BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Good Tactics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my second season last night. Slipped from 5th to 6th on the final day of the season. Won the league cup and was runner up in the UEFA cup. Derek Riordan won supporters player of the season for the second year running. Really can't recommend him highly enough for about 325k at the start. The board have given me 5.9m to spend this summer- which is an improvement too. I've signed Fabrice Fernandez for 500k and Ricardo Sousa for 100k. Looking for a quality forward with the rest of my money. I've got Stead, Gallagher, Riordan and Lebohang Mokoena- who all score a lot of goals for me- but fancy one more striker. Gianfranco Zola was a good buy for a season- but he's turning 40 now- so let him go. At the moment my starting line up for next season is looking likely to be: Friedel- McEveley, Nelsen, A.Mokoena, Neill - Savage - Pedersen, Reid - Viana - Riordan, Stead. I've found a lot of the Rovers players come good- so not really much need for too much chopping and changing.

I got Shearer for my Second/Third season he was also my assisntant manager up until last season.

The Unthinkable happened last night after a poor run of results I was sacked as manager of Blackburn Rovers after straight championships and two Uefa Cups 4 straight league cups and FA Cups This is the thanks I get.

I HOPE THEY GO DOWN laugh.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I took Accy Stanley from Conference National to Premiership in about 6 or 7 seasons, and in 2012/13 season I won the league cup, yet at the end of the season I was still almost sacked because I finished 17th.

5 months down the line though I'm 2nd in league, just beaten Arsenal and Chelsea, so different feel to the place now biggrin.gif

my formation is:

-------------------------------------goalkeeper---------------------------------------

right back, short run to mid------2 centre backs-----left back, short run to mid

---------------------------------holding midfielder------------------------------------

-----------------attacking midfielder-------defensive midfielder--------------------

att.mid right, short run to byeline----------------att.mid left, short run to byeline

------------------------------------target man------------------------------------------

Works a treat. I based it on a match i saw between NUFC and Palace last season, both teams looked solid and the 'wingers' can act as forwards and get goals themselves

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.