

Denmark - Is there anyone else worth choosing other then Brondby?

Finland - FC Atlantis, other then the name Atlantis which I thought was pretty cool, they seem like a progressive club who's star is rising very quickly. Is the correct pronunciation in Finnish Allianssi?

Iceland - Akranes, other then having (from pictures I have seen) one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, they have won the title more times then anyone outside the capital. I felt they were similar to Blackburn in footballing terms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.